We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
I just played the Undertale demo and it was so good and I am going to buy the full version!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I've been playing Burnout Paradise because I guess I wanted to smash up cars in a sort of sad, EA-built, stripped down GTA experience. But I've been playing the shit out of it, so I assume some part of my brain wants to collect shiny cars and ramp them off of cliffsides while barrel rolling them and also flat spinning (is it still flat spinning if you're barrel rolling at the same time? I think that's just called 'tumbling head over heels oh god you're about to hit that tree') before landing them perfectly because this is the 20th time you've done this race and you realllllllyyyy want to nail that perfect stunt sequence etc. etc.

For an EA-made game, the constant requests for your money are surprisingly few and far between. And by that I mean that it's limited to a single request on startup to log into an EA account and... you can actually not? You can play the fucking game without having to sell your soul to EA, because oh look we're in the bizarro dimension.

One thing that does stick out at me, though? The product placement. Billboards have real ads on them, vans advertising Gillette's nuclear-powered razor blades drive around Paradise City, and your radio DJ (who you can't change away from) is an actual podcast person who does actual podcasts and radio stuff apparently. Like hell I'm going to actually look him up and give him hits though, after about thirty consecutive losses and condescending 'helpful tips' from him I've begun to envision him as some kind of goblin living in a barrel of low-grade douchebag ([i]"I'd love to get out there and race the streets myself, but I gotta stay up here and give you updates!" "This is DJ Atomica from CrashFM, with a traffic report: I'm looking out of my window and yup, there's traffic everywhere." "That guy just rammed his car into the side of a bus! That's gonna hurt tomorrow morning (okay I suppose this is some kind of weird world where you can crash your car all the time and just respawn but still, it's really jarring to hear him talk about injuries that would normally kill people as like a 'walk it off' kind of thing)"

On that note, it's also really jarring whenever you crash your car - there's always a slow motion dealio where the wreck of your car goes flying down the road, glass breaks, doors fly off, etc... and you can see into your car AND THERE'S NO ONE DRIVING IT. THERE ARE NO PEOPLE MODELS. THEY DIDN'T EVEN PUT A DUMMY IN THERE. THE CARS ARE ALL DRIVEN BY GHOSTS.

WE ARE THE GHOOOOSSSSTTSSS
I am so 400% done with time travel as a game mechanic or story device. I keep seeing undertale stuff on tumblr and by all accounts it looks like something I appreciate and would enjoy but I just can't make myself want to actually touch it.
((Undertale doesn't have time travel...?))
Sig:
SpoilerShow
A couple of the characters are aware that you're playing the game (including saving/resetting) but thats not really time travel, no.
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Undertale can't be the new Homestuck because it ends in a timely & satisfactory manner
That's good then and I may have to play it; I've been reading a lot of the content that shows up on my dashboard about the game and must have misunderstood the ramifications of certain characters' actions and backstories (or misread someone's theorycrafting as canon, or any number of other silly brain lapses), and if time bullshit isn't a focus or present, I can't think of any reason not to give it a go.
If I play the demo I will like it too much and buy it with money I don't have
I'm putting this in a spoiler because I legit don't know enough to have the context for what is and isn't a spoiler here:

SpoilerShow
o no

this game too good
Whose your fave
I recommended Undertale to a friend and after a couple of days they told me they watched an LP of it and I've never felt more betrayed* in my entire life.

*Not to judge anyone here who decided to watch an LP of Undertale. That's fine! I just HIGHLY recommend you experience the game first hand.
(10-06-2015, 04:33 AM)Wheat Wrote: »correct answer is eveyrone/anyone but jerry

When you first said this I was thinking, "Did I miss an entire boss? How is this possible?"
Googling him revealed his true nature.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Sig:
SpoilerShow
[Image: j6VXKc5.png]
I found someone's name in the credits! Guess who?

SpoilerShow
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Mine's in there too
I did a Undertale

I stand by my previous post
Crushes and Alphys specifically. My time travel suspicions were allayed, because the truth is

SpoilerShow
(10-08-2015, 07:51 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »I found someone's name in the credits! Guess who?

SpoilerShow

It was who i guessed :v
yea I saw both jacq and plaids names in the credits. you guys were donators or someth right
We both supported the kickstarter, yeah :o

I just managed to get the killed by a green slime achievement on necrodancer! I suppose i should prob work on getting the all zones run ones next.
maybe some day i'll beat the third zone in that game
To be fair, the third zone is probably the worst.
I've beat all the zones, but only with bard

I forgot I can't play rhythm games for shit when I bought it
Undertale is so good oh my god