We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accesories.
(01-22-2012, 10:25 AM)Fabricati Wrote: »there are a lot of other possible 'axes' than just your typical "Good Guy/Bad Guy" meter

All I got out of this was wanting to see someone wielding their personality axes.

The more of a brazen caricature you become, the bigger your meter and the more devastating your attacks.
(01-21-2012, 10:55 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »It's not gamer twitter.

Right.

(01-22-2012, 09:44 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Is this what owning a PSP is like

Yes, same with a black ds lite. You learn to live with it.

I don't find the idea of morality affecting gameplay appealing in the slightest, mostly because i've only seen 'hug the puppies/burn down the orphanage' kind of games. Not being huge fan of rpgs/dialogue don't help the case.

I have the simplest/most boring taste in videogames.

(01-22-2012, 10:53 AM)Schazer Wrote: »All I got out of this was wanting to see someone wielding their personality axes.

Best idea.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
(01-22-2012, 10:53 AM)Schazer Wrote: »
(01-22-2012, 10:25 AM)Fabricati Wrote: »there are a lot of other possible 'axes' than just your typical "Good Guy/Bad Guy" meter

All I got out of this was wanting to see someone wielding their personality axes.

The more of a brazen caricature you become, the bigger your meter and the more devastating your attacks.

Actually, if you guys play your cards right...
The other day I ordered a Nintendo 3DS.

I don't much care for gimmicky 3D, but it is the only version of the DS I have purchased and I figured, I might as well get the most up to date one even if I don't care for its main selling point. To go with my new handheld console I purchased The World Ends With You, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors. In the future I hope to become better acquainted with both the Ace Attorney games and the Professor Layton games. I am open to suggestions on cool games I might have missed out on being new to the whole DS concept, but it'll be a while before I can go out and purchase them.

In unrelated games news I recently played LIMBO and Bastion. Limbo was pretty cool in a bleak, creepy, I am petrified of spiders, aagh aagh kind of way. Whilst Bastion was pretty much hands down one of the best games I have played in a long while.
(01-22-2012, 10:53 AM)Schazer Wrote: »

Well see that's just Schazer. Can't get enough of big axes.
(02-15-2012, 11:28 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »The World Ends With You, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.

Is good game choices! I'd recommend Hotel dusk if you liked Ghost trick and 999, too.
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
(02-15-2012, 11:28 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »I am open to suggestions on cool games I might have missed out on being new to the whole DS concept, but it'll be a while before I can go out and purchase them.

There's Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts, both excellent games, as well as the DS Advance Wars games... Drawn To Life and its sequel are also great (5th Cell, woooo)!
(01-22-2012, 10:53 AM)Schazer Wrote: »All I got out of this was wanting to see someone wielding their personality axes.

HAMFIA: THE VIDEO GAME

"STAND ASIDE; I TAKE LARGE SWINGS."
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
(02-16-2012, 01:06 AM)g0m Wrote: »
(02-15-2012, 11:28 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »The World Ends With You, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.

Is good game choices! I'd recommend Hotel dusk if you liked Ghost trick and 999, too.

If you like these texty games I'd also recommend the Ace Attorney saga for something in the same vein as Ghost Trick except much wackier.
Oh well yeah I recommend ace attorney games 100%

Also, Another Code
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
My 3DS arrived today. So far I am messing with the 3D trying to see a difference (and failing) and walking around and wondering how it knows how many steps I have taken.
In addition to what everyone else suggested, the Castlevania games for DS are all good, with Order of Ecclesia probably being the best. And if you aren't afraid of adorable pink puffballs, there are some pretty good Kirby games out there, too. I can say from personal experience that Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby Mass Attack are both good.
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
Adding in Pogeymons to the list (Black or White, Platinum, Silver or Gold and the Mystery Dungeon Games)
Radiant Historia if you can find it, but I dunno because while they are re-printing it here in AMURICA i dunno about britland.
Planet Puzzle League, Picross 3D, Tetris DS are good time sinks, most any mario game is pretty good, Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story, and New Super Mario Bros, no exception, although getting Super Mario 3D Land is an option and I loved the Gamestop Demo I played.
There's also Shin Megami Tensi: Devil Survivor which is a good tactics game and Rhythm Heaven which is easy to begin and nigh impossible to master from my experience.
I'm going to stop myself now or else I'll be here all day.
(02-16-2012, 09:37 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ
I was trying to find a ROM of the exquisite NES classic "Red Riding Hood" and that stupid DS game ruined everything for me.
I got all perfects on rhythm heaven. I am SO PROUD of my life you guys you don't even know.

Whatever yo do, don't buy Star Fox Assault. It was the biggest letdown starfox ever gave me. For puzzles get Polarium if you can find it, uhhh, Professor Layton too. Etrian Odyssey and the sequel but not the sequel to the sequel.

If you like the kirby games all the kirby games on DS are exactly the same as the snes kirby so get one of those? Advance wars is good but I totally suck at it :( I liked Yoshi Touch and Go a lot less than I thought I did, and Mario Kart DS a lot more than I thought I did.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Megaman Zero Collection
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Capcom is taking a Zero Megaman policy HEY-OH
Speaking of Mega Man, has anyone played 9 and 10, the new installments? They are SO GOOD. And they also make a great point about the current state of the gaming industry, when many gamers would rather play that than whatever cool-looking generic FPS came out last week.
(02-16-2012, 11:13 PM)Woffles Wrote: »I got all perfects on rhythm heaven. I am SO PROUD of my life you guys you don't even know.

Even maoi doo-wop 2? Nuh uh. Nuh Uh.
Nine is pretty amazing and I have been really close to beating the last level for like ages.
It is the farthest I have ever gotten in a "classic" megaman game.
I should probably beat that and the other games that I am on the last or almost last level in but that I still haven't played for no reason at all.
Oh, and Ix! If you like the Phoenix Wright games, and the Professor Layton games, Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright is coming out for the 3DS at some point in the future!
I retract what I said, Mega Man is a stupid poop and he should die and WHY IS THAT GAME SO HARD *throws controller*
(02-17-2012, 12:15 AM)g0m Wrote: »
(02-16-2012, 11:13 PM)Woffles Wrote: »I got all perfects on rhythm heaven. I am SO PROUD of my life you guys you don't even know.

Even maoi doo-wop 2? Nuh uh. Nuh Uh.

Like yah? Moai doo-wop had some bullshit timing on the "plock" souds but once I got the hang of those they were really lenient with the perfect.
Hardest perfect though: Remix 6. Screeeeew thaaaaat
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
:o

Amazing.
Supes you should get a keyboard for that greencast. Then that zombie typing game.

And by you I mean me.