Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog

Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog
RE: Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs
Amusingly enough, GBCE appears to have joined in the early 20th century.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
It's an administrative account. I suspect it's going to be used with the scraper tool to account for posts by users not registered on this forum.

(Posts by people with a different username here could be trickier to handle, though I suppose Pines could manually change the name and then change it back after the transfer?)
o_o when did i become most posts

what happened to my life
There are numerous changes to be made to the post editor, but it's its own isolated set of code that I haven't had a chance to dig into yet. Once I'm in there, I'm sure I'll be able to do all sorts of things, but right now I'm focused on getting the scraper dealt with and whatnot.
I'm curious what blood you've been looking at bigro
I thought that red was my stupid phone being stupid.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
That is possibly also related to the red lines i get on the site with my phone: they take over all the horizontal lines in the forum if i'm zoomed out so the forum is full screen.

edit: now with picture

SpoilerShow
No red here, but I DID just now discover that a couple sections have aaallll the topics bolded for new posts, and some sort of authorization error message that I'd have saved if I'd been thinking popped up when I tried to "mark as read".
The link to the scraper at the top doesn't appear to be closed-- a lot of the text on the main page, when hovered over, links to the scraper instead of being normal text.
(03-30-2013, 02:35 AM)Sanzh Wrote: »The link to the scraper at the top doesn't appear to be closed-- a lot of the text on the main page, when hovered over, links to the scraper instead of being normal text.

This right here? Exactly the reason I'm fond of testing. Tiny, silly mistakes are lurking behind every corner, just waiting to leap out at you. Thanks for the heads-up.
Uh, that's weird.

I just checked the front page, and when I move my mouse anywhere in the section with the forum links, everything in that section gets underlined.

Edit: Oh, okay, that's the issue Sanzh just mentioned above.
Could you PLEASE make it so that birthdays are automatically hidden when registering? This is the largest security gaffe since the lizard people hacked into Sony and found the missing Watergate recordings.

As it turned out, Atlantis was actually faked by NASA.
You can downgrade this disaster to a Category Assange; new users from here on out will by default display neither age or birthdate. Thanks for the heads-up!
I saw a "503 error" briefly, so I came here to tell you that one happened in case you weren't aware, and I ran into the page that doesn't exist error thingy on this thread [where there isn't a page 9 yet but there will be one when I make this post, but it lets me click the number 9 anyway]
~◕ w◕~
Did we remove the ability to auto-merge recent consecutive posts?
(04-03-2013, 03:54 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »I saw a "503 error" briefly, so I came here to tell you that one happened in case you weren't aware,

Yeah, that happens, and I think it's just going to be one of those hiccups of being small enough as to not be paying for Multi-Million-Dollar Internet Serverces.

(04-03-2013, 03:54 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »and I ran into the page that doesn't exist error thingy on this thread [where there isn't a page 9 yet but there will be one when I make this post, but it lets me click the number 9 anyway]

Theoretically the recent update was supposed to fix that, but it might have also needed an additional recount run. I've run the thing, so if it keeps happening, let me know.

(04-04-2013, 01:35 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Did we remove the ability to auto-merge recent consecutive posts?

I turned it off because Mafia was getting bugged by it. Decisions about more permanent off-or-on-ness of it will be made later.
(04-04-2013, 02:06 AM)Pinary Wrote: »
(04-03-2013, 03:54 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »and I ran into the page that doesn't exist error thingy on this thread [where there isn't a page 9 yet but there will be one when I make this post, but it lets me click the number 9 anyway]

Theoretically the recent update was supposed to fix that, but it might have also needed an additional recount run. I've run the thing, so if it keeps happening, let me know.

At the time you posted this, the forum still showed this thread as having 203 replies, and your post is #203. That suggests the bug is still going to happen.
This usertitle is 29 characters long, less than the assumed 30 limit. However, it looks like at around 25 characters in length, the title wraps around onto the second line, which is within the avatar field.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
[Image: e18e2a80b944002c06f1e5f6af213074.png?1365267367]

It looks fine to me; I think it may just be a function of browser resolution on your end.
For what it's worth, I'm seeing the wraparound thing too.
[Image: 8tUZM2r.png]

Recording an image of it. The bug isn't as much the fact that it wraps as the fact that it overlaps within the avatar.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
It might be something to do with the fact that, for some reason, some posts have a wider user details field than others, sometimes on the same page.

Example: Dragon Fogel's last post and Kieros' after it.

I still have no idea why that happens.

E: Of course, right after writing this, I finally realize why. (It's the date).
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
So, I'm not sure what's going on, but inkWanderer is having problems posting. I keep seeing his posts with the words "undefined" on it, and I'm not sure what that means. I've contacted him through Reddit and he is equally confused.

Here they are:

https://eagle-time.org/showthread.php?ti...2#pid28602
https://eagle-time.org/showthread.php?ti...3#pid28523
Testing my posting ability.
I'm sure this is a bug for exactly no one, but whenever I use internet explorer from my school's computer, the advanced reply screen appears unaligned.

Mainly, the smilies box floats into the message box, and the message box extends down past its border.