Webcomic Deer Rectory

Webcomic Deer Rectory
RE: Webcomic Deer Rectory
Guys. Guys your missing the most important part of all this. I propose..

I propose Kickstarter campaign to turn BUTTS FOREVER into the most important character in Homestuck!
What did Butts Forever do to deserve that.

I could spend all that money in a fucking health insurance i really need that.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Malky Dungeon is an odd one. It's about magic in Scotland and Britain? It might take you a few tries to figure out the dialect but it feels like an accomplishment when you do. I can't even describe the way he draws faces, it's just great.

(09-05-2012, 09:35 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Wait no I do have comment

Don't be surprised to hear Andrew Hussie has "chickened out" and made the game himself, and then tells the backers to vote on what he should spend the $700,000 on at the Olive Garden. And then doesn't actually go to the Olive Garden.

For real though it does not even describe what the game is and the video has nothing to do with the project itself.

Also he's already made half a million dollars in two days ._.

The soul portrait money was entirely unsolicited btw

Do you really think he lacks the commitment or dedication to follow through on an ambitious project?
Ugh. Not that I don't like Homestuck, but speaking as a someone who has invariably failed to finish each and every one of the games so far (bar the last one, which to be fair was halfway interesting if a little masochistic) - if the result is anything like the flash, no wait, HTML5, games we've had so far I'm going to say it doesn't deserve a million dollars.

And someone actually donated $10,000. God help us all.
I'm not sure you can really call the walkarounds games? The ones in Jane's land were the only ones that really had any sort of gameplay other than walking around talking to people.
Yeah fortunately he's outsourcing to some as-yet-undisclosed studio to do the actual coding work so presumably we aren't going to be presented with the "treat" that is walking slowly in only four directions with unclear signposting, invisible walls and endless backtracking
Wouldn't it be funny if it was just a dating sim?

Wait no, it wouldn't.
Katawa Shomestuck Confirmed
Oh

Oh god

I can see it now: multiple endings and they all lead to lord english
I suppose you have to complement Hussie's ability to work a crowd. I mean, by starting the kickstarter at this juncture of the process, people aren't funding some hypothetical homestuck game, they're funding their hypothetical homestuck game. The term "adventure game" is such a broad genre that the final product would literally be any style of game.

By giving absolutely no specifics, other than generic promises of "quality" (but honestly, since when has the size of your budget seriously correlated to quality of gameplay?) Hussie has managed to maximize the potential income from the kickstarter. Can you imagine how many people would forgo their backing if it was revealed that the entire game was going to be Pixel-art? Have quick-time events? At the moment, when someone invests their $15 or $100 or whatever, there is always a little part in the back of their mind that says "maybe it will be like this", and that is the exact same part that will be disappointed when Andrew Hussie releases clips of Green-Slime Racing Extreme. Whatever this game turns out to be, it will be exactly like his Olive Garden fiascos. Money is given by people on a large scale, with a purpose in mind, and that purpose is ignored in favor of whatever he feels like doing.

But yeah I do really hope it all turns into a cheap dating sim, with clips of 3d animation by that one korean company that does the news.
wait i thought homestuck was already a dating sim

UHHH

dang i don't have any actually good comics to link to that haven't already been linked daaaang
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
(09-14-2012, 04:02 AM)Wheat Wrote: »1> should we have a list of "ten best" that go at the top
2> should descriptions be a link to the post where the first person described them, or should someone else come up with the descriptions

1> No, tastes are subjective.
2> You should just copy and paste the description the person who suggested the comic came up with or else it would kinda look like a 'me first' thing if you link to the posts or quote the name.

I was about to link eegra, it's one of my favourites sites and i read the archive every once in a while, Patrick Alexander used to do really good comics. You should also mention that it is finished and is not updating anymore.

Also, while not comic related, be sure to check their game reviews and articles (specially those by Patrick Alexander).
Holy christ I just got a serious case of booklust.

The paperback edition remains a very tempting option, but christ so does burning 200 bucks for a sexy limited-edition hardback.
I discovered this wonderful comic called RUTH & ANNABEL RUIN EVERYTHING a few days ago, it's about two girls having cute little adventures in highschool. The art and character designs are amazing, it's just one chapter long so go read it now! I promise it's worth your time :>
Oh gosh so many sassy young ladies.

And mutated giant animals.

Thanks for the recommend Ed :>
Esrever tumblr'd about this comic here, Vibe, I like the art, action, colors and stufffff.
It's got one chapter completed right now and updates tuesdois.
I've found that Spiddrelli is pretty neat. Its got an interesting visual style, all animated, and each character is distinct visually - I especially like Ollie. Story so far is a bit of a mystery, with cliffhangers at every turn.

It updates sporadically due to being someone's side project while at University but I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Monsterkind is a relatively new comic that looks like it's going to be cool. It's about monsters (obviously) and humans trying to co-exist in a not entirely successful manner.
MSPAFA has so altered my mind that when I saw your tumblr post about it, I assumed it was a) an adventure and b) about sburb

And also that the big-hands girl was some kind of mutant troll because she had horns
Hahaha oh wow. I'm not quite a 100% Homestuck fanart blog yet. :P

Come to think of it, I haven't actually fanarted any adventures in a long time.
I have officially read the entirety of QUILTBAG.
(don't)
I read Penny and Aggie for a bit and by the time it ended I was only sticking around because why not see it through to the finish. I had a look at a couple of pages of QUILTBAG when it got started up and decided that nope, it was in fact worse.

Good to know I was right in staying away.
i mean it's unintentionally hilarious
Oh man, Kiwi Blitz

Giant mechs and cute art and cyborgs and the best worst police force ever and all the chapters are named after songs and and and

And then things start happening and

and

and just read it, dammit!

'S real good
Apparently the artist from that is now working on that penny-arcade side comic "the trenches", which I have yet to and still refuse to read.