We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
They're pretty good!
110 shine sprites on super mario sunshine
fuck where are the last ten
Uh oh.
Have you got/turned in all the blue coins?
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
i looked it up and um, i have like 50 blue coins to find
uhhhhh ohhhhh
that's 5 shines right there
good luck finding them all, i suggest maybe watching a LP and following along once you've gotten stuck

dunno about the other 5 shines though. maybe you've missed some hundred coin missions, or gold birds?
oh by 50 i meant 90 or whatever; the rest of my shines are of blue coins
wow great
yeah you got a chore ahead of you either way
oh hey there's a new pokemon
they ran out of colors so now they're using letters
Heres hoping it isn't another Fire/fighting starter!
It actually looks like it might be worth checking out unlike Black & White. Here's the trailer btw.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
But I loved Black and White ; -;
It was too similar to diamond and pearl and brought nothing remotely interesting to the game, even for pokemon. The 2-3 frame animations were mostly terrible imo and while some of the new pokemen were alright it just wasn't enough to keep my interest. It's the only generation of pokemun that i didn't buy.

This one looks like it might at the very least look different.
I thought the animated sprites made the battle screens look much more alive and their idea to create a region composed entirely of new Pokemon made the singleplayer experience feel far more fresh and exciting, as while you might miss old favourites it meant that a similar air of mystery to the first games could make a return.
It added a lot of quality of life features like reusable TMs that should have been in from the start and reduced the ridiculous HM requirement from DP back to a manageable level (although still not the "zero, you just need to have the items in your bag" I would have preferred). It was possibly the first one that had a story worth listening to outside of the Colleseum games and also (a large plus point for me!) they finally made some bug pokemon that weren't complete ass for actually playing with.
This is in stark comparison to Diamond and Pearl which I easily felt were the weakest of the whole series, requiring you to devote at least two sections of your party to pokemon with moves you wouldn't even want to use, an ignorable storyline and just generally sluggish progression and gameplay.

That comment about pokemon selection alone was a huge part of the charm and I'm slightly sad that they don't seem to be continuing it for XY, as the 3DS is still compatible with DS games they wouldn't have had to worry about old-gen pokemon being hard to obtain because they purposefully seeded the last two DS ones with ones from every other game.
This argument is convincing to me.
Though I don't have any plans to obtain new Pokemon games for myself in the near future, Black/White or otherwise. I still haven't even beaten Diamond.
Personally, I've kind of grown jaded and sad when it comes to Pokemon. My own innate inability to let myself progress without having ground out at least ten levels higher than everyone else around has kind of stopped my progress short on all my games.
That's a fair argument, Jacq. D/P's campaign was specially weak, but B/W didn't make anything different from D/P aside from fixing those problems you pointed out. Also, i was talking about the competitive aspect as well which is what i am more interested in. It wasn't bad i guess, they added a lot of strong pokemon and items but still, no real change. I wasn't clear about that in the slightest, so i apologize.

About the animated sprites, i guess it's a matter of preference. Of course it made it look more alive, but they weren't really good at all, the re-scaled sprites looked terrible and clunky. I guess i just have really high standards for that sort of thing?
Ok backtracking a page but fuck yes FTL. I've had a couple of runthroughs and made it to the final sector just last match.

Goddamnit I need to learn how to coordinate a boarding crew with simultaneous fire. I keep losing dynamic duos of Mantis+Rocks to ships as they blow up. ;_;
(01-13-2013, 11:51 PM)Schazer Wrote: »Ok backtracking a page but fuck yes FTL. I've had a couple of runthroughs and made it to the final sector just last match.

Goddamnit I need to learn how to coordinate a boarding crew with simultaneous fire. I keep losing dynamic duos of Mantis+Rocks to ships as they blow up. ;_;

Bio beams are the most amazing things. But really, if I get a good boarding crew, I like to quickly invest in some bombs, because if I can get better at killing the crew without the ship, that's more scrap and supplies for me in the end than 'sploing it up. ...doesn't help against the flagship at all but if I've been getting enough supplies before then, I might have decked myself out with other suitable weapons anyways.
[Image: frig.png]

Stalemate.
My main FTL tactic is go with the Osprey and max out the artillery beam ASAP. At some point also picking up drone control with a defense drone, it's a friggin' life saver with the flagship's triple missile launcher and boarding drone spam. I only really get teleporter if I get an excess of Mantis crew members.
This sounds like the most confusing game in history to someone who hasn't played it!
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Ok tips please for the Flagship.

My preferred build is having a Double Mantis boarding party, who are of course viciously efficient at taking out the weapons systems in the first bout, and can usually chew up a crew member or two in the main craft by focussing fire on shields and/or the medbay while they wreak havoc. (Also good to know: If your boarding party lands in the cockpit, after they warp out and the team runs to the medbay the Flagship has evasion of zero. Still haven't capitalised on this because:)

What I need to know is the conditions for "winning" Round 1 and having the ship warp away, because that's how I lost my boarding party.
Tips for the flagship?
Don't kill all the enemy crew members
Seriously don't kill all the enemy crew members. If you do, the auto-ship AI takes over which means weapons can be repaired which means bad.

Conditions for winning round 1 is bring their hull to zero.

I've never been able to hold out against the whole crew at once; I always teleport my boarding crew into the (isolated) weapons systems to take them out. They won't use their teleport until the last stage, so really it's just a matter of once their weapons are out to throw everything you've got at them.

Woffie you should!
Cloaking helps immensely. You could take defense drones and healing drones, but maxed engines plus cloaking is my preferred method of dealing with Phase 2 with minimal damage.

Since the primary weapon arrays are self-contained, killing the operators will prevent repair. They repair but don't re-man each phase. Deal with the missiles, then the ions, then the blasters, then the lasers. Without weapons, the ship's much easier to beat.