Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)

Poll: Enter Double Overtime Mode?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes I have a need for speed.
73.33%
11 73.33%
No, too fast.
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D5 - Giveaway vs. Predator)
meh. Looks like I'll sit on my points, until Frozen Synapse or Garry's mod is out.
Oops..... maybe I shouldn't have said that.....
No matter what happens today, you can laugh about it tomorrow
Alright, so here are our top four games for this round:
SpoilerShow

First we have Fallout: New Vegas - with 186 points between three bidders (though technically really two unless Excalibur is lucky as shit). The winner is:
SpoilerShow

Second, we have Mark of the Ninja. Who will win - TehPilot, or perhaps TehPilot?
SpoilerShow

Third we have the most exciting matchup of the round - Scribblenauts. With 170 points being split between three bidders (none of whom were putting up only a single point) the winner ended up being:
SpoilerShow

Finally we have Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Much like Mark of the Ninja, it's come down to an exciting battle between Coldblooded and Coldblooded - who will win?
SpoilerShow

So, with 20 for and 2 against, it looks like we'll be heading into Double Overtime mode soon, but as I said I'm going to wait for a two-thirds majority before putting it up. That said, if we don't get many more votes by the end of the next round or two I'm going to declare everyone else neutral to the concept and we'll enter it with what votes we have (since 20 vs. 2 is a huge majority).

Now here are our remaining games and point totals:

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
(01-26-2015, 06:32 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Finally we have Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Much like Mark of the Ninja, it's come down to an exciting battle between Coldblooded and Coldblooded - who will win?
SpoilerShow

Curse you Coldblooded you lucky bastard, that game should have been mine. *Grumbles off into the sunset*

(Seriously though, how exactly did other Coldblooded manage to win with only a single point on the game? Pala's probably just playing favorites again.)
I have no idea what you're talking about *nervously coughs and hides wad of cash behind his back*.
I can't believe that Coldblooded would try and bribe you $8000 just to rig the votes for him. Why didn't he just use that money to buy the game himself?
Well, we all know that Coldblooded isn't the brightest individual, so to speak.
Too true, too true.
I have no idea what you people are on about, Blood Dragon is right there in the list with zero points on it.

This "Coldblooded" figure isn't real. He an apparition within your own psyche dpaul.
All in onto the moon!!!
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about Granolaman
(01-21-2015, 05:49 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »I am crushed

all in on interplanetary because meh

(01-23-2015, 06:34 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Everything on Interplanetary

(01-24-2015, 10:52 PM)AgentBlue Wrote: »I'm going to just keep shoving all my points onto Interplanetary.

GEE I WONDER WHAT I WILL DO
All the points on the King of Figjters plz
Warning: 24 hours remain.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Dumping my hunnerd points into Thomas Was Alone
If only there were 2 copies of Thomas Was Alone so that at least 2 people would have it and Thomas Was Alone isn't alone.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
What up proper 12 hour (well, 10 and a half hour I guess) warning this time.

Why would you do this to me Excalibur edition:
SpoilerShow
You must be registered to view this content.
It seems the sum of points for Thomas Was Alone is missing 25.
ONE HOUR REMAINS

SpoilerShow
1 point each on the top 4 games, maybe I'll use up my entire life's worth of luck
No matter what happens today, you can laugh about it tomorrow
Gonna rule that since I was over an hour late to update (sorry) I'll count all posts made until 1:30 EST (sorry wool, but I don't think you would have won).

So, our top four (Why Pagan, why Credit edition):
SpoilerShow

So this was an interesting round. Thomas Was Alone gained a huge following semi out of nowhere, and two treacherous last minute moves were played in an effort to ensure victory. We'll start with, as mentioned, Thomas Was Alone, which built up 301 points among 6 bidders. The winner ended up being:
SpoilerShow

Next up we get Faster Than Light at 201 points. Will Mecha_Goomba's dedication to the game pay off and win him his second game? Will ICan'tGiveCredit's daring last minute jump give him the edge he needs? Or will Excalibur pull off an unexpected win, laughing as the world burns?
SpoilerShow

Third we get Interplanetary with 195 points between two bidders. Again, there's a pretty decent chance someone will walk away with their second game here.
SpoilerShow

Finally we have 170 points between three on LIMBO. One player has over twice as many points on it than the other two, but things could still turn against them.
SpoilerShow

Congratulations to our winners! Also, if you've taken a look at the poll lately you'll notice we're at 26 for, 3 against. I think that pretty clearly means it's time for DOUBLE OVERTIME

[insert wild cheering here.]

In honour of stepping up the game like this, I'm going to give everyone 75 points just this once instead of the typical 50 you'll see because I'd rather deal with 50s and 100s than 25s and 75s I'm just that extreme a guy. Hope that's alright!

Games/Points list:
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D7 - Wes Craven's New Giveaway)
All 175 points in To The Moon!!
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D7 - Wes Craven's New Giveaway)
Everything on Interplane-

oh shit

Everything on Tropico 4 then