Music

Poll: Your musical genre?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.23%
31 35.23%
No
21.59%
19 21.59%
All of the above
43.18%
38 43.18%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music
RE: Music
Gee, that was a really great MV. I guess those guys were really on fire that day, eh?

:3333
I love that one.

The first time you linked it i felt like i've heard it before, then i remembered this pretentious-ass cover from a local band.

(Kind of NSFW?)

SpoilerShow
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
SpoilerShow
I love me some heavy metal. Typically if it isn't metal with me then it's soundtracks.

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Beep Beep
SpoilerShow
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Neat.

I've been listening to and loving this Siriusmo person.

SpoilerShow
https://eagledeer.bandcamp.com

This is appropriately eagley.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Wheeeee Macklemore played in Christchurch last night for Canterbury University's Orientation (in an unusually graceful move, they let polytechnic and Lincoln University students get tickets as well). In testament to the fact he's obscenely popular, 500 sold-out tickets to the campus venue became 4000 tickets to the arena around the corner from where I live.

SpoilerShow

This seems like the appropriate thread to gripe about mosh pit etiquette, which the whiny little females in front of me clearly had no experience with (nor did they have experience with mosh pits in general.) Their solution to the several-thousand people crushing up against them to get to the front was to push back, or bitch about me and my clearly-nasty methods seeing as I'd shown up behind them "out of nowhere". Clearly, nobody else in the crowd shared out collective intent to be at the front, and my method's just shuffling forward half a step at a time as the crowd moves.

Fifteen minutes of elbows to the solar plexus and steady constriction of the chest left me liable to throw up my garlic bread on the whiny chick in front of me, so I gracefully bailed out the front and shuffled my way up once the set actually started.

Salient lessons to impart: Freshmen and (socio-politically statistically average) females are terrible things to have in a mosh pit, a problem exacerbated by performances involving a popular artist because the ratio of responsible moshers to inexperienced concertgoers is less favourable therein.

Dudes don't whine and whine and whine about being squashed or hot or in the same damn position as everyone else in the crowd. Guys will also look after people and not resort to pettiness like stepping on feet or drunkenly "apologising" while they attempt to shoehorn a whole conga line of laggards forward-wards. Dudes are also likelier to have gigs'd before, and know how to exercise basic courtesy to someone even while you're mixing sweat.

Awesome music, 6/10 crowd.
(02-21-2013, 03:45 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Guys will also look after people and not resort to pettiness like stepping on feet

Not true, I've broken pinkie toes before.
SpoilerShow
Related videos reveal this to be the Pocky theme song, Ed.
wah i want these musics
cute tunes
ahhh
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
(03-06-2013, 02:01 AM)KittenEater Wrote: »wah i want these musics
cute tunes
ahhh

Whoa
I'm okay with that.

Also, i know next to nothing about Earthbound.

SpoilerShow

Also also

(03-06-2013, 02:57 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Whoa

I support this amazed rainbow melon response.
Zabutom is pretty good
NO CLEAN GETAWAY
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
RaaaaageRaaaaageRaaaaageRaaaaageRaaaaageRaaaaageRaaaaageRaaaaageRaaaaageRaaaaageRaaaaage
I was expecting you to post this:
SpoilerShow
Major disappoint leaving kthxbai
SpoilerShow
Somebody somewhere came up with an idea some of you might be interested in.

It's for a MSPA Radio station thingy. Sounds like it'd mostly be independent from that forum, so perhaps some of y'all would give it a go?

jks, I posted this for Supes.

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Oh man time to lower the bar:

Here is what I've been blasting into my earspace:

Carried Away: Passion Pit
SpoilerShow

Quesadilla: Walk The Moon
SpoilerShow

These songs basically play constantly on the "Alt Rock" station on Sirius. I'm not one for genres but when a station has me consistently pulling up itunes, I don't care what you label it as.

Then, at the end of last semester, literally after school on the day before winter break, some student walks by my room blasting something through his phone. I stop him in the hallway - he a little nervous (possibly that I may take his noise-maker prior to the break) - and I ask, "hey, what song is that?"

It was this song:
Vancouver Beatdown: Zomboy
SpoilerShow

And the pandora station dedicated to this lead me to this artist, who is basically technoviolin.

Spontaneous Me: Lindsey Sterling
SpoilerShow

SUDDENLY BLUEGRASS:
Foggy Mountain Breakdown: Earl Scruggs
SpoilerShow

I once heard someone say that bluegrass was a "superior form of music", after listening to a few tracks by Mr. Scruggs, I figure their claim isn't completely unsubstantiated.

And then never has a song made me want to take a roadtrip more:
King of the Road: Rodger Miller
SpoilerShow
"I'm a man of means by no means" is probably one of my favorite lyrics, of all songs.

----

I was going to end this here but then SCHAZER had to go and make a reference so

Here it Goes Again: Ok Go
SpoilerShow

Do what you want: Ok Go
SpoilerShow
(03-11-2013, 11:10 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Um. Schazer said she'd go through this thread and spoiler all of the videos. Which she hasn't yet. But we should all do that from now own since it cuts down on page load times significantly. Please.

Quoted for truth mwahtermelon
You rule, Schaz.

Question: Are we going to need a different thread for viderogaims musics? 'Cause that's pretty much all i'll post here.

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

inb4 De La Soul.
I think I will post some “classical” music most times I post in this thread. I will try to keep it engaging for people who aren’t really into that by inserting some banter about it (even though I don’t have a formal education in it; there are probably some huge gaps in my knowledge), and by keeping things at radio-friendly lengths where possible. For instance, the below is only a movement, which does stand on its own but is usually taken as part of a whole and would rarely be performed without the preceding movements.

Ludwig van Beethoven, Op. 2, No. 1, Mvt. 4 “Prestissimo” (Sonata 1, 1795); Sviatoslav Richter interpreting in concert, Moscow, 1976.

SpoilerShow

Some small-minded commenters on YouTube criticize that he gets a few notes wrong; you may even catch them without knowing the piece. Never you mind that. That is a fundamental (albeit common) misunderstanding of how one enjoys classical music, now or historically. Rest assured that this is a fine performance from one of the finest pianists (himself usually a big fan of strict performances), and if Beethoven wanted anything but the most explosive pace possible, he wouldn’t have marked it that way.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea