Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog

Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs+Changelog
RE: Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs
When I try to edit posts using the "Full Edit" option, I get this spacing issue:

SpoilerShow
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
You can only have two images in your signature. I was going to have little icons for each of my eagle time adventures and I have a surprising amount of them.
Hey, a view new posts option! When did that happen? Thank you O Great Pines!
So, a number of threads incorrectly have their Reply count set to be the same as their Post count, and when that number hits a multiple of 25 it makes the forum think there's a new page when there isn't. This is what leads to the occasional "the specified page does not exist" error.

I have checked every thread in General Chatter to see whether they have this problem or not. The results are in the following spoiler:

SpoilerShow

It seems that threads created after the move to MyBB are always fine, but it's inconsistent as to whether pre-existing threads have the discrepancy or not.

I'll check the other subforums shortly and post similar lists.
Here are the results for Forum Games:

SpoilerShow

And for the Eagle Time Forums subforum, seeing as it's such a small one:
SpoilerShow

Adventures subforum report to come soon, possibly tomorrow.
And finally, the Adventures subforum.

SpoilerShow
(12-26-2011, 04:26 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »There's no indication whatsoever when you received a new PM.

Aha, I knew someone already asked about this. It's something that would be kind of nice to have.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I know a big yellow bar appears at the top telling me I have a PM when I get one. Also I get an email.
Yeah, I found the notification options since posting that. Aesthetically I'd prefer having the PM tab be red like it was before the shift, but I don't know how feasible that is.
:OOOO

/me gasp
/me can use /me commaaaannndssss
/me eeeeeeeee
You know, I never really thought to ask this, but is there a way for there to be an indicator on a thread when a specific poster has made a post you haven't read yet?

Like how it changes when there is a new post period, maybe be a little different if that new post is by the person who started the thread?

It sounds like something that could be either quite simple or incredibly complicated depending on what you have control over software side. I don't know anything about that side though so I am free to ask potentially absurd questions.
https://www.sherv.net/gun-emoticons.html
add all these and the forum will improve. thanks
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
WOT says it gon mess you up.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
(03-22-2012, 04:38 AM)g0m Wrote: »https://www.sherv.net/gun-emoticons.html
add all these and the forum will improve. thanks

i just realized that my greatest fear is otherwise-traditional smileys with feet tacked on
Muppet alert! Wonk wonk wonk!

Pinary those search bots need to say belittling comments about this forum every time they update.

"well! At least they're all aboard the same friend-ship!"
"yeah! The titanic!"
"DOHOHOHOHOHO!"

"looks like the forum needs some down-time."
"let's hope it stays down!"
"DOHOHOHOHOHO!"

"They have eagle-time give aways now?"
"yeah, but no one wants to take it!"
"DOHOHOHOHOHO!"

"I love the transparent channels thread!"
"yeah! They should do that to the whole forum!"
"DOHOHOHOHOHO!"

"it says there are no posts on this page!"
"ah, my favorite page!"
"DOHOHOHOHOHO!"

"looks like some people want a subforum for selling things!"
"yeah! They'd make a killing."
"really, you'd give them money?"
"I'd pay anything just to get out of here!"
"DOHOHOHOHOHO!"

(okay, seriously? What did you expect from a post that started out with "Muppet Alert!"?)
Oh hey I have just enough network speed to check eagle-time whilst I hide in this linen closet.

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Looks like the forum properly displays four-digit post counts.
(05-06-2012, 07:50 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Looks like the forum properly displays four-digit post counts.

We haven't hit the Y2K yet so don't go to celebrating
Is it possible to implement a way to edit unread sent pms? Just wonderin'
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
You could send another pm that's titled :DON'T READ THAT ONE READ THIS ONE! and then the recipient will politely delete the first.
I use the same philosophy to protect my valuables from thieves
This still bothers me:
SpoilerShow

Edit:
SpoilerShow

Another question: do we have a spoiler button? I'm used to typing the tag in but I miss the "type-highlight-spoiler button" combo for taking care of larger blocks of text.
I just noticed that we have tag buttons for basically every kind of media besides regular image tags. Buttons for image and spoiler tags would both be really nice.
Going to preview/advanced in Astral Projects-in gives the option to add those ugly default Post Icons to your post; this feature's been disabled elsewhere.
The editing issue is a known issue.

I sadly know fuckall about how to fix these things and have thus deferred the issue to Pines, who will hopefully fix it at his earliest convenience.

E: As this edit indicates, Pines did fix it. All hail the cipher mandrill.
Getting more "No data received" pages when browsing the forums in Chrome. I'm not sure whether it's an issue on my end, but worth checking in here in case other people have been getting it.