Music

Poll: Your musical genre?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.23%
31 35.23%
No
21.59%
19 21.59%
All of the above
43.18%
38 43.18%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music
RE: Music
(10-26-2015, 01:44 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »I finished listening to all the Parliament and Funkadelic albums up to the dissolving in 1981. That means it's time for P-FUNK POWER RANKINGS:

4. Funkadelic — Free Your Mind... And Your Ass Will Follow (1970)
3. Parliament — Mothership Connection (1975)
2. Funkadelic — Maggot Brain (1971)
1. Parliament — Funkentelechy Vs. The Placebo Syndrome (1977)

A little surprised Motor Booty Affair didn't make the cut. Oh well :P

UNRELATED:
SpoilerShow
(10-28-2015, 01:36 AM)CSJ Wrote: »
(10-26-2015, 01:44 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »I finished listening to all the Parliament and Funkadelic albums up to the dissolving in 1981. That means it's time for P-FUNK POWER RANKINGS:

4. Funkadelic — Free Your Mind... And Your Ass Will Follow (1970)
3. Parliament — Mothership Connection (1975)
2. Funkadelic — Maggot Brain (1971)
1. Parliament — Funkentelechy Vs. The Placebo Syndrome (1977)

A little surprised Motor Booty Affair didn't make the cut. Oh well :P

UNRELATED:
SpoilerShow

Consider it #5, but it's in like a 3-, 4-way tie, which is why I didn't wanna go under #4.

edit: Actually maybe just a tie with Let's Take It To The Stage
SpoilerShow
i was listening to episode 84 of the history of philosophy (really dry, square stuff) which is about rhetoric in middle antiquity aristotelianism and the presenter began, on the thinnest of pretenses, slowly outlining this:

SpoilerShow

complete with a recitation of "in a battle like this you know you'd lose/ between you and me, who do you think they'll choose/ well if you think it's you i've got bad news/ 'cause when you hear your name you're gonna hear some boos." i'm not sure how i feel about that other than astonished

edit: in the previous episode he said the best james brown album was "in the jungle groove." a more-than acceptable answer, but to use a greatest-hits compilation both cheats the question and underlines the folly of james brown albums

edit 2: fwiw, "love power peace"
the trilogy

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I keep mishearing "Eagle Front Page"
SpoilerShow

I got linked this by some peeps. I was endeared.
time 4 me to contribute to this thread
i got this album last month, it's good

SpoilerShow
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
SpoilerShow

i love how this song is "feat. method man" but not only does he not do a verse, not only is he making a chorus-only appearance, but he is making a chorus-only appearance entirely via sample of a song method man was on
this hasn't been posted before (?) so here we go. found out about this via a toby interview.

SpoilerShow

the rest of their stuff's pretty good, I may have to surf deeper.
SpoilerShow
who flipped it better

SpoilerShow
(12-14-2015, 07:05 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »i love how this song is "feat. method man" but not only does he not do a verse, not only is he making a chorus-only appearance, but he is making a chorus-only appearance entirely via sample of a song method man was on
Compare/contrast busta's contribution on this track:
SpoilerShow

also, this is happening atm; get on it yo
https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/15
SpoilerShow
-3-

SpoilerShow
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
SpoilerShow

diggin' in the crates
You must be registered to view this content.
SpoilerShow

i've had this song unavailable and stuck in my head for a long time. it's a jam
SpoilerShow
Ayers, Masters At Work and Jody Watley on the one track.

What you'd expect.
I highly encourage you to listen to the entire "The Race for Space" album by public service broadcasting. They do a great job of putting the key events of the space race to music. The one below is the high point of the album, where you hear mission control prepare and execute the landing on the moon.
SpoilerShow
in honor of my 1,977th post, i am giving to you all my 1977 playlist. 1977 is one of my favorite years in music, quality- and history-wise, and of the playlists i've made this is my favorite i think. (well, maybe it's a little obvious.)

SpoilerShow
I have no idea if either of these have been posted here yet because I'm still making my way through the backlog but here

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
DuckreportDrudgerepond
Has Wintergaten's marble machine been posted yet? Because it's still the most whimsical thing I've witnessed