Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)

Poll: Enter Double Overtime Mode?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes I have a need for speed.
73.33%
11 73.33%
No, too fast.
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D2 - Electric Boogaloo)
Will end the second round in 1-1.5 hours.

SpoilerShow
May as well add my extra 25 points to GONE HOME.
Right, so we've reached the end of the second round of the giveaway, and it seems like it will be even more exciting than the first.

Of course, let's begin by taking a look at the top four games:

SpoilerShow

In a shocking display, at the last second everyone's chances at winning Cave Story+ went way up when Demonsul pulled out at the last second pointed out that I had misread one of his posts. While Raptarion certainly had the advantage and Terrabalt the opposite it was now anyone's game (heh) standing at 375 points and 6 bidders, and in the end it was won by:
SpoilerShow

Following that was Monaco, which devolved into a three way brawl between triple-digit bidders with a fourth sneaking in on the sidelines. Despite a pitched bidding battle it was taken by:
SpoilerShow

Third on this list is Shredded Please, which at 235 points between four bidders is still hotly contested (though perhaps not as much as the first two games). The winner is reminded to submit their proper claimant forms upon their victory.
SpoilerShow

Finally we get to Planetary Annihilation, which was narrowly beaten out of the third place slot by a measly five bids. Will one of the two bidders who contributed to almost the entire total of 230 points win, or will the sneaky Granolaman succeed where Terrabalt and Pagan failed?
SpoilerShow

A big round of applause for our second set of winners! Point totals have been updated here, and the games list in the OP will follow shortly.

SpoilerShow

Current bidding list:
SpoilerShow
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D3 - Giveaway Forever)
25 on Dust: An Elysian Tail.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
putting 25 points in Gone Home so i have 75 total in that and 25 still in To The Moon
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
You must be registered to view this content.
I am crushed

all in on interplanetary because meh
100 points in don't starve!
Hi wooiljung! I'm afraid that this was the sort of thing one is supposed to sign up for beforehand so we could sort everything out ahead of time.

That said, We did include a few extra games so I'll talk to my co-mod about it and see if we can't fit you in. If anyone else has suggestions for how we can remedy this issue (since I'd like to include people even if they come in late) or other concerns please get in touch with us while we do so.

Anyways, belated 24 hour warning (you now have like 20 hours or something).

SpoilerShow
Eh I'll throw my extra 25 also onto Gunpoint for safety.
All in on Gone Home.
(01-21-2015, 09:13 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Hi wooiljung! I'm afraid that this was the sort of thing one is supposed to sign up for beforehand so we could sort everything out ahead of time.

That said, We did include a few extra games so I'll talk to my co-mod about it and see if we can't fit you in. If anyone else has suggestions for how we can remedy this issue (since I'd like to include people even if they come in late) or other concerns please get in touch with us while we do so.

Anyways, belated 24 hour warning (you now have like 20 hours or something).

Ahhhh.... okay. Just sign me up for don't starve whenever I qualify (I hope)
Sorry, got caught up with things and forgot to give a second time warning. Will extend update by 1 hour (so an hour and a half until update time) in an effort to make up for it.

SpoilerShow
So now it is time. Here's our lucky four this round:
SpoilerShow

First of all, looks like four people were willing to drop 285 points in an effort to Go[ne] Home. Only one of them can make it though.
SpoilerShow

Our next game is the first with only two competitors but still a respectable 215 points. Also, until the giveaway began I thought it said Trail so I had a (now ruined) very clever traveling quip lined up that would have gone great with Gone Home but I digress.
SpoilerShow

After that, we get Batman: Arkham Asylum, again hitting high at 200 despite only two participants. I don't have a clever thing to say about this one.
SpoilerShow

Finally, we get to Skyrim, where we're back up to three bidders at 185 (and again with one person contributing the large majority of the points bid). The last winner this round is:
SpoilerShow

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to send out games for a few hours (busy busy) but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Point totals:
SpoilerShow

Games list:
SpoilerShow

Next deadline is in 48 hours.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D4 - Giveaway Awakening)
well in that case, all in on TO THE MOON
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
I'll sit on my points this round, and might continue to do so for the next one as well.
What happens if I sit through my points for this round?
You get to keep them from round to round. Basically it just means you can drop a ton of points later and overpower other bidders who already spent some of theirs or spread them out (sort of like what happened with the last round), but you risk on losing out on games you want if they're popular.

It's all explained in the OP pretty decently I think.
Speaking of dropping a shitton of points...

140 on Mind: Path to Thalamus please.
Points Total
SpoilerShow

(Don’t Starve is too popular, I’ll have to make other grabs, points withdrawn)
(psst Credit: I'm pulling my points off of Costume Quest for now. Thanks a lot for keeping track of the bids though)
Aaaaaaaah dammit okay all my points on MIND too.
omg so cruel. i only have 25 points to spend. fine, all on MIND.
Everything on Interplanetary
I dont see how i can win, but 100 points on dont statve anyway