"I didn't even know I was hungry" (The Food Appreciation Thread)

"I didn't even know I was hungry" (The Food Appreciation Thread)
RE: "I didn't even know I was hungry" (The Food Appreciation Thread)
(05-05-2013, 09:16 PM)weirdguy Wrote: »you think you'd be game for the ethiopian raw meat?

cause it's pretty great
I dunno, I’m a pretty squeamish eater.

But probably, yeah.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Temperature fluctuation and longevity effects on deliciousness and rate of consumption of Mac 'n Cheese Pizza.

Abstract: Researcher acquired one (1) Mac 'n Cheese Pizza and promptly ate several slices, thereby establishing baseline deliciousness. When researcher was full, pizza was placed in cold storage at approximately 2 °C for a duration of several hours. Another sample slice was then consumed. Researcher was pleased to discover that deliciousness of sample did not vary considerably from baseline. Another secondary sample, heated to above RT was also consumed. Similar results were noted.

Rate of consumption decreased over time, though data predicts a spike around noon tomorrow.
FOOOOOD

SpoilerShow

I am not good at presentation ><

MAIN PLATE
On top: two slices of fried slice, done in olive oil and briefly thrown around in the pan before being taken out, slightly burnt. I also found out that the high sugar content in the bread makes it taste like bleh for this purpose.

Under bread: sauteed onions, plus some ill-conceived attempts at 'onion rings' by poking out a few rings and throwing them into more olive oil.

Under onions: BACON. This is all you need to know.

SIDE BOWL
Stir-fried celery with garlic and even more olive oil. I use a lot of olive oil.

EATING IT NOW
You forgot to mention all that rice.
Also Agen that is noooot how you make onion rings...
Well, they were rings, and they were onions. Technically.
How do you eat with chopsticks?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
[Image: qH4ac.gif]
It's a mystery to me as well...
My left thumb has what's basically an extra joint so I learnt how to chopstick wrong when I was growing up and only recently forced myself to do it the correct way. I still don't know how to get the sticks into the correct position one-handed, though.
Until I was about 17 or so I didn’t use chopsticks correctly; I had them all crossed up and sliding against each other (hard to explain) and people were like “how do you even use them that way!?” and while of course I said no such impolite thing out loud, the real answer was “faster than you”. But I made an effort to do it the right way (which is not as fast, but has a stronger, more accurate grip and and holds more food once properly trained), and now I’m not sure I could even replicate that strange method if I tried.
That’s religiously offensive in most of Asia! Like, even to people who in no way share those particular religious beliefs and rituals that form the origin of the offense.
Nah, the crossed chopsticks thing is especially common in young kids and people whose parents emigrated from chopstick-using cultures. I do it because I'm a lazy fool. I'm hesitant to visit my grandparents in Asia for they will likely give me a hard time for using chopsticks incorrectly.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Most of my chopstick ridicule came from other second-generation kids, but still.

I had to adapt because my mouth is now pretty big and I wanted to take full advantage of being able to eat my meals in a few bites.
Chopsticks as forks is terrible not just from an etiquette standpoint. The food's prepared to be bite-sized and not impaled. Fried tofu especially is best if you eat it whole and don't expose the innards.
Sometimes you get foods that weren't meant for chopsticks. Then you gotta get creative.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Frying is a magical process in which tofu metamorphoses into something I’d never eat on its own into something I’d eat on its own in dangerous amounts.
Especially when it's stir fried in a sauce. Hunan tofu is a wonderful food that I kinda wish I could eat more than I do.
read that as "human tofu"

then I remembered that one adventure time ending where everybody was eating faux humanflesh

anyway, tofu is also good for soups
Ever have doenjang jjigae? Soyception right there.
I made chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. Here are some photos of one.

[Image: ibxkwMExzdMX8T.JPG]
[Image: ivQsXqi1BonZp.JPG]

(By chance the one I cut open for this makes it look like there aren't many chocolate chips in there, but that isn't the case.)

The chocolate doesn't look great because I don't have a sugar thermometer, so my approach to melting chocolate is literally just to heat it until it's liquid. It works fine for stuff like this (it tastes fine at least) but I can't temper chocolate or make it look shiny after it sets.
Okay so this isn't food i've made as such but i need to share my sister's attempt at nachos.

[Image: tumblr_moiqxa8V601ql1irgo1_500.jpg]

(they looked really delicious once she stopped laughing/crying enough to extract the cheese block and add chips+sour cream)
That's an awfully cheesy picture :3
Mmm, cheese. My favorite not-a-food-group.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
AHHHH AHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAH HAHAHAHA

[Image: dinner.jpeg]
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
The dreaded Chili Mac has claimed another victim