This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stabs
(04-04-2012, 08:03 PM)Norivia Wrote: »
SpoilerShow
Niklas Jansson is wonderful, I found his site years ago because he did most of the graphics for Cortex Command but there's loads of good stuff on there
On the subject of creation and the passion for creation, I'd like to share David Morgan-Mar (the creator of Irregular Webcomic) and his talk on it:

https://irregularwebcomic.net/comic.php?current=3215

DMM does pretty awesome talks/annotations/speechies/lecture thingies. Most of them are about SCIENCE, but the rest of them are definitely also worth a look. As well as the actual webcomic too :3
Buhh

But I thought the Lorax was /against/ corporate exploitation ._.

Wheat, I'm fully expecting you to gradually replace all your posts with "Hi, I'm wheat how may I help you?" and "Working at Charley's is fun!"
[Image: xwldX.gif]
"without our customers, none of us would be here!"

Those types of statements really make you resent the person ordering your food.

Also I really want a sub now.
I was expecting one last exceptional at the end, but she switched it up and used great! What a twist!
Wheat have you ever been given a large size bill that a manager must check, not only for authenticity but to make sure you have the proper change for? Because we have to do that at Burger King. And that in and of itself is not a problem, I quite understand it.

But the customers, oh the customers. I normally don't have any problem with customers, even when they are rudelikes, but they all, ALL, ALL OF THEM, tell the same goddamn SAME GODDAMN DOGASAME JOKE when I have to do this.

"Heh, it should be good, I just made it last night"

I am in the process of making myself a sleeper agent assassin, with that line and its variations being my kill-phrase
50s are rare, its the 100s I see near daily

That's after ordering two sausage biscuits, which cost $1.08 when tax is included.
Are you sure it's not just a single guy wearing different costumes?

Somehow I am more comfortable with the possibility that it's just a dude trying to make you go insane with his repetitive jokes than a large subset of the population paying with $100 bills at a burger king.
Oh man there is a guy who I'm now convinced has some form of Alzheimers who is making me go insane with his repetitive jokes but that is a whole 'nother story

Alternatively, there could be an eccentric rich guy handing out $100 bills and telling people to buy something cheap at the Burger King and make that joke, then keep the change.
Its a pretty rural town, I think that a good few people do get their paychecks in actual paper checks and even actually get straight up cash

Plus this is some prime Meth Lab real estate, so I've probably touched drug money
Presenting Duke That Motherfucker, a righteous octopode lady who gives the middle tentacle to gender-specific honourifics.

[Image: MuRAt.jpg]
[Image: duke.png]
Aaaaaa she's so fuzzy <3
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
What, nobody says "Sure, but don't call me California" or something along those lines?
See now you've jinxed it and the first customer you talk to tomorrow morning is just gonna follow you around singing "California Gurls" all day long.
Back when I worked in fast food, whenever an order gets out particularly quickly and somebody comments on that, I would always say "Well that's why they call it fast food!" I don't know why they laugh. It isn't particularly funny, but they usually did so I kept saying it.

I may have died a little inside every time I said it but the only thing I had going for me was that I was good with customers so WHATEVER
AND WE EAT THAT?
D:

Why is the world so scary :c
I think that a part of it, is that after you learn about this, there is THAT FEAR FACTOR that WHAT IF THE BURGER THEY GAVE YOU IS SUPER OLD?
I mean, it looks almost exactly the same!
That is scary!

((That also probably won't stop me from eating fast food though :V ))
I tend to resort to just getting chips most of the time when I am dragged out of the house. I don't get why most restaurants only offer one vegetarian option when there are usually several for each variety of meat. D:< What makes it worse is that pine nuts are usually involved somehow, and I can't stand the things.

(For the record, I'm not a vegetarian. I'm just generally not fond of meat and tend to go for the vege option because i don't trust anyone to serve me something i won't be horrified by).
(04-11-2012, 12:31 PM)Plaid Wrote: »I don't get why most restaurants only offer one vegetarian option when there are usually several for each variety of meat. D:<

You're a minority.

E: i'm not justifying them, is just that the world in general tends to give the middle finger to minorities, you know.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
(04-11-2012, 12:20 PM)Solaris Wrote: »I think that a part of it, is that after you learn about this, there is THAT FEAR FACTOR that WHAT IF THE BURGER THEY GAVE YOU IS SUPER OLD?
I mean, it looks almost exactly the same!
That is scary!

((That also probably won't stop me from eating fast food though :V ))

Unless they specifically cook fresh as a policy (Like Hardees supposedly does) the burger you get is going to be in the back freezer at least 10 days before its even cooked

It will then stay in a PHU pan for as long as it takes to sell it. There's SUPPOSED to be some time limit (close to an hour at Burger King) to waste them but guess what doesn't happen
(04-11-2012, 02:02 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »People who eat meat don't have it at every meal.

You mean people don't usually put ham on their cereal?