Music

Poll: Your musical genre?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
35.23%
31 35.23%
No
21.59%
19 21.59%
All of the above
43.18%
38 43.18%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Music
RE: Music
Wow Nog, does that first one have a sample of Bill Cosby?

"Send the first kid down"
Yep. "Buck, Buck".

E:

SpoilerShow
Beep Beep
Pandora picked this for me and all I could think of was Ix and Akumu strutting down the sidewalk and getting all the lady stares.

NPSH: Beard Lust:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
been listening to a fair amount of death grips lately they're real good
Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-20-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Please do not post your size for opinions. Thanks.
So I happened to be looking at styles of folk music, and stumbled across a style called "sacred harp" which is basically based off of an old hymnal that relied on "shape notes" or notes that when written on the page, were drawn in as one of four shapes, each representing one of four base sounds: "Fa, La, So, Mi".

The parts are divided into four sub parts based off your singing range, and the singers sit in little trapezoids that make up a larger square, with a conductor in the middle.

Every song has two parts: A "warmup", where the entire song is sung with just the base sounds. In the second part, the actual lyrics are sung.

I don't know much about folk music so it was interesting to find something that has such an simple but intriguing structure. It was apparently designed (or at least took root in) small communities that didn't have access to instruments (or quality singers). Its a song form that is set up for anyone to sing, regardless of your vocal quality.

The wiki on it has better info. It's a little piece of history that sounded neat to me.

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
SpoilerShow
Supe! Can you please recommend me some more similar stuff? I'd like to appreciate more nice basslines.
Yesssss, soup dump.
Yaaaaaay what a sweet playlist <3
Thanks!

E: By the way we totes wouldn't mind if you posted more of your favorite stuff in that genre since none of us keep track of the music thread in that other forum.
Dang that is a lot of music! I'll make sure to listen to it all.

Thanks for sharing! :>
Very often I find myself listening to Video Game OSTs, and Dragonquest VIII had some real beauties

My favoright

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Minion
https://chicago-lollie.bandcamp.com/

SpoilerShow

Listen to Chicago Lollie.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
SpoilerShow

Agen goes in for gendery UTAUloids, go figure :3
SpoilerShow

kyaami you magnificient everything bweeeee

Ritsu's Kire voicebank is like the awesomest thing ever
SpoilerShow

On that note have this one too
SpoilerShow

Actually have this one too
SpoilerShow

right now i only get the left channel in my headphones, so if the right channel is shit, sorry
SpoilerShow

Ritsu's Kire bank makes everything better. Seriously, I swear this is better than the Vocaloid version.
SpoilerShow

Oof! Right in the nostalgia! @_@
SpoilerShow

god i love mashup music
How come i never heard about this Chilean funk band before? According to the internet, they've been pretty popular since 2000.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

They're so good.
music is ridiculous. There is way to much good stuff to listen to it all.

Anyway, I'm here to talk about this. It's a cool little donation drive for Adam Warrock, an indie rapper who writes about comics, pop-culture and life and stuff.

he's seeing how many songs he can write in 24 hours. I think he finished his first three in just over 3 hours. Havn't listened to any of it yet though.

SpoilerShow
Ok nobody but Plaid is gonna get the kick out of this I did, but this is prolly the main thread for it (unless some kind of protest demands I make my own New Zealot Fangasming Thread).

SpoilerShow
My brain automatically substitutes the What Now spoof lyrics.
I know, I listen to the entire song and ask myself "wait, it had an actual verse with actual rapping in it?"