Let's go vampire hunting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's go vampire hunting
RE: Let's go vampire hunting
Nope!

See, I, like our humble protagonist, am a man who acts first and reads later. I am told that their demonic ramblings are gibberish and I accept it as fact and move along. While I could study the runes before me, there is a much more interesting bone river just a few steps away, and a delicious hamburger joint down the road. I have no need to prattle with patrons as that task is left for more intellectual types. However, it is our humble duty as men of action to announce in simpler terms the discoveries we've found before us, for the benefit of all others who's impulse leans toward desisive adventuring.

If you are implying that you, dear Godbot, had noticed and recorded this pattern in advance and had done nothing to inform us fellow adventurers, then you have failed in your duties. Shame on you, dear Godbot, shame on you.

tl;dr
SpoilerShow
Hey, I tried to get him to put off going into the demonic burger joint until he could find a place that sold burgers, but my command wasn't used.
Wait, you already know how to read that? At first i thought the "symbols" were pretty obvious, but you guys acted like you didn't understand them.

Also, first time someone interprets the runes publicly and i realize i made a mistake (meant to write distressing instead of dissing).
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I can read some of the runes in older pictures with this newfound knowledge, but others I can't quite make out.

For instance, the sign above the one demon in the panel where he arrives is something I can't read; that probably lead to me not paying close attention to later runes, because I didn't catch a recognizable word in the first one I saw.
(05-09-2012, 08:57 PM)Ed Wrote: »Wait, you already know how to read that? At first i thought the "symbols" were pretty obvious, but you guys acted like you didn't understand them.

Also, first time someone interprets the runes publicly and i realize i made a mistake (meant to write distressing instead of dissing).

I thought that was the joke! Melonspa
I for one did the same as btp. Take it as gibberish. translating it is borderline outsiderknowledge. (also I just assumed it wasn't meant to be translatable)

> HUGS
oh hey they were words all along? I was unaware, chalk me up on that column
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
(05-09-2012, 09:17 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »For instance, the sign above the one demon in the panel where he arrives is something I can't read; that probably lead to me not paying close attention to later runes, because I didn't catch a recognizable word in the first one I saw.

Plumber

Anyway I've been ignoring them because it's more fun if we're as ignorant as the protagonist. Why use out of character knowledge when we can fail much more spectacularly without it?
Well, one point of interest is that the plumber and the rabbat are convinced that giving you directions will get them rich somehow. It might have something to do with people thinking you're a vampire.

https://eagle-time.org/showthread.php?ti...4#pid10964

Quote:You: Plumber
Plumber: Yep, that's what I am
You: Hungry! Poor...
Rabbat: Why do you even bother
Plumber: Dude, I told you, we'll [sic] rich if we help it!
Plumber: You can find burgers over there ... not easy blah blah blah
You are forgetting the most important translation:

Plumber Wrote:GO EAT A DICK
"I AM ONLY A VAMPIRE IF YOU WANT ME TO BE, ALSO I DID NOT REALIZE SHE WAS TAKEN I AM SORRY"

Then throw your burger at his face and run.
(05-09-2012, 10:33 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »C-can the waitress translate?

[Image: geGEz.png]

[Image: gjrAJ.png]

"C-can you translate?"

[Image: 9M1zG.png]

The waitress frowns and hesitates for a second.

"Please stop acting so weird, sir. You are distressing my girl."

(05-11-2012, 02:07 AM)MrGuy Wrote: »"I DID NOT REALIZE SHE WAS TAKEN I AM SORRY"

Then throw your burger at his face and run.

[Image: KRq5Q.png]

"O-oh okay" You respond while precariously reaching for the demonic burger you just ordered, you're gonna put it to good use.

"I did not realize you were taken."

[Image: 3kVOi.png]

AUGH FUCK IT BURNS

"She's talking about that girl over there."

[Image: mlSPz.png]

WHAA

[Image: TwEKc.png]

WHAAAAAA

SpoilerShow

> Throw your holy water onto the burger, creating a veil of steam to mask your escape
WHAAAAAAAAA
> ogle Ladytaur

> draw eyebrows and fangs on belly-face

> get pummeled

> be the waitress
> c'mon babe. let's blow this popsicle stand
> Grab hand. Ally-oop!
(Use your good hand)
Give her something arbitrary and tell her that it's crucial she deliver it to you at another location. SHE'LL KNOW WHERE TO GO.

Then run out, hide in a dumpster, wait for her to leave and then follow her.
PUNCH HIM IN THE GROIN. PUNCH GROIN FOR JUSTICE.
(05-12-2012, 02:26 PM)btp Wrote: »> ogle Ladytaur

[Image: vD137.png]

Dude, dang whatta taste.

[Image: Xm3uB.png]

Oh, oh-oh the minotaur doesn't seem to like your ogling

(05-12-2012, 02:26 PM)btp Wrote: »> draw eyebrows and fangs on belly-face

[Image: KGaSx.png]

Uh-oh you're losing in the intimidating scale by a whole lot, 's time to remedy that with some good ol' frown and fan-

(05-12-2012, 02:26 PM)btp Wrote: »> get pummeled

[Image: 0dkxG.png]

CRASH AUGH PUNCH WHOAH

(05-12-2012, 02:26 PM)btp Wrote: »> be the waitress

[Image: F69vC.png]

The narrative (still in second person) quickly switches to the waitress: You are shocked! This person is not a vampire by any means, you know there's some pretty eccentric ones but no vampire would ever allow someone of a lower class touch them, let alone punch them. This is very worrying! You gotta do something quick!

[Image: o33C0.png]

[Image: 7ipfr.png]

[Image: yi5fL.png]

[Image: jLkaN.png]

[Image: zzIJ1.png]

[Image: q8PTG.png]

"This way! quick!"

[Image: mqYPB.png]

"That was a close one, wasn't it?"

SpoilerShow
Bellymouth: Begin talking.
> Vampire Hunter: SLOPPY MAKEOUTS

Alternatively:
> Offer cyclops waitress a life of EXCITEMENT and TRAVEL instead of BORING WAITRESS STUFF.
Hire her on as a handy companion and demon gal-pal. Offer gold.
Waitress > activate pity/curiosity

Guy > thank her you dummy! assuming you're able to move/speak
>weep
(05-29-2012, 09:49 PM)TheBoyd Wrote: »>weep

> break down and admit you dropped out of adventuring school because it was too hard and you never told your dad and now you're trying to make him proud by pretending you got the undead hunting degree after all