We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
Yeah no I've heard enough horror stories about the AI, not to mention I can't /actually/ kill the Core Crew without wasting too many missiles. Taking out the weapons is a piece of cake, which because of my investment in shields+engine makes avoiding damage a piece of cake. Last time I bought up all the Drone Parts I could because I had a Hull Repair schematic, which made surviving a cakewalk. Stealth put me in a nice stalemate with the Drone waves on Stage 2 as well.

My beef is the damn ship flew off on Stage 1 after I'd had a serendipitous volley of fire, knocked out the medbay, and killed the dude in the cockpit after killing the four weapons guys. Raaaaage It still had at least half health because I'd specifically taken a non-damaging approach (Ion, special bombs, and other stuff which knocks out systems and crew without compromising the hull).
Hmmmm...maybe it flies off when it's taken a specific amount of damage.
/me will look at the code
SpoilerShow

Flagship?

More like, LAMEship.

Meloncooly
We talk about FTL and FTL strategy.
WELL YA KNOW WHAT LANKIE SOME OF US AREN'T AS LUCKY TO GET AS GOOD A BUILD AS YOU >:C
I... I have never seen something so beautiful
Oh, that reminds me: never underestimate O2 upgrades. If you have a breach, you can open up rooms to spread out and slow the O2 loss to the affected room, and a higher O2 level will slow the drain further. Also recommended: upgrade your Doors ASAP. It's relatively cheap, and it'll prevent fires from spreading.
Thanks to this frigging cold, I've now unlocked all but one of the ships. All I need now is the series of exceedingly unlikely events that lead to the last one and I'll have them all.

In the meantime, I want to unlock the B-type of each ship. I've only got the B's for two of them, so that'll be a nice goal to go for.
(01-18-2013, 11:53 PM)Pinary Wrote: »Thanks to this frigging cold, I've now unlocked all but one of the ships. All I need now is the series of exceedingly unlikely events that lead to the last one and I'll have them all.

In the meantime, I want to unlock the B-type of each ship. I've only got the B's for two of them, so that'll be a nice goal to go for.

Ahaha holy shit Mantis B. Pre-installed Crew Teleporter with /four/ slots. I really /really/ want to get four mantises and an on-board crew of Rocks, Engi, and Zoltans and just see how much shit they can wreck.
SLUG EVENT GODDAMMIT I DIDN'T CRUISE ALL OVER THE SLUG HOME NEBULA TO HAVE YOU GIVE ME 'A MEAGER AMOUNT OF SCRAP' >:C
WARGLEBLARGLE

Enough with the feature creep Starbound!

Just...okay
I know it's awesome
But I want to plaaaaaaay
Yessss first victory! (On easy but w/evs man)

Remember how I said Basilisk (Mantis B) would be way too much fun if I managed to pull of Quadruple Mantis?

I got Quadruple Mantis. It was as carnage-tastic as I imagined. Home crew of two Rocks and two Engi kept everything running beautifully while my boarding crew+occasional boarding drone ruined everything. Weapons were pretty lucky, too - the one-power systems bomb, plus the five-shot laser and a glaive beam just for shits and gigs. Hull Repair just meant it was an easy (if kind of staid) drift to victory.

Unlocked the Zoltan ship on that run, too. Happiness.
RE: We chat about FTL and FTL strategy.
This is now the FTL thread (i'm assuming you're still talking about that)

How come you guys talk about cool strategy games and play together but none of you play Dota 2 except for Jacquerel :(

I need more cool people to play it with.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
If you would like me to do a merging-out of FTL-pertaining posts into a fresh thread, I'd be happy to do that?

I omnivorously hop from strategy game to strategy game anyway so will probably be talking about a different one at esoteric length in a month or two's time.
Just played and made it up to stage 3 of the boss in a kestrel with two burst lasers, the starter missile launcher, and a fire beam. I have never micro'd so hard in my life.

taptap ... taptap ... taptap
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I don't mind the FTL talk at all, it's the vidja thread. I just changed the title for shits and giggles.
I have been known to play DotA 2 on occasion.
I prefer LoL, just because I actually know what I'm doing in that.
I could play DotA 2 if I had a windows machine.

I swear it had a Mac build when I got it.
(01-20-2013, 10:19 PM)Ed Wrote: »This is now the FTL thread (i'm assuming you're still talking about that)

How come you guys talk about cool strategy games and play together but none of you play Dota 2 except for Jacquerel :(

I need more cool people to play it with.

I would play dota with you, But I'm still in the "has no idea how to play properly" phase

Soon, soon I shall crawl my way out of the cesspit that is easyy bot-games.

Then get promptly curbstomped back into it
If you were arranging some kind of dota 2 thingy I would probably join in (I mean you mentioned me :V) except I will be in deadline hell until February the 14th so it'd have to be after that (which is like a month's time)

I barely play it except with my house mate because I am petrified of solo queue, it is a cool game but very time consuming and takes a lot of concentration
That'd be cool, remind me when you escape deadline hell so we can play a bunch.

This is the best guide to get familiar with the game.

In all seriousness though, we can play some bot matches if you want Phish, maybe i can teach you a thing or two. I'll invite you if i see you online.

By the way if anyone wants a beta key just tell me, i have keys up the ass.
auhhhh...
every so often i get pretty tempted to bust out this one goofy gamecube game i have,
but i don't just because of the voice acting...

also it was essentially a golf game
but i remember it being Really Fun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbit_King

actually i get tempted to play pretty much my whole gamecube library a lot
i should replay chibi robo
i should try to beat metroid prime for once
i should... actually i'm not sure i liked ty the whatever tiger with an australian accent that much
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
That game is so like you, it looks like something you'd design. All those cute little cartoony characters and that lighthearted-but-epic story.

I went to a local blockbuster (we still have those!) the other day and saw Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon XD and RE4 but i didn't bring any money so i bought a copy of Shark Tale for 19 pesos (about 1.50dlls). We went back the next weekend but they didn't have gamecube games anymore :(

I want to give Metroid Prime one more chance because i want to be 100% sure it's not worth my time.
The Cave is the new Double Fine game by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer (from Monkey Island and other stuff) available for Steam, XBLA and PSN. Also Wii U apparently?

Here is a video.

I really enjoyed this game and recommend it. I blathered on about it on tumblr before and you can read it if you want.
I had no idea that was out already! I'll have to get it. I've been a Double Fine fan ever since Psychonauts.
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]