The Shop

The Shop
RE: The Shop
>Retract wings, extend arms and climb out of chains.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Quote:>"no" break the laws of physics, float away into the unkown

You attempt to break the laws of physics, but both the chains around you as well as the chains of this odd reality keep you in place.

Quote:>Now I'm not saying I do, but I will say I'm far too macho to just say so in the hypothetical scenario that I do.
Quote:>Ask Asche to free the screaming poster first and chide him for putting it in there in the first place.

Asche:
"You know, you're lucky that you're the only one here I can talk to."

[Image: 181.png?dl=0]

You hear a screeching grind, followed by a sudden silence.

Quote:>Retract wings, extend arms and climb out of chains.

[Image: 182.png?dl=0]
[Image: 183.png?dl=0]

Asche:
"...Well, good job overall. Ready to head back?"
> Let's not make more of a mess, let's go
>*doot* Actually, you mentioned someone special in your life. I am intrigued, tell me more about this real person.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Yes, let's invade his privacy
>"who's your baby mama, homeboy"
SpoilerShow
>Don't answer at first. Stand there in complete awkward silenced for a solid fifteen minutes before finally wheeling towards the exit while saying "yes".

>Check to make sure we have our winged shadow beast son before we leave.
Quote:>*doot* Actually, you mentioned someone special in your life. I am intrigued, tell me more about this real person.
Quote:>"who's your baby mama, homeboy"

[Image: 184.png?dl=0]

Asche:
"What's this now? Don't tell me you got insecure knowing there's someone else out there?

Ohohoho, fear not, I'm sure that someday you'll find someone just as special."

Quote:>Check to make sure we have our winged shadow beast son before we leave.

[Image: 185.png?dl=0]

Frank pops out of your inventory, reassuring you that it's still there.

Quote:> Let's not make more of a mess, let's go

Asche:
"Oh hey, before you go, I have a proposal I'd like you to hear.
These jobs are ludicrous if not dangerous, don't you think?
I mean, if it wasn't for that thing up front, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place."

[Image: 186.png?dl=0]

"So, what say we do a little mutiny? Take over the shop, so to speak.

What do you say?"
>What, a traitor? Raise the alarm, report the dissident immediately! Our loyalty to the Shopkeep is unbreakable. Arrest Asche and turn him in at once. GLORY BE THE SHOP!
Waitwaitwait.
Asche, what are YOU doing here?
Are you... like, dead or something?
DID YOU SURRENDER YOUR SOUL TOO?
>FUCK YEAH MUTINY
SpoilerShow
>I think that is a bad idea. Bad idea Asche. It's no good.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
>As partial as you are to acts of rebellion, you kinda value your continued existence, and she owns your soul, she could probably do real bad stuff to it.
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
>Sooo, We're just gonna pretend you didn't say that.
>We uh. Kinda owe the shopkeep everything right now.
>Literally, including these Saxophones capable of dark world ending magic. That they just gave us.
>Sooo maybe think some more about if that's really a good idea, y'know?
Nah, Shopkeep is Cool. Gave us all these Saxophones and Looting Rights to where ever we go. Honestly, we haven't really run into anything that's been all that much of a bother, to tell the truth. Actually, speaking of Looting Rights, We Need That Magic Book. QUICKLY, DIG THROUGH THE NEATLY ORGANISED PILES TO RETRIEVE BOOK OF SPELLS
Quote:Waitwaitwait.
Asche, what are YOU doing here?
Are you... like, dead or something?
DID YOU SURRENDER YOUR SOUL TOO?

[Image: 188.png?dl=0]
Asche:
"I have my reasons. Let's just leave it at that."

Quote:Nah, Shopkeep is Cool. Gave us all these Saxophones and Looting Rights to where ever we go. Honestly, we haven't really run into anything that's been all that much of a bother, to tell the truth. Actually, speaking of Looting Rights, We Need That Magic Book. QUICKLY, DIG THROUGH THE NEATLY ORGANISED PILES TO RETRIEVE BOOK OF SPELLS

You scan the organized shelves, eventually finding the one with the familiar binding.

CHAINED Conjuring for Beginners Vol. 3 has been added to your inventory.

Quote:>Sooo, We're just gonna pretend you didn't say that.
>We uh. Kinda owe the shopkeep everything right now.
>Literally, including these Saxophones capable of dark world ending magic. That they just gave us.
>Sooo maybe think some more about if that's really a good idea, y'know?
Quote:>I think that is a bad idea. Bad idea Asche. It's no good.
Quote:>As partial as you are to acts of rebellion, you kinda value your continued existence, and she owns your soul, she could probably do real bad stuff to it.
Quote:>What, a traitor? Raise the alarm, report the dissident immediately! Our loyalty to the Shopkeep is unbreakable. Arrest Asche and turn him in at once. GLORY BE THE SHOP!

[Image: 188.png?dl=0]-
Asche:
"...That's too bad."

[Image: 189.png?dl=0]

Pain suddenly jolts through you like a surge of electricity. The world starts to spin. If you could vomit you probably would. In fact, you think you somehow did. The world continues to spiral around you and you soon realize that it's not the world that's fading but your consciousness. The last thing you see is Asche's feet walking towards you. The last thing you hear is Frank crying for its fallen master.

[Image: 187.png?dl=0]

???
"Casey? Earth to Casey! Are you there?"

(A/N)
SpoilerShow
>Nope. Not here. And neither will you be once you understand how grumpy I get without my beauty sleep.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
>Casey is building canals on Mars. Please leave a message after the doot.
>they might take our lives, but they can't take our doot
>doot
>"no frick you"
SpoilerShow
"That you, Mom? Dad? Grandma? My Dog? That exact list of people, in that exact order, being the only people i know enough to allow them to awaken me from the ELDRITCH SLUUUMMBEEER?"
>"Some Nights I stay up, Cashing in my Bad luck. Some Nights, I call it a Draw"
Just read all of this, it's great. Perfect blend of slapstick and fairytale horrors.

Be Frank.
Quote:>Nope. Not here. And neither will you be once you understand how grumpy I get without my beauty sleep.

???
"Trust me, no amount of sleep is going to fix that face of yours."

Quote:>"no frick you"

???
"Really?"

Quote:>Casey is building canals on Mars. Please leave a message after the doot.

???
"Come on Casey, it's past noon already."

Quote:>doot

???
"UP."

Quote:"That you, Mom? Dad? Grandma? My Dog? That exact list of people, in that exact order, being the only people i know enough to allow them to awaken me from the ELDRITCH SLUUUMMBEEER?"

???
"Ok, you know what? I'll just wait outside. Come out whenever you feel like joining the light of the living."

Quote:>"Some Nights I stay up, Cashing in my Bad luck. Some Nights, I call it a Draw"

You hear the clack of a shutting door.

After further deliberation, you decide to open your eyes.

[Image: 190.png?dl=0]

An empty ceiling greets you.
A familiar bed is under you.
This is... the same motel room you have been staying at for the last two days.

[Image: 191.png?dl=0]

You stare at the closed door. You had made a promise today.

...What was it again?

If nothing else, you should probably get ready.
7 AM gettin' up in the morning, gotta be fresh gotta go downstairs... our cereal is waiting for us. It's Friday, and don't we normally meet her on Fridays?