tossaway

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tossaway
RE: tossaway
yoooooo so i'm gonna try... to lower the panel quality from here on out? keyword being try cause i'm really bad at that hohohoho

[Image: Drm6Chp.png]

You probably shouldn't sell the stuff you got from your box. You don't know what their significance is.

You approach the pink individual and remove a couple beads from your chain.
"Heeeyyy~ What'cha buying?"
The bag in the middle, behind them.
"The Casual Cabernet purse? No problem, good choice, it's a good look."

(You lost 2 beads.)
(You gained a Casual Purse! You gained 4 more inventory slots!)

[Image: LpXYERA.png]

[Image: vBDgKFU.png]

Thank you, shopkeepers, for assisting in my unknown quest...
Perhaps, someday, my outfit will be as well-coordinated as yours are.
"Kay, Bean, the train's almost here and we're not gonna miss it cause yer too busy complimentin' these retail servants. C'mon."

[Image: tBQiOIo.png]
"Heheh, they were flirting with us."
"You always think customers are flirting with us."

[Image: BGs2UQH.png]

[Image: EMtx93b.png]

[Image: QWWXKR0.png]

It's a bit empty, strangely enough. These trains don't seem very big, despite that they carry people from country to country. But here you are, already departing what you could say is your homeland.

It's a bit overwhelming.

Jay shifts a bit. "Heh, yer gonna wanna cling to somethin' more sturdy once the train starts movin'. Anyway, any more questions while we're on the way to Bonsai?"
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
i want to crush rocks. where can i go to find a job where i can crush rocks
You must be registered to view this content.
Where do people get beads?
what did other ragdolls look like :O
[Image: lDQx06s.png]

The train begins moving as ticketsman comes down the train, taking tickets as they go.
(You lost the Bonsai Ticket.)

(05-02-2016, 07:42 AM)Wheat Wrote: »...is it rude to compliment people like I was doing? Can I tell that person over there that I like the color of their petals?

"Well, it ain't RUDE to compliment people, just, there's a time and place, y'know? Some people ain't used to receivin' compliments, sadly enough, so when they get one they dunno what to do. It'd be more comfortable for them if they just did whatever without random people comin' up and bein' friendly, usin' their valuable time."

Fair enough.

The ticketsman returns to their station and the train picks up speed.
"NEXT STOP, NEGATIVE. PLEASE STAY IN YOUR SEATS AS THE TRAIN LEAVES PUNCTURE."

[Image: pBKSJG5.png]

(05-02-2016, 07:42 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Flowers are pretty. How did the world get shaped like it did?

"Yea... Again, I wasn't around to see it happen, but apparently the world just... split open an' peeled outward, and the Center piece just fell right out. Everyone calls it "the Blooming". Nobody actually knows why it happened, there's a lotta rumors... like, "ooh, the royal family summoned evil powers", or, "we sinned and this is our punishment", you know, just, a lotta stuff with no evidence either way."

What do you believe?

"Heh, that's a heavy question from a baby. Hrm... I dunno. If there was a lesson to be learned from it, nobody learned it."

[Image: 3UvsjXa.png]

Jay lowers their voice.
"Though, to be honest... I don't think it happened for no reason. I... don't wanna say too much. But my little treasure huntin' hobby means I come across a lotta old junk, from before the Blooming. I'm for sure the world was a different shape before, the history books ain't lyin'. We were different back then. And... and, the magic mighta been different too. It sounded like, like everything was different, a-and now everything's broken. Everyone's all obsessed with halves, and broken stuff, cause it's what we got left with."

[Image: kiULEGf.png]

Um...
Do you wanna... talk about how to get beads?

[Image: Kpe5WVP.png]

"Oh. Uh, sure. Yer prolly just gonna have to get a job. Bonsai's a good place to look fer jobs related to gardening and makin' stuff. Ya might like it. And if ya can't find a job, ya can always turn to scavenging outside the city, like I do. I dunno if ya even need beads, though, like... do ya need to sleep, or eat?"

Dunno.

"Hm. Well, prolly better that ya earn beads for SOME reason, even if ya don't know what yet."
how can i make the most beads the quickest?
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
[Image: 8zbr3I4.png]
Dope ass dragon created by the incomparable Earthexe
It'd be cool to have somewhere nice to stay? Not even if you necessarily need it for rest or protection, just, a place you can let other folks feel welcome.
gardening is good!!! you can become the landscape architect of someone important
You must be registered to view this content.
Earn beads? What about making them myself?
> It seems like what happened to you and to Jay aren't all that different. You woke up in a box with only a few broken trinkets tied to your past, and he was born into a world with only some crumbling artifacts to tell him where it came from.

Maybe mention that in an attempt at bonding!

> "Jay, how are people made?"
[Image: Mpv0Ytp.png]

Alright, you can think of some reasons... like, "it'd be nice to have a place of my own", or, "I should repay people who help me with tangible gifts".

"HAHAH! Smooth! No, but, it's okay, you don't gotta get me anything! I'd appreciate it, though!"

