Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
Winky
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
today i was the smartest person at the math competition~
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
Congratulations on having a math-friendly brain, mine isn't at all.
I FOUND MY WALLET. God Jeesuschristo almighty thank you so much i wont have to replace all my shit. Somebody dropped a bunch of things on it when i left it outside my bathroom.
Guess who got naked on campus and accidentally covered in paint today

(it was me)

Earth Day is my favourite holiday
o_o

does it wash off
Yeah, really easily in the locker room shower, no soap or anything. It was thin as fuck since I made it wrong and that kind of is why it was able to get sprayed all over me but oh well it was meant to go on bodies to begin with so it coming off easy means I did something right :L
Finding a clothing line you like that does a suit jacket that actually fits you: c:

Finding it's got a real working pocket that actually fits your phone: Happymelon

Getting it at a steal because the seam on one shoulder lining's split, and sewing that shit up: Trog Demands Blood!
(04-23-2013, 04:47 AM)Infinity Biscuit Wrote: »Yeah, really easily in the locker room shower, no soap or anything. It was thin as fuck since I made it wrong and that kind of is why it was able to get sprayed all over me but oh well it was meant to go on bodies to begin with so it coming off easy means I did something right :L

Post belongs in the no context thread
I'm on track with my work so i got taken off of report! I'm not super stressed any more yay :DDD

Also i have holidays next week, which is even better.
Going to Brandeis University, deposit's in, no turning back.
I'm gonna get me some book learnings!
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Does iTunes have any like ownership of the material that you let them sell? If not you could have them sell it and just post it online for free download and that should help alleviate the guilt?
It’s just one track, right? Do it! If only to see how it works out.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Fair enough!

(said the coward who also doesn’t post his own music very often)
Come on, just share it with us, both of you.
(05-01-2013, 10:46 PM)Ed Wrote: »Come on, just share it with us, both of you.
mmpfff

okay. just...

later
Supes I think you should go for it! Having anything out there under your name is good IMO. And personally I think it's a really good remix (though you're obviously a better judge of your potential ability than I am). I actually like it better than the original.

In other news I got accepted into George Washington University's foreign affairs summer program what's uuuuuuuuuuup. We get to meet with people from the UN and World Bank and State Department and all that good stuff. There are only 25 people going and frankly I'm terrified. But excited!
I PASSED ALL MY CLASSES. I DON'T NEED TO RETAKE ANYTHING.
Beep Beep
Hehehe

My brother got all mad because something happened to his laptop so it takes a lot of time to boot up, he came all pissed off asking me to "go and fix it" (because he thinks me or my mom/sister did something to it) and i told him he just needed to wait, he said he JUST COULDN'T WAIT so i NEEDED to hand over my mom's laptop IMMEDIATELY. I told him to fuck off in a very dismissing manner and he stormed out of my room all mad, i knew he would go straight to the router to disconnect it or something like that (and i was in the middle of a dota game) so i got near my window to get on my neighbor's net and told him to get his router closer to his window, he actually took it outside on the window frame and now i have internet in the same spot i was before and my brother's probably still mad and waiting. I'm enjoying my little victory here.
Dang your neighbour's a cool dude, Ed.

My nice story of the day's from work, where a dad and his two sons came in this evening. The older kid couldn't have been older than five, and he was wearing three rings (one of which was a clear plastic purple one with little flowers embedded in it).

I complimented him on his sweet jewellery, and his father suggested he show me his new bracelet as well. Made my night.
So, I've been pretty depressed lately because I had no idea what graduate school I really wanted to go to. I always felt that my grades were way too low to compete for MD or DO, and was even considering taking a year off to do something else.

In the last few days, I went to Arizona and visited my mom's friend, who's the microbiologist professor of A.T. Stills School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona. She is also part of the admissions office for the school as well, so I got a good preview of what to expect. The school is total awesome, and I even got a chance to talk with some of the students there.

Probably the best thing I learned was that I am still very competitive, and that DO might actually be the path I want to go towards. Nothing like a shot of encouragement to raise one's spirits.
I was awarded a scholarship from the chem department for "having the potential to become an outstanding chemist or professional". After a pretty shitty semester, that honestly feels kinda good.
I got an A in psych, which means I have a 3.5 GPA for the quarter and my dad cannot give me any shit and I am undoubtedly getting a single next year

life is good
Just did my final Uni-related work thing ever and it went great and also put to rest my long-time fears that my project was not ambitious enough, so now I can rest pretty easy until the results come in.
I've been on quiet tenterhooks for the past week or two, waiting for placement information for the JET Programme to tell me where in Japan I'd gotten a job. Being able to accept the position was contingent on me revoking my Japanese nationality, which for some reason required two original copies of the family registry on which I am noted. As this would be my mother's, and because she never married a Japanese man, this would be my grandfather's registry.

Family registries are a weird bastard medley document which legitimises adoptions, births, deaths, marriages, changes of address, and divorces. Their storage and organisation is not centralised - any given individual's family registry will (usually) be in the municipal office of whichever prefecture the "head of the family" lived in. In my case, this was a rural ward in the Miyazaki Prefecture, near which next to no relatives of mine live.

In order to request copies of a family registry, you need a physical address in Japan (you can't request one from overseas). This meant we had to call my uncle in Tokyo, send him some forms we'd filled in, wait for him to apply for copies of the registry, and send them back to New Zealand. This took about three weeks and I've finally got my mitts on 'em, so I'm heading to the consulate on Friday to get the last of my paperwork done.

The only concern of my parents was that I might end up somewhere horrendous and have good grounds to reject the placement, and they didn't really want me to drop my nationality before I knew for sure.

My placement letter arrived today. I had no specific preferences for potential placement options, claiming I'd have an adventure wherever, but mentioned in the interview that I'd like "somewhere warm" and "somewhere I could head out and appreciate nature".

Miyazaki Prefecture just happened to be both of those. I'm kind of keen to know now if the JET Programme knew I was waiting for documents from that prefecture in the first place.

Either way I am super-excited because it's just over two months away now aaaaaaaaaaaah