This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
[Image: GXlTi.png]
e: for comparison here is an example of my actual handwriting
[Image: twilightzone.png]

Fact Seagull They actually did though! Once in the 80s and once in the early 2000s.
(01-24-2012, 01:06 AM)Wheat Wrote: »[Image: twilightzone.png]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twilig..._series%29
Wheat, I support that film, as long as his first name is Hal.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I've tried the font thing; the first one was done with my tablet in Sai and the second one was scanned.

[Image: Krnhx.png]
[Image: Wl0fy.png]

I broke the uppercase I on the second one.
[Image: genchat1.png]
:o
I think it turned out nice too, Also I second Wheat's Request!

That Twilight Zone write up made me realize that we don't have a general writing thread on Eagle Time, which is weird. I want to make one but I haven't really been in the mood to write something. I still might as now I have a prompt, during lunch my friends and I spouted the usual shit, which I think is pretty neat.
See, during lunch we talk about things ranging from regular NerdCrap to Really Bad Things, but one of the re-occurring topics is STEVEN THE TIME TRAVELER and the various ramifications of it.
Basically I have told my friends that I am a time traveler(duh) and we occasionally have conversations centered around this idea. Anyway, today this somehow spawned the Revolutionary movie known as "Grass: The Movie."
The idea behind it was that some big name movie company hid a camera in some field, let it run for a while, and then just put the unedited footage on screens without even watching it.
The result is about twenty minutes of grass growing followed by oddity after oddity and event after event starting with a dude on drugs admitting to a bunch of crimes and ending with a plane crash and alien abduction, then thirty more minutes of grass growing.
The idea was that no one saw the middle because they left before the first ten minutes.
Bottom line, we come up with silly ideas and I probably should write about them.
Enjoy!

The name is because i was expecting the be the only one to use it. XD
(01-24-2012, 06:41 PM)Solaris Wrote: »That Twilight Zone write up made me realize that we don't have a general writing thread on Eagle Time, which is weird.

I would be hells to the down for a writing thread, if only so I can argue with people about where it is and is not ok to chuck a semicolon. (Also because I might periodically write things and would love to see them be ripped a new one??)
I'd love to be told where semicolons are supposed to be chucked.

I wanna try out that write or die thing.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I fully support Write or Die. It is magical.

I also fully support ripping re: semicolons. Semicolonripping is one of my hobbies.
King of late-to-the-party has arrived.

[Image: Tct7X.png]
Oh boy, so does anyone remember my saying this before all the font malarkey?

(01-20-2012, 03:23 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Namely, whether aphids will escape out of an unsealed petri dish into an incubator's various corners over the space of a weekend. Results pending Monday morning.

My initial hypothesis was incorrect; the little shits were not in the incubator's corners. Instead, a whole bunch of them have tumbled down into the tray of water which may or may not be the incubator's coolant.

I think it's prooooooobably not a federal fucking issue - unless I start seeing parasitic wasps in the water as well. Then I might have a problem.
Life finds a way.
I just taught the boyfriend how to make omnom delicious pizza via skype. He doesn't cook very often at all, and as a result my new nickname is 'devil woman.' XD

The pizza turned out pretty well though :3 Cooking lessons via skype are actually pretty fun!
Life finds a pizza.
You're implying that a group composed entirely of remotely connected animals will...make a omnom pizza?
I sure hope so, because pizza is the best.
(01-26-2012, 11:03 PM)Plaid Wrote: »I sure hope so, because pizza is the best.

[Image: NBiek.gif]
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
(01-27-2012, 12:41 AM)Pick Yer Poison Wrote: »
(01-26-2012, 11:03 PM)Plaid Wrote: »I sure hope so, because pizza is the best.

[Image: NBiek.gif]

Holy moley, Lankiemote.

That brings back memories.

[Image: lankiewhat.gif] [Image: Lankieohdeargod.gif] [Image: Lankieapple.png][Image: Lankiegunlook.gif]

Alas, I can't find the cleaned up, superior gun look that Wheat did. :c
Oh, damn, I missed free font day.
I /think/ these are it: https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/hd/apollo11.html
Okay, as far as is known, the original raw footage no longer exists, at least in its entirety, since the tapes were erased and reused.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11_missing_tapes
A continuous broadcast? Well, you could simulate that and rip(?) that off this:

https://kottke.org/09/07/apollo-11-live-tv-coverage

If you're wanting the individual clips to download, there's also this:

https://www.apolloarchive.com/

Or...have you seen all this already?
>___< I'm sorry I couldn't help more...

(though I wouldn't be surprised if they do feel as if they do have a claim staked on the whole thing...what with the flag planting and all)

WHILE WE'RE ON THAT ISSUE isn't it interesting that when the world had the money for space travel they didn't have the technology and now we have the technology no one has enough money?!

If there was a solid infusion of funds, a fantastic expenditure, you could enact suggested technologies way back by Dyson and O'Neill! Lagrange Point habitats! Solar Power Satellites! Mass-drivers! What's wrong with the world?!