We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
pala, basically the neutral ending changes what happens to the characters After The End based on specific actions you take, but is overall the same result.

i.e. Character one is the only person who died, compared to Everyone but Character One died

anything more specific is spoilers tbh
There are essentially three endings in undertale, two for committing entirely to the paths of "killing everyone" and "sparing everyone", and one for hitting somewhere between that (it can be hard to spare everyone the first time round!).
The bit that I imagine Solaris is referencing is that post the "middle" ending, you get a phone call from a character who will always survive the ending, who gives you a kind of epilogue of "what happened after the conclusion", which changes based on what you did previously.

It isn't much, but I agree with Solaris in that even just a very short monologue about what happened to all the other characters after you got your conclusion is all you need to make prior choices before the "pick your red, green, or blue ending" final decision seem less pointless.

Of course this wouldn't work in Life is Strange, given that you get to either pick to save your romantic partner and let everyone else die, meaning there is nobody to monologue about, or save literally everyone else by undoing all of your previous choices, meaning that they actually were meaningless. Oops!
Im actually annoyed that you managed to explain it that succintly without spoilers when I couldn't think of a way to do so
So sort of like Fallout epilogues or what?

(Also thanks for no spoilers, though those usually don't ruin games for me I'm probably going to play Undertale myself at some point in time.)
(10-28-2015, 02:52 AM)GenetiXientist Wrote: »I'd assume they're idiots instead of bigots, or they wouldn't have put the relationship in there in the first place, you know?

Like, broseph, that's kind of the point. Flagrant, hateful bigotry isn't the only manifestation of prejudices, preconceptions, and stereotypes. Also damaging and much harder to combat are the ways those things affect people's beliefs and how they treat other people, and it's entirely possible to perpetuate negativity while trying to be positive if you're not thinking critically about it. When the vast majority of literature about gay characters (especially women) produced by straight creators (especially men) has their relationships be "tragic" or "forbidden" or otherwise inferior to straight relationships or options, there's a problem; when those stories go on to portray or imply lesbians in general as selfish and desperate, there's a serious problem.

Issues with media aren't always (or even, in my estimation, usually) created intentionally. Those issues are usually reflections of the dangerous habits and beliefs society as a whole has on the creators and need to be addressed in that context rather than whether someone intended harm or not.
(10-28-2015, 01:44 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »So sort of like Fallout epilogues or what?

(Also thanks for no spoilers, though those usually don't ruin games for me I'm probably going to play Undertale myself at some point in time.)

sort of like fallout epilogues, yea.
Sooo... Rebel Galaxy.

I got put onto this game by some friends, who are now in that weird zone of alternating in between 'you are my best friend now' and 'how could you do this to me I haven't slept in days'.

It's one of those games where if space sim is your thing, it's definitely your thing. This game takes some of the best traits of the genre and executes them flawlessly. I'm actually reminded a lot of Flatspace - many of the conventions and controls are the same.

I'll look back on this when I'm definitively sick of it and smile wistfully for my past self who was happy for a moment.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/329790/

Krosmaster Arena: Take the characters from the Wakfu universe and make a Grand Battle out of it. Seems legit.
(11-10-2015, 03:25 AM)Granolaman Wrote: »https://store.steampowered.com/app/329790/

Krosmaster Arena: Take the characters from the Wakfu universe and make a Grand Battle out of it. Seems legit.

Oh good, now I don't have to buy actual physical figurines to gives this game a try. Every time I go to the game store I see the actual version of this game (and extra characters for it) for sale and wonder a bit about it and now i WONDER NO LONGER

seems alright, probably won't ever get the real version knowing that i can just get a lot more characters for free this way. Kinda game I'd probably enjoy playing with friends irl but it'd probably be way too much of a price committment from any side
I know I'm a degenerate trash person, but I am so 400% on board with League's newest champ's design.

she big
You garbage infidel how dare you praise League, i raised you to be a Dota masterrace next level gamer!

