Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
(01-17-2013, 05:00 AM)bigro Wrote: »
(01-17-2013, 04:32 AM)MrGuy Wrote: »Things are going swimmingly with the girlfriend, and I seem to be doing decently in my classes as well!

it's good.

too good

Be wary of sudden shitstorms young MrGuy

Like, don't be surprised when she turns out to be a werewolf or something.

That happens. Just to be safe, you should buy her something silver and see how she reacts.
Dude if she turned out to be a werewolf that would make me even happier because it would mean magic is real and shit

I've been waiting to break the masquerade since I was fucking five
(Dammit, he's on to us. Somebody get over there with the amnesia wand, fast.)
(01-17-2013, 06:59 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »(Dammit, he's on to us. Somebody get over there with the amnesia wand, fast.)

(I'm so sorry, Fogel, I forgot where I put it ;-;)

Guy! You need to tell us all the cheesy nothing's you tell her! Like "you make me believe in magic." And "I'd love you even if you turned into man-eating dog-monster at night."
I mentioned this as advice in the other emotive thread, but it fits better here.

So I joined a writing club the other day and it's great. There haven't been many people there so far, (Tuesday had three people other than me, today had two) but I've had a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to going back.

It's made me realize how long it's been since I just went somewhere, talked to people, and enjoyed myself. It feels good to do that again.
HOLY CRAP FOGEL IS COMING OUT OF HIS HERMIT SHELL CODE RED CODE RED
HappymelonHappymelonHappymelonHappymelonHappymelon
I don't live in the woods anymore, so that's pretty nice.
Also, hi!
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
o:

Welcome back! How was forest life?
Haha, not so bad. To clarify we were living in the woods for several years now. In a very small house. We were close enough to town to do our shopping and stuff there, not close enough that you could just... go somewhere, whenever. Also, the town was pretty small and there wasn't much of anything to do there anyway. It had its ups and downs, all told. It was super peaceful, you didn't have to worry about being robbed or anything, and most of the people that live fairly nearby were very nice, and you could see some really neat wildlife! On the other hand, the power went out a lot, hunting season was no fun at all, if it snowed you could be trapped for a couple of weeks, and you're far away from everything (having to drive nearly an hour to go to town and shop for groceries is no fun at all.) The job market in the nearby town was awful, too.

So I'm glad to be living in civilization, now. Although it's pretty bad that Ormond Beach manages to make me feel like a bumpkin, sometimes. Despite the fact that I used to live here.
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
Tomorrow will be six months since I last drank a soda

As a man who used to subsist on Mountain Dew knockoffs and with the horrid teeth to prove it, I am happy that I've managed a life of water and mealtime apple juice
I'm currently in that pleasant stage of illness where you don't feel completely miserable aside from the occasional cough or runny nose, but you still feel weak enough that lounging about, catching up on shows and games you've missed, seems completely acceptable.

Like, I'm gonna watch some netflicks, eat a bagel, and then take a nap. All part of the healing process. Meloncooly
Work for months, get perfect results.

Oh college. I know we don't talk often but I'm getting really kind of fond of you. <3
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
i just got payed £150 of real life money for a 30 second cartoon.

I...guess that makes me a legit animator now maybe?
YES IT DOES.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!

...and furthermore, I managed to cajole another Oxford college into giving him a second offer (it was a smaller college who were a tad undersubscribed this year, much to my good fortune) aaaaaand the two resits I took in January came back 98% and 94%, a damn sight better than I'd expected - so much better, in fact, that I can combine them with the best of the lot I screwed up horribly last year and, thanks to the module system, guarantee myself the top A* grade I need to meet the new offer.

So woohoo! Said weight off my shoulders is the reason why I've returned, pretty much. At last, I'm not having to post in the flipping shits and tables thread... I'll see people around...

(I sincerely apologise again for my disappearance, but you've heard such apologies before... that fact in itself probably warrants an apology but ho hum I can't have these things fractally nesting on me that would get ridiculous)
I'm getting paid after all! Other stuff is still awful, but maybe if this is going ok, the rest will start to brighten up too.

Also, welcome back Sruxian. Good to see things are turning around for you!
Beep Beep
I don't have to see my family for at least another two months.

/me breathes huge sigh of relief
Just learned that I get a single dorm next year

Pretty fucking stoked, given how pissed I've gotten at every tiny foible of my roommate (and also the fact that his friends are loud and some of them are kind of awful)
Ahhhh

My bank account is down to $9(!) and a bunch of my tumblr followers have signal boosted and/or commissioned me to help out :> And i managed to finally get through to studylink this morning, so i bit the bullet and applied for some extra to be added to my student loan so i actually have money now.

Money stress temporarily alleviated woo
Managed to get the internship I applied for, so I get to spend this summer doing protein biochemistry/cancer treatment work
it's like I'm almost actually maybe a legitimate scientist instead of a dorky college student who pretends to be one
Omiguh that's wonderful Sanzh quq You're LIVING THE DREAM. That's what I want to do in the future. Congrazzles!
I've been doing an internship for awhile but it's synthetic biology and more like playing around xD But it's really fun because they basically left me in charge of the project!
My roleplaying session two days ago got called ON. For yesterday! It was completely awesome and my players are awesome for all rescheduling on short notice to make it happen after all. No prompting from me, either, they just all went "yeah, let's do it!" and I went "woah, hey, okay, sweet! Let's!"
Finally!