This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
Okay but what about the REAL update
(03-10-2013, 05:38 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »And Phish was actually in the ballpark - MSPAFA has been moved into the "MSPA" section of the forums. It's in the same section as MSPA Discussion.

As if we didn't already have enough problems with it being perceived as "a forum for Homestuck fanventures".

If it reassures you any, the latest terrible adventure isn't a Homestuck one.
https://mspaforums.com/showthread.php?53...SPA-FORUMS

Let's put Eagle Time here and see what happens.
I agree with the sentiment, but maybe not the execution. That thread's purpose as I understand - to find homes for displaced communities - feels a bit larger in scope than what ET may be able to handle. I think I might be having opinions on things I don't fully understand again, though. :melonshrug:
BTM sees the tags working properly for him now.

BTM sees the mess that has become MSPAF.

BTM has decided to completely move here.
The update is somewhat upsetting upon my reading of it, but... eh. What can I do? This is Information code 6-1(5.1) (Information Received (Emphatic) (Conflicted, minor intensity)) here. I am minorly conflicted.
韋力澹、杜薇花,《亞奧美思特大傳》人物兩「茄呢啡」獨魯人也。
韋為紫血,杜為藍血,二人關係生平不詳。惟只現一回則見光死於熊熊烈火中矣。
Ah jeez I log in for 5 minutes and already there's just a clusterfuck of sorrow.
With Games and Collabs getting kicked out I don't see much reason to stick around, except to read on some choice adventures.

There's a brief silver lining in that Eddie has come back for a new adventure. So that's pretty nice.
(03-09-2013, 06:01 PM)Ed Wrote: »
(03-09-2013, 10:57 AM)Schazer Wrote: »I'm just here to make sure you all behave yourselves while doing so.

So you're not here to shoot the shit with us? You sound like a police officer or something, honestly, if it was necessary to keep an eye on everyone so we can behave properly this place would be a lot less pleasant. I'm up for the idea of the community self moderating itself, or not moderating anything at all since it's not necessary like it has been so far.

Yeah, sorry, bad phrasing on my part. What I meant to say is that as an admin, I'm ok with not leaping into debates and such considering I'm the one who has to keep an eye out and "adjudicate" over it anyway. Then again, I'm not a very debate-y person in general.

Anyway! Yeah, MSPAF's upgrade was horrendous for plenty of reasons - irrespective of the above, I'm quite happy putting that out there. I'd be quite chuffed if people started moving wholesale onto this forum in response; talk already of people doing so is really heartening to see. I'll still be following my favourite MSPAFAs though, likely as not.

I was Skype-abusingly furious earlier, sure, at the changes and the administration's conduct. Now I can't help but be a little bit excited, which is probably a terrible thing to be. Ah well.
I can totally temper your excitement by being an obtuse nitwit if you want

I can be so obtuse

Like almost a goddamn circle
(03-10-2013, 02:13 PM)Mehgamehn Wrote: »I can be so obtuse

Like almost a goddamn circle

No tact, no angles
Hey guys. How's it going?
I haven't been here in a while, because I AM A TERRIBLE FRIEND!

I don't know why peeps are upset about the games. I don't think I've played anything on MSPAF since this place was founded, and I got to be a chester who committed ritual suicide, which was pretty great. Heck, this place would be/is great for games!
I got to die and then join the hive mind of a pharmaceutical conglomerate, it was fun. Come to think of it, that's pretty much the best mafia I ever played, so no Schaz, we don't all have super negative opinions of games like Mafia
I enjoy it as long as I get to kill people and convince other people that I'm innocent
I enjoy it as long as I don't have to take it seriously.

Do you have any idea how little attention I paid to what was going on in Trainwreck 2? Half the time I wasn't all that sure what my own scumteam was doing.
Mafia games are far more fun in real-life. Great for parties.
hurmmmm, i have a very clustered days up ahead...

I enjoy mafias in general but ive only played it online, i started playing it over... ventrillo i think? That was silly and was really more about flavor and bs than anything else, hee hee.
You'll do fine, Sol. Then it'll be wild road trips e'rry weekend. Roof down. Car fulla hotties.
Beep Beep
I used to be an Epicmafia reg, was kinda addicted to it. Got out of that a while back, haven't really mafia'd in a long time
I always had "Gamers" trying to tug me into the forum to play a bit of butts n' dragons with them but I never did because I knew that I would get distracted and forget about it for a while u-u

GUESS I MISSED MY CHANCE OH WELL~

*Dragged by an angry mob into the ET Games forum*
(03-12-2013, 09:32 PM)Mehgamehn Wrote: »I used to be an Epicmafia reg, was kinda addicted to it. Got out of that a while back, haven't really mafia'd in a long time

EpicMafia was the shit like two years back

wait is mafia as a forum game like epicmafia because i would jump on that shit so hard
[Image: tumblr.png] [Image: signature.gif] [Image: sig.gif]
The different medium makes it slower paced and allows for more complex roles, but otherwise yeah.

I remember joining the epicmafia craze way back when the forum mafias just started. That was what, almost three years ago?
(03-13-2013, 06:01 PM)Doodley Wrote: »
(03-12-2013, 09:32 PM)Mehgamehn Wrote: »I used to be an Epicmafia reg, was kinda addicted to it. Got out of that a while back, haven't really mafia'd in a long time

EpicMafia was the shit like two years back

wait is mafia as a forum game like epicmafia because i would jump on that shit so hard

It's the same game and rules, but a "day" might last four real days or longer so people the world over can post things. Also what 'Nola said about more complicated/ridiculous roles.

The game I'm running soon will probably be like if EM had cheats like "big head mode" and you turned them all on simultaneously and then threw enough players in the game that balance was severely affected.

Amosmyn's upcoming game is much more standard fare.
Oh dude that's even better though, I was never able to take how fastpaced EpicMafia was but I really liked it. I would function better on a slower pace. Reminded me of TTT, I played the hell out of TTT.

Would I be able to spectate a game first, see how it all goes down?
[Image: tumblr.png] [Image: signature.gif] [Image: sig.gif]
you could but I don't think Murderfia is going to be particularly useful as a learning experience
(03-13-2013, 08:47 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »you could but I don't think Murderfia is going to be particularly useful as a learning experience

Not to mention if you took Murderfia as a baseline for how mafia games go down, you'd be ruined for all other mafia games forever.

My totally-not-biased recommendation? Spectate Amos' game (I think he has observerchat if you ask in the thread?); sign yourself up for some Murderfia Trog Demands Blood!