Ben do u want to play custom games or somethin, overthrow is fun
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
i love final fantasy 14 im at the current end of final fantasy 14 and the only things im not allowed to do because my gear isnt good enough for them is the two hardest things in the game
In the game Conquest of Elysium, dwarves are social animals akin to ants and bees, wherein a queen lays eggs from which pop dwarven workers, beards and all. In game mechanics, instead of recruiting basic troops the way other nations do, you equip your dwarven workers with armor and weapons or, in a pinch, send out your workers to soak up arrows for you. Their mages, called Runesmiths, also are responsible for producing the elite dwarf units by enchanting their armor and weapons with elemental aspects (so you get flaming crossbows, stunning axes, and cold ballistae or what have you). Dwarven expansion is almost exclusively focused on mines, both because they produce the iron and gems that dwarves care about and because in larger mines, a special unit called a Councillor can found a new colony by placing a dwarf queen egg.

The game, in general, isn't that great and I wouldn't recommend it, but this particular race was pretty interesting and different.
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
[Image: L10RUg0.png]

two classes at 60 the two not fishing gatherers past fifty and a crafter at 50 and now i need to get the other crafters to fifty and get the gathers to sixty and get my other classes to sixty that arent ones i dont like
I'm thinking of picking up the Jackbox Party Pack since it's 50% off. Does anyone feel keen to play hilarious party games (+skype call/irc chats mebbe?) in the future? :O
I don't know if anybody here even has an XBox One but Destiny is doing a referral program, if you plan on getting Destiny on XBox One you should let me refer you and we can both get game stuff!
Okay! I picked up the first one, with Fibbage and Drawful and so on. We should play sometime, if I can work out screen sharing stuff!
There's an Free-to-Start Pokemon Picross game on 3DS!
that's a bummer but I'm not surprised. I got Picross recently and I've been enjoying it more than Shuffle, though the recharge rate seems a bit jarring.
i like picross and this game is oretty great, but I wish they had an "unlimited resources full game" single in-app purchase.

As it stands you need picrites to upgrade your energy gauge (1000 total spent and you get unlimited energy), but the same picrites are spent to unlock new areas and game modes (like Another Picross and also mega stone levels?)

The picrite currency can be purchased in an e-store - if you buy 5000 picrites total (I.e. Pay "full price" for the game) then your funds become unlimited and your only barrier to advancement is your lack of puzzle skill.
I am playing the amazingly fun game of seeing how far I can get without purchasing any Picrites. I think I made a mistake by being impatient and using my in-game-earned picrites to refill my energy meter so I could keep puzzling. Not sure if I'm going to be able to open Area 5 without paying.
This also made me look at the store and I found that Picross e6 has been released since last I looked, so I bought that.
Microtransactions, I continue to hold, are the devil.
I can kind of get why they made this free-to-play, even a "reasonable" retail price like 20 bucks or what have you (considering the amount of content in this game, more than reasonable) would've discouraged folks from dropping that much money at once on it.

Mechanics clarification:
SpoilerShow

Microtransactions do suck yeah, but by technically making the game completable without spending realbux (even if it means being stuck with a limited Energy bar, and having to resort to doing dailies for pocket change for a span until you've saved enough to unlock the next area), it'll appeal to some folks. For people who would've bought the game at "retail price", they can just buy the required Picrites to get unlimited in-game currency.

They definitely should've been more upfront about where practical free-to-play ends, because the prospect of unlimited Energy is definitely alluring enough that a lot of people dropped their Picrites on that and got stuck with the first five zones.

A "full price upfront" option in the store (i.e. the cost of 5,000 Picrites) would honestly be the best way to go?
Unrelated to Pokeross: I took my laptop into town last week to show a friend some games I want everyone in my vicinity to try out, booted up 80 Days, told them "it's interactive fiction based on that one book, but with tasteful quantities of steampunk", then went and got some stuff out of my car.

I come back and he's left Moscow, off on an experimental craft to reach the North Pole. By the time we had to fuck off to the JLPT test, Fogg almost died, we kissed a dude, and met some Communist lesbians.

This game is great.