This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
As you well know, Supafreak, I too have been ill this season. Fever and everything!
Meanwhile, the sun's actually up at 7.30 on this side of the world, and daylight saving hasn't even kicked in yet! :gloat:

This is clearly important and relevant, if only because I am pretty much incapable of regularly waking up if it's still dark.
Schazer you really fucked up your image there.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who believed you to be a mythical demon who grows stronger by nightfall.
Dude, there's no point being a demon if nobody else is awake to terrorise/learn from/work for and earn Hell Lucre.
The fact that there's otherwise nobody around is exactly why I'm mostly nocturnal
I'm reading Supes' posts as if her avatar is narrating them in a very upset way.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
As do I, supes ;-; my sinuses will not take anything that is larger than a micrometer without freaking out -.-
If I had the chance I'd wear a giant floppy headdress thing like my original character Y'ntides has.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
I actually have a dress made of desires in my wardrobe
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Along with your freudian slip?
If i got a giant anime belt and a big-ass jeweled cross i could totes cosplay as the vampire hunter.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
It would have been so cool though.

Wait nevermind about the vampire hunter disguise, i cut my hair and it's all spiky and short now.

WAIT HOLD ON i could be the red guy from bee (is Cue 7 the name of the guy or the robot's?) if i had a red jacket, i've always wanted a red jacket and now i've got an incentive to buy one! I solemnly declare that i'm so getting a red jacket this autumn.

This is now the thread where we talk about getting stuff to cosplay as obscure fictional characters.

I wish I was a hat-maker. I'd make the best hats.
People NEED giant, striped, floppy headdress-type hats.
If I could even just make one for myself, I'd be happy.

In the meantime, I'll keep wearing a certain turtleneck sweater I have as a hat instead.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
My character design kind of sucks, because I have no artistic talent at introducing the sort of subtlety in faces or body types that are usually used as character signifying things. The most they ever get is a distinctive prop or article of clothing (see: Tom Smith's hat).

In other words, I can't draw.
I have too much of an asymmetry fetish
Same here, symmetry is so dull and boring!

I say the way to go is using distinctive shapes and simple designs. When there are limitations like 8-bit oversimplification make the characters stand out from one another, i.e. the opposite of Kirby games. Megaman does a good job with that, i don't think there's any megaman-shaped enemy except for the robot masters.

I don't think i've made any memorable character designs myself, but i'm really fond of Debbie's hair, it has a vaguely specific shape, it sort of morphs when seen from a different angle, but it's instantly recognizable, you can draw it "off-model" and it still works. See a girl with a blob of orange hair? that's Debbie.
Okay.
oh ed one of the hands you drew looks like udders sort of (a little) (barely) (not really but at a moment's glance)
That doesn't make it all bad though because udders are not bad and all the other hands look fine
Goddamn, today was a mixed bag.

Couple hours' work at uni. Find out a 20% assignment is due today. Haven't started. Deadline extended to Monday. Should be sussed. Still got loads of shit due this coming week; exams start in two weeks. Semester's worth of work research essay is due then. Barely started.

Got another summer scholarship. Employed full-time over the summer now. Is great.

After waiting a month and a half, finally hear back from Fairfax about whether my application for a journalism internship got through to the interview stage. It has not. I'm not disappointed or relieved, just glad I can quit waiting. Gotta get thinking about what I'm doing next year. Might still go to journalism schoo; might not.

On my break at work. 'nother hour and a half and I'm home again, can fix myself a proper dinner, and get on with these eleven billionish things I've got due.
oh no schazerrrr good luck with all your work!
Shit, son.

I biked across town last Saturday night after work to go hang out with Bitch Vanilla and pals, and didn't really see where I was going at night. He lives on the northeast edge of Christchurch's "central city", the bit that got cordoned off after the especially nasty quake on February 2011. They've been slowly shrinking that cordoned "red zone" as they tear down unsafe buildings - for someone like me who doesn't venture into town too often, each trip in yields new old familiar roads to tromp down. Most of them still don't have anything resembling the traffic they used to sport, so potholes and cracked paths and poor road markings notwithstanding it's a decent place to explore by bicycle.

[Image: IMG_20120922_084606.jpg]

This part of town I was pretty familiar with, and this had been my first opportunity to travel down this particular road. Weird to think I can pretty accurately remember when I last took a particular road (this one would've been January/February, 2011). The still-intact building on the left of the image is a former Post Office building; it survived the quakes and the old tenant (a boutique movie rental store) decided to stick around once the cordons finally retracted enough. They just finished building a thirty-eight seat theatre adjoining, and one of my favourite pre-quake cafes is moving from its former site across the street into the same building.

None of this really registered; I was more taking in the skyscape of cranes'n shit when I took in the view.

It wasn't until I thought to - y'know, just for morbid curiosity, I guess - look up Google Street View that it really hit me in the face.

I was staring across where my friends' apartment used to be. The windows (in this angle) on the top floor overlooking the lane? Theirs.

's frigging surreal.
Poplar lane was not pretty when the quake hit. I know the people who used to own Mitchelli's (one of the little cafes around the corner) and their top floor just crashed down into the first one, with people on both floors. .___. Everyone got out alive, but there were plenty of injuries.

I really hope your friend wasn't in the apartment at the time. :<
He was, 'smatter of fact :c He got out fine, but lost a fair bit of his stuff. Pretty shit year for him in a lot of respects.
Oh man, that really sucks. :<
Wait what.

Seriously what is it with you and *internet superstars*?