We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
Speaking of puzzle games with omnipresent narrators!

I recently played Thomas was alone. It's a really fantastic puzzle platformer with a really fantastic and funny narration over it. Also really good music too!

The characters are literally rectangles of various shapes and colours but I swear to god they have more personality than at least 90% of AAA game protagonists these days.

I highly recommend it!

Oh cool, now this game will have two characters that i like. I think i'm gonna get it on PC if i don't have to pay for the dlc characters and if it supports more than the 360 controller.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I have a minecrafty proposition for you all.

I was playing the Direwolf pack off the Feed The Beast launcher
And came across an interesting seed
Whats this? A village in the middle of a giant lake?

[Image: rvesk5.png]

And what do we have here... a village on a mountainside...overlooking a giant lake.

[Image: wldfnp.png]

Wait a minute...
[Image: 2akkyu1.png]

Oh dear!

Now, the details aren't finalized (or if this will even go ahead) but this could be a Fora Vs Fora build-off (with another forum of pretty cool/chill people) or just a Team V Team (depending on how many people I can round up)

Anybody interested?
Ooh, that is p. neat. I couldn't contribute much but would be keen to futz around in it.
yes interested yeah
sorry i'm too busy playing the mindcrack pack on ftb to join this one
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Hokay
EagleTimers playing. Maybe
Solaris
Bigro
Shayzer
Nopad

And, Introducing your Opponents
From a forum over a decade old....
YOUR FUTURE SELVES
(no not really)
(well, okay it's possible)
From the forum of a webcomic that defines Schedule Slip
The Delightfully Insane People from Captain Snes (the first forum I ever joined *sniff* )

Anywho, we've got 4 a side. Any extras would be appreciated though!
I can go ahead with those numbers!

I've also been having more ideas. Mostly from the idea that this is a nice friendly competition and...what if it wasn't.
I'm thinking sabotage.
I'm thinking colourful journals of the daily mishaps to keep the spectators entertained (who doesn't enjoy reading about shenanigans?)

Any thoughts/suggestions?
I don't know if anyone here plays or did play point and click games, but Rabbit Tell made a trilogy of such games a few years ago called Trapped that has always been a personal favourite of mine. And now their website is back online after vanishing for a few years or something (I'm not entirely sure, having apparently only remembered they existed about a month after they returned) so if you want to play said trilogy, you can find it here. I would definitely recommend it if point and click games are your thing.

A few warnings: the logic gets kind of insane at points (two words: mutant pear) so a walkthrough is probably a necessity. Especially for the 'real' ending of the third game, which can only be found by playing all three in one sitting and finding all three easter eggs. (I suppose if they have a purpose then they're not really easter eggs, but that's what people assumed they were before the release of the third game.) You should also be aware that The White Rabbit and The Dark have the same art style, but The Labyrinth's is wildly different. The difference between them is kind of bizarre, and after getting used to the clean isometric feel of the first two games it can be a bit unpleasant. But it's worth it, I swear!
(02-10-2013, 10:38 AM)Phish Wrote: »I'm thinking sabotage.

Thinking back on this...probably a bad idea
may cause a wee bit of drama Melonspa
Fuckin' brogue

Fuckin' Dars

Fuckin' fire
So, as it turns out I have a spare Minecraft key
Anybody want it?
ooh ooh me me me me me
Mmmmkaaaay
you owe me your soul now btw
You'll have to get it from XX first!
Gwuuuuuur.

Another reason to hate dars in Brogue: Priestesses cast negation. I had a shitwrecking team of two ogres (one that was a flying centipede, another that was immune to fire) and two unicorns (one that could shoot lightning, both casting healing and protection).

I didn't actually lose, but I lost my game to battery blip which is arguably even worse.
Okay, there is a minor bug with the latest FTB:Direwolf version if you use optifine (which you should, double FPS? yes please!)

Heres how to fix it
SpoilerShow
I got to play the Simcity 5 beta and I like it! It's a lot easier than the previous entries, but I've never been good at them so this is a nice change.
okay! the update is out!
The server is up and running.
just need your names so I can whitelist you all :3

I'll post the IP when everything is ready

Alright Dudebros
192.69.207.13:25565
yespad
I was not expecting that
i think i accidentally registered nopad and then forgot the login info
Satan bless it, yespad!
I got myself a WiiU. Anyone else got themselves a WiiU?
i think it's agenarchi? or append the @gmail.com at the end?

phiiiish
I've got myself a Wii U! Nintendoland's multiplayer was the most fun I've had playing with humans locally in a long time. That being said, I come from a family of 6, so it's not hard to find willing participants (on holidays). I want to buy more games, but I'm trying to space out purchases enough so that it seems like there isn't a this huge lack of substantial titles, what with all the delays and inaccurate release projections.

Miiverse is pretty cool, I enjoy posting on it and reading other people's thoughts and looking at drawings. It could use more general communities like the new Zelda one though (assuming they didn't add any others, I haven't checked since before the Nintendo Direct).