This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
I post once a month
And just like that, he left again. We'd knew he'd be back, same as always.
I lurk like a boss. I'll probably get around to being places and doing things eventually.
(11-09-2012, 02:08 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »Not much activity in the forum adventures section, is there?

Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam tiiiiiiiiime
I am told that saying to people that you will do things satisfies the same urges as actually doing them, meaning that if you say you will do something, you are less likely to actually do it.
So, beware saying "I am totally going to get back to X one of these days"! Don't say it, just do it!
Unless I am wrong about that, which is also possible.
But maintaining adventures is hard work, as I know from experience. I think the only way to do it is to just... do it. And delude yourself into thinking it is not hard work until it is too late and you have already done it. But talking about how you should be doing it, or why you aren't doing it, or that you'd like to do it but can't, just makes it harder.
I hope it doesn't sound like I'm scolding anyone or anything. It's late at night, I'm just posting what I'm thinking without filtering it too much. I mean, I'm not
really one to talk, I abandoned mine. And it's not like there's some weird obligation for people to do them.
But if you are going to, I think that's how.
Yes, I keep telling myself I'm going to study.

For said exaaaaaams.
oh my gosh this ADD thing is really getting on my nerves now.

The very fact that I am on here, despite the fact that I have a solid chunk of mission critical stuff to get done just sitting in another tab is evidence enough, but uuuugh.

It's like, I will get two sentences into something and then look up and WHAT THE WHAT it is an hour later and these youtube videos are just finishing up! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?
btp, this is the great and ferocious power of the internet that you face. It is futile to resist it. The only solution is to go and lock yourself in a steel box at the bottom of the sea. Only there is it possible to finally get some actual work done.
*glub blub*
/me knocks on btpbox

Someone order pizza?
So, this is about the sweetest thing ever and you should all go give them money:
https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/
Or just watch the video and drool for a while. (Will it live up to the expectations? Maybe, maybe not! But it sure looks promising!)
Man we need to get FESTIVE in here. It's already NOVEMBER. Where are the FIREWORKS?
Yea it's PRETTY GREAT and thanks to that comment I just remembered that I DONT HAVE IT INSTALLED ANYMORE because I got a new laptop Wheat could you magic it to me?
(11-13-2012, 02:07 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »So, this is about the sweetest thing ever and you should all go give them money:
https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/
Or just watch the video and drool for a while. (Will it live up to the expectations? Maybe, maybe not! But it sure looks promising!)

I juuuust realized that I think I actually found out about this from here:
https://eagle-time.org/showthread.php?ti...0#pid17240
Blankaloupe

Yay thank you wheat!

I am almost back into FULL WORKING ORDER wrt new computer and also maybe how sick I am?????
Why is there ever? >.-.<
you looked up videos of very hard things and context detection is difficult
Short interactive fiction piece.

Go play it. I enjoyed it.
ok yeah ok yeah ok
You'll probably meet excellent people no matter where you go. Pick the choices that make financial sense, and that'll give you more freedom to do excellent things with excellent people.

Talking from a big city, it's what you do in the city that lets you meet excellent people with similar interests. Otherwise you will find the city to be impolite, uncaring, but pleasingly straight-forward.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Don't let Tumblr know.
I fear the revelation would destroy them.
For once, something tumblr-pertaining that wasn't improved by missing e's.

Also what the butts was wrong with "crackoning" or "rearckoning", huh, Wheat
Haha, sorry for butting in Supes. I personally couldn't offer much advice because New Zealand is a weird place where the big cities are tiny by murrica standards.

Having said that one of my buddies from high school did move up to Auckland (population 1 million, largest city in New Zealand) to train as a bartender and have more of an opportunity to be his own gay self. (Christchurch's LGBT community took a pretty major hit following the earthquakes). From what I understand he's living off the student loan instead of working, so the situation is a bit different. He lives smack in the middle of town, but Auckland's transport network is pretty poor so I don't know how much fun living out in the 'burbs would be.

If public transport is safe and reliable from outside the city into town, then living on the outskirts'd probably be better. More important than any specific place, in my view, though, is probably establishing at least one contact there and making sure they're available to help you out with meeting other people and finding work and accommodation and actually knowing the city first-hand.
I don't know if it's a valid comparison but Monterrey's kind of a big deal here (population 1million+) and i wouldn't doubt for a moment moving further away from it (i live 20 minutes away from the center of the city). It's just so busy and full of buildings and people, i guess there are some cool places to visit but i wouldn't mind driving an extra hour every day to get some peace and quiet.

I haven't made any plans for the future but i'd like to move to a quiet town on the US, i know it's just as terrible but at least i wouldn't have to worry about having guns pointed at me or being scared of the police as often.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]