Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)

Poll: Enter Double Overtime Mode?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes I have a need for speed.
73.33%
11 73.33%
No, too fast.
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D13 - Giveaway Draws to a Close)
If it's any consolation you only had a 1/12 chance of winning the first draw, and then when Shredded unexpectedly took it (but how) a 1/11 chance. Hero of the Kingdom was also pretty decently stacked against you as well.

On the bright side, right now there are few enough bids around (while CC has three bids out he's only getting one of them) so you can probably snag just about anything! There are still good games to grab and try out.

Speaking of:

SpoilerShow

Will resolve the round in about 28.5 hours.
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D10 - The Pink Giveaway: Remake)
(02-10-2015, 05:21 PM)wooiljung Wrote: »
(02-04-2015, 08:12 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »
(02-04-2015, 06:15 AM)wooiljung Wrote: »last time I had 1/3 chance, i lost
this time I had 2/3 chance, i lost
:(

next time you'll have 3/3 chance and you'll still lose Melonspa

QQ it's all your fault meanie :(

If I had the power to curse people, I'd be a millionaire. As is, you didn't have 3/3 chance for the last few bids. Presumably you will for the next.
About an hour left, nothing has changed ;-;
put however many points i have on ms splosion man
Cool so here we are:

SpoilerShow

Pretty clear cut I think. Ms. Splosion Man is the only one with competition but seeing as how it's not even ChrisClark's top choice I doubt cyber won't end up with it no matter what the result is.

SpoilerShow

That clears things up pretty nicely. All that's left is officially announcing the winners of Primal Carnage, The Showdown Effect, and Nightsky out which of his other options ChrisClark wants.
SpoilerShow

With everyone having bid this round having gotten their games, I am going to officially call it. Those who are left can claim which games they want here and I'll get them to you. I'll probably give it a 24 hour grace period (maybe more, I'm super busy this week) just in case everyone comes up wanting the same game but then give it all out on a first come first save basis:

SpoilerShow
RE: Steam Winter Giveaway 2015 (D14 - Giveaway Epilogue)
Can you give a link to what Power Up! is? It's a pretty generic name and I'm having a hard time finding that exact title.
this retro shoot-em-up
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I guess I would be remiss to my feline peers if I gave up a game called The Cat Lady.

But planetary annihilation
The first two I guess
No matter what happens today, you can laugh about it tomorrow
Also since it's the first time Cat Lady has been mentioned I should point out it has the triggers of
SpoilerShow

It's probably good to know this beforehand cos, you know, triggers.
SpoilerShow

Alright so closing thoughts:

++ A lot of things went well this time! Double Overtime did exactly what I wanted to do and had the benefit of also reinvigorating the game later on, and caused basically no problems on my end.
++ With the exception of a couple small things (and one larger thing that I'll get to) there ended up being no issues getting people's games out too which is good.
++ Had great communication with my co-mod. While I managed to get to things in a reasonably timely way most of the time Kiven easily managed to step in and save me when I couldn't.
++ Donors were fantastic with sending games out, those that weren't sent to me prior to starting were always out quickly upon them being won so nobody had to wait long at all.
++ Hey here we are at the end again!

-- Ran out of steam near the end with a few people stopping playing before they win their second (or even first!) game.
-- Had a couple instances with game links that were already claimed prior to the contest, while I did manage to solve them (hopefully to everyone's satisfaction) I should have checked them to be sure.
-- There were a few people I had to hunt down in Steam to give them their games which ended up causing shamefully long delays in getting their games to them as I occasionally got wrapped up in other things and didn't notice when they eventually accepted my add. Next time I'd want to make sure I have everyone from the getgo so as to not slow things down and leave people waiting.
-- Flavour was about as bland as last time (if not worse) but again I'd rather have things done in a timelier fashion.

Despite problems though, I'm completely satisfied with how this went down and hope that the next one (whenever it happens) will be even better! I'm not 100% sure I have it in me to run one of these again in the immediate future, but anyone else who might want to do something for the summer sale or next winter one I'd be remiss to not allow them to blatantly steal and/or improve on everything here (not like most of it is mine to be stolen from). If I do though, I'll definitely try to get on letting people know about it before the sales end in case they wish to donate something.

Once again, thanks to Kiven, Coldblooded, Kocel, amosmyn, Akumu, Rivenforge, Granolaman, Schazer, OzTheWizard, Excalibur, Terrabalt, Demonsul, Raptarion, and KatoHearts, all of whom in one way or another made this whole thing possible. I couldn't have done it without them.

As for everyone else, I hope you enjoy your games and thanks for playing!

SpoilerShow
Um can I still go ahead and claim Paranormal State as my second game?
Thank you for doing the giveaway~!~! (also I got the second game, thank you!~)
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
And I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those meddling attention-paying Palamedes!
My PM inbox is making me feel like Shinji Ikari after all these game shenanigans.

[Image: 73cbbd2a9c4dc252369331f4882ced25.png]
[Image: congratulations-you-won-virus.jpg]
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
You must be registered to view this content.
Now beat the Ninstar elevator. On your first try.