Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
Murderfia is slowing down seven hours after game started

I

I might actually sleep tonight
Schazer I suddenly have a mole of day activations to be distributed over the next twenty four hours
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I'll give you a mole on your corenas if you make jokes like that
These are the birthday cards given to me by my mum and my dad respectively.

[Image: TST1.png]

The more astute amongst you may notice that these are not in fact birthday cards. They are the single releases of Lemon Jelly's The Shouty Track and Stay With You; both are the enhanced editions containing their accompanying section from the video experience. I am so immensely overjoyed by the thought of owning them both because I am sort of a big fan of Lemon Jelly. There's also another reason why I'm so happy about having The Shouty Track, which my disembodied hand shall now reveal...

[Image: TST2.png]

*squee*
fnnnnrnrrrrggghhhh

holy

oh

bnnnnnrrrrffffffffffffwweeeeeeeeeee*incoherent noises*
"Also joining the doctor will be Billie Piper"

no
Shush you, nothing dampens Tennant
That is excellent news! (The Tennant part, I mean.) Now we're just one or two press releases away from getting Eccleston and McGann in for the "The Four Doctors" Time War extravaganza that I've built up in my mind for some reason.
(03-31-2013, 12:25 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Shush you, nothing dampens Tennant

Sorry, no, actually, there is one thing, and that is a forced love interest who exists only to be a love interest and to get into trouble.

I am

nnnnnot a fan

of Miss Tyler

Then again, this will be the two best (new) Doctors in one room/episode, so I'm not complaining too hard.

look out, I'm having opinions about popular culture on the internet
;-;

I'm not a super fan of Rose x Ten either all right >:3 on the other hand

TENNANT

and i will just kind of ignore everything else
Well I for one think Eccleston was the best Doctor and helmed the best season, but then again I also only really care about season 1 since it's such a nice contained story arc so this isn't really a big deal either way...

Look I just wanted to break up the Tennant/Smith 4eva combo going on here :P
No, I can see that. Eccleston does an excellent Dramatic Doctor (though he's not as good at Child Doctor) and on reflection has more serious episodes besides. Tennant, to me, has a bit of Eric Idle in him, wherein I just can't take him seriously whenever he acts angry or sad. Smith is better about it but has more B-movie plots than the other two. I think Rose was more competent in season 1, as well? But that's not particularly hard.
The big advantage of Eccleston is that he had a good season and then quit while he was ahead, he didn't stick around long enough to see his character just become a parody of itself.
I liked season one as a story of a guilt-wracked god responsible for the total apocalypse of the heavens trying to find repentance and encountering the consequences of his actions as he does so. Did any of the other seasons have cool stories underneath them like that?
(03-31-2013, 01:33 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »Sorry, no, actually, there is one thing, and that is a forced love interest who exists only to be a love interest and to get into trouble.

I am

nnnnnot a fan

of Miss Tyler
I am in total and utter agreement.
But then again, Martha Jones always felt like just a warm body to tag along behind the Doctor. At least Rose had character to her.

Season one ended on an extremely frustrating note for me. Not only were we losing Eccleston, (though we got Tennant, so that took the sting off,) but the whole exciting "Bad Wolf" buildup spent itself in a (literal!) deus ex machina ending that didn't actually make any sense. Particularly after the awesome moment where the Doctor was all "Yeah, I don't even know what I'm gonna do, doesn't that scare you?" and the answer was "Wait, no, heck, I really just don't have anything. No, not 'me' the Doctor, 'me' Russel T. Davies or whoever was in charge of that plot."
It was entirely lame and it still bugs me.

(Whoops, there goes this thread, right off those rails! Outta the way, people!)

EDIT: Infinity Biscuit, the whole "guilt-wracked god" was still there in Tennant's run, particularly the last couple of specials, leading up to his regeneration.
I have a friend who's pretty exasperated with Matt Smith's Doctor for abandoning all that/ignoring the consequences of those stories.
Tennant to me always had a good combination of comedy and drama - I will go right ahead and say that there is a significantly greater proportion of weaker episodes to really really good ones (For example, Fear Her versus The Family of Blood), and that Tennant's character has always felt much deeper than Eccleston's - his character development is about papering over the guilt at his core with layers of ADORABLE TENNANT SQUEEE and taking responsibility for his actions, taking the merciful path, reveling in the wonder of humanity, yet sometimes something of the anger and desperation underneath shows through...

Or that Tennant is adorable when he says 'billion'.
tbh the only characters I really want brought back for specials are Donna and Donna's dad
But Donna's dad died. You're talking Donna's Grandad.

And honestly just looking at the lineup I already know how this is going to go, it'll be 'Matt Smith lands in Pete's World again and meets the Human Ten who is totes married to Rose Tyler and then they have shenanigans and Human Ten dies'.
(04-01-2013, 12:50 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »But Donna's dad died. You're talking Donna's Grandad.

What if he IS talking about Donna's dad? Melonspa
Then we're talking Father's Day all over again.
omg the tenth doctor was TENnant

i'm a little bit amused now that i've made this connection
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
"I am very pleased to tell you that you have successfully passed the 2nd stage of the screening process for the 2013 JET Programme and are now on the final short-list for ALT candidates."

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech
Sooooo i think it's pretty much official at this point, i'm going to go live with my relatives in Dallas to pursue an art career. Maybe around... June or July, my aunt says they want to move to North Carolina eventually and they want me to go with them.

I'm excited, not only because i'll get an opportunity to study what i want but i'll also get out of this house, not to mention this country.

I'm also really nervous.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Oh dang that is excellent news, Ed! Congrats and good luck!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

im sof uckign happy is tstaaaaaaa