So, does gardening earn a lot of beads?

"Yeh, depends. Gardening's a nice hobby anyways, but since Bonsai's in the Growth Petal, gardening and farming are big jobs there. You know... yer kinda dressed like a gardener! It must be a sign, haha!"

Heh, if you say so.

(05-16-2016, 04:59 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »Earn beads? What about making them myself?

[Image: Xk94vIA.png]

"Yyyyyou could, certainly make dec'rative beads yerself! But if ya try ta make money-type beads, yer prolly gonna end up in a cell! Which, fer yer information, is kinda like that box ya were in, but ya don't get to come out until someone else decides when."

Oh.

[Image: HUZ0aJR.png]

So, um... there's kind of a similarity between us, right?

"How so?"

Well, one of us woke up in a box full of trash, with a few random items to give us an identity, and the other, uh, woke up in a world full of ruins to give us an idea of the worlds history...?

"I guess. I didn't just wake up one day like this, though, I was born- please, please don't ask me what being "born" is. It's the job of yer mommas to explain to ya what that is, as it was my mommas job to explain to me such things. And I ain't yer moms OR yer dads."

O-oh.

"Now that I think about it, though, I'm only assumin' that you weren't born, an' that ya don't have a mom or pop. Either way... ya got a point. Seems like yer the same as everyone else stuck on this planet, even if other people ain't inclined to agree on account of ya not bein' a flesh an' blood person. Don't worry if ya can't figure out why ya exist, none of us know why we do either."

The train slows down, pulls to a stop at a station. The doors open and a sudden cold gust blows in; Jay huddles a bit while a small line of people forms to exit the train.

"WE HAVE ARRIVED AT NEGATIVE; PLEASE LEAVE IN SINGLE FILE. BUNDLE UP AND ENJOY YOUR DAY. PEOPLE HEADING TO BONSAI, PLEASE REMAIN SEATED. WE WILL BE DEPARTING FOR BONSAI SHORTLY."
Stick on the train! bonsai sounds much better than negative!
look out the window at negative
Hi there! I'd really appreciate it if you took some time to read my adventure Madeline Beaufort and the Moon Thief! Thanks!
Check out the people entering the train!

Then, ask Jay if he has any stories about his explorin'.
hey sorry for the lack of updates but:

[Image: vzCPsvL.png]

more importantly, it's almost time for World Building June
and um, i'll be working on the setting tossaway is currently situated in
which means i'm just having less reason to work on this for a month because as schazer said in the crit thread, this whole adventure was started as a worldbuilding exercise, something to make me actually work on this world.

also the next update i had planned would um, be best made if i could make the following updates in quick succession
maybe i can manage it later but we'll see

anyway seeya, hopefully the adventure will be alive still later
Open the window. Catch a snowflake. Bask in wonder at the sensation of COLD
Hello! It's good to see you all again!
[Image: 8H4lZPD.png]

So... why's it called "Negative"?

"Cause it's cold."

Oh.

"Also, yer lookin' at a farm, the town's on the other side of the train."

Oh, oops?

[Image: t2XeEcY.png]

!!!!!!!!!

[Image: IQJo8mn.png]

"AUUUGH! Bean, get away!!"

You stumble backwards as this creature phases through the window-!!

[Image: xt2lhuy.png]

[Image: HtB5F4T.png]

Jay moves to the east one square, rooting through their backpack.
"Urk- Hold on just a moment, I gotta get my thing!!"

??? moves south one square, softly hissing.

Civilian does not currently move. They are trying to see what's happening.

Health: 5/5
Attack power: 1 + 0
Defense: 0
Actions per turn: 2

GIVE A COMMAND!

>ATTACK
You can only attack actors on the field in your current radius.
>ITEM
Use or equip an item from your inventory.
>MOVE
You can move up to 3 squares in any direction in one turn.
>DEFEND
Prevents damage from enemy attacks by 1 point.
Defend!
Move 3 west! That'll buy some time!
Hello! It's good to see you all again!
Equip the racket as a weapon
attack your dearest friend
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
ROUND 1

[Image: pCduAcY.png]

Jay wrestles with their bag a bit more before pulling out what looks like a giant wrench with a bunch of charms tied around the business end.

Civilian moves two steps south and one step east, shouting that they'll head for the guards and conductors to let them know what's happening.

??? moves one step south and one step west, seemingly hesitating on who it wants to chase.

You move three steps west.

[Image: ys8ojAC.png]

Jay growls and swears as they move one step south and three steps west, heading straight for ???.

??? moves three steps west, and is now directly north of you.

Civilian left the battle area!

You Defend. You will take 1 less damage from attacks next turn.

Health: 5/5
Attack power: 1 + 0
Defense: +1 (1 turn left)
Actions per turn: 2

GIVE A COMMAND!

>ATTACK
You can only attack actors on the field in your current radius.
>ITEM
Use or equip an item from your inventory.
>MOVE
You can move up to 3 squares in any direction in one turn.
>DEFEND
Prevents damage from enemy attacks by 1 point.
Attack the ???!
SpoilerShow