The Write Stuff: The contest is OPEN! Sign-ups are closed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Write Stuff: The contest is OPEN! Sign-ups are closed.
Re: The Write Stuff: Text Adventure Contest! UPDATE!
I'm excited! Also, I'm doing post-cyberpunk. In case all us punks were supposed to put down what kind of punks we were being so that we wouldn't be stepping on all the other punks' toes. Of course, I seem to be the only punk at the moment, so this whole post is kind of pointless.

Punk!
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
Yessss Fantasy Office. Happymelon
I will text things! I'm texting this right now!

- sent from btphone
Re: The Write Stuff: Text Adventure Contest! UPDATE! Again!
More info in the first post! We'll be getting underway pretty soon, and I'd like to get us all on the same page.
Well, now that we're coming on the moment, when exactly will this start?
We'll go by the listed forum time, which means... about 6 hours from now! Really, there's not a huuuuge point to being a stickler, though. I'm not like gonna disqualify you if you go slightly early. That is the Official Start Date, though.
Aw man, it's december 1st over here and I was gonna start

Also should we add a small note in the title depicting that it's for write stuff?
Yes, write (TWS) in the thread title.
I'm cool with my topic and my thread will go up tomorrow pchooooooo
Re: The Write Stuff: The contest is OPEN! Sign-ups are close
Link for posterity :3
... I hate high expectations. Have a seagull. Fact Seagull

could you, as a favour to me, have thoroughly low expectations of what I'm going to produce?
Is there a set deadline for endings at all? At what point will these adventures be judged?
It's a month-long thing. Contest will end January 1. Of course, you're perfectly allowed to keep the adventure running longer, if you find yourself attached to it, but the judging will happen at the end of the month.
RESTARTING.

Bear with me, I've not done this before...
Restarting your adventure? You may not need to. I mean it's okay if you feel like you should but having a fresh viewpoint is a great thing. I've really liked the two updates you've had so far. It's managed to capture a sort of simple mysteriouness the other adventures haven't.

Just saying I'm curious why you're restarting and I hope it's not so that you can conform to some of the more standard mechanics/format.
Thank you! Umh. Well to be honest it was kind of to conform more to the standard mechanics/format because the other one is- more fraught with fretting. It comes less fast, is less based on other people's input, feels a lot like I'm groping around in the dark going WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING NOW OH GOD OH GOD. And it's also more novelistic, and since I've never done this before it feels like I'm on terribly shaky ground.

Um. Yes. But thank you?

Trots back to reconsider, doubtfully, the noveltastic one.
Hey no worries! I like the first two updates of your new one too!
Thank you :). I like yours. It's bizarre and hilarious and the poor dude is so totally screwed. It provokes the awh-and-want-to-soothe / snicker into one's tea reactions in equal measure. And he's so desperate! And he's trying so hard!
Much thanks!

We should keep talking about the TWS adventures we like.

Grey Gabe is actually making a mystery that makes me want to think. Not to mention DESCRIPTIONS and DETAILS. It obviously appears very well planned. I'm excited to see where he's gonna take it!
I'm liking both of Marcherry's (I AM WRITING MY LETTERS) and Peasant Pete's Alphabet Funtime, which is cool and pretty funny.
btp Wrote:Grey Gabe is actually making a mystery that makes me want to think. Not to mention DESCRIPTIONS and DETAILS. It obviously appears very well planned. I'm excited to see where he's gonna take it!
Happymelon

I am really interested in seeing where We Sons Of Daley is going. There are some mysterious goings-on in there!

Everyone is really doing a good job, too! If I were to say that there was a single TWS going that I didn't like, I would be a filthy, filthy liar.
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
Although activity in TWSes seem to have dropped off a bit, in all but a few adventures ;-;

*notes that self is not exempt from this crime ><*
AgentBlue Wrote:Although activity in TWSes seem to have dropped off a bit, in all but a few adventures ;-;

*notes that self is not exempt from this crime ><*
Right now what I want is more suggestions on what to do since this is/may be a major branch path of We Sons.
FWAH I have finally finished the second update of Restlessness. Jesus Christ, sorry for the wait.

Now to find time to suggest for all the other TWS adventures Minion
And now I'm seriously worried that I should slow down on my updating of We Sons Of Daley; it's two pages ahead of the second-most populous adventure. Meloncholy