This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
Well, butts.

They want my office key back. I haven't actually done anything wrong, per se, other than being a darn lucky undergrad whose luck just got ousted by some postgrad newcomers.

On the bright side, I've got enough buddies in the department that I can still probably skulk around. Still, had a good run.
Wow, I'd already heard about a few of those, but a lot of this reads like some 15 year old's horrible Olympics/1984 crossover fanfiction.

Also one of the announcers during the opening ceremony just straight up said that "Cleaning up this part of the city" was a big reason why they wanted to have the games in London. Just wow, fuck you dude.

(Can't find a full video of it anywhere online yet so that quote's probably a bit off. It was immediately after that part where the old-timey British guys starting hammering the molten ring of fire in the giant scale model of London, but before all the rings flew up into the sky and exploded.)
SpoilerShow

Supplementary research:
[Image: 0080000125774.jpg]
If this was the real mascot I would have liked it a lot more
He's so adorable with that little hat

("You're being watched by the fuzz" is probably not the message they wanted to spread though, appropriate though it may be)
i don't

i don't even

What I want to know is how Beijing did better than this. Has the world changed so much in four years? What scares me is that the draconian actions of fearmongering and subsequent profiteering seems to be the only thing really spread on a global scale at the moment.
(07-28-2012, 03:50 AM)Coldblooded Wrote: »Wow, I'd already heard about a few of those, but a lot of this reads like some 15 year old's horrible Olympics/1984 crossover fanfiction.

If you want to imagine the future, visualize a Nike™ sneaker stomping on a human face, every two years, forever.

(this message sponsored by Nike™)
https://ethicsgirls.com/olympics/ Is all of this true? I mean pending them getting numbers a little wrong, but is that really the magnitude of cost?
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
[Image: MOv2t.gif]

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I have seen so many hunks in trunks trying to do dunks but I have to tell you, you guys are the best.
https://www.cartoonmovement.com/comic/41
Here's a thing that much more succinct than Wheat's Colorful Wall O' Text
Guys check out this new comic I found that's pretty good at Olympics

https://www.cartoonmovement.com/comic/41
I'm a little lost on what you're being sincere about.
https://g0m.tumblr.com/post/28581515831/olympics-2012
i think i've really made an impact
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
We don't seem to have a webcomic thread (please correct me if I'm wrong) so I'll just say here that Nimona is a super lovely webcomic and you should totally take a look at it. Its only flaw is that it hasn't yet built up a properly bingeworthy archive. And inconsistent character designs initially. But otherwise it's perfect.
Oh man i love this. Thanks whooosh!
It reminds me a lot of Kate Beaton's work! Looks really great so far.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
My favourite part is the boobed shark.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I'M A SHARK

There is not enough of this comic. I demand more.
Aaaaaugh I agree its lack of content to binge through is unfortunate.

Totally got this bookmarked, now.
Man and here I was thinking: I am running out of comics to read. I need to read a different comic so as to not catch up on comics I currently read. whoosh you have done an impeccable job of stimying my comic-lust.
Good call. Almost didn't believe it when I'd caught up. (didn't want to believe it)
Ahahahaha

This is the foyer area of my university's library, after it's been pissing down for the last two days.

[Image: 636716529.jpg?key=20481536]

Between my uploading and writing this here, someone else showed up and left their boots here. As if there was any doubt this was a university for farmer's boys.
I'm suddenly imagining a crowd of invisible people standing around with only their boots on.
(08-13-2012, 11:04 PM)AgentBlue Wrote: »I'm suddenly imagining a crowd of invisible people standing around with only their boots on.

So those brown boots in the back there, they belong to a dead guy?
They're all the same brand D: How do people tell them apart?
Smell.
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.