The Write Stuff: The contest is OPEN! Sign-ups are closed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Write Stuff: The contest is OPEN! Sign-ups are closed.
Re: The Write Stuff: The contest is OPEN! Sign-ups are close
Fabricati Wrote:And now I'm seriously worried that I should slow down on my updating of We Sons Of Daley; it's two pages ahead of the second-most populous adventure. Meloncholy

No way!

If you got the time and the will, update as fast as you like. It is no crime to excel in this contest.
Update at whatever pace works for you. I seriously doubt that anyone is going to complain that your adventure updates too much. It just means that there's more adventure to love. Winky
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
I'm very curious to see where Restlessness is going. At first glance I thought it was a little disjointed and vague*, but then I realized that I just wasn't reading it closely. It has an almost poetic feel to it at the moment and does an excellent job of capturing the emotion and apprehension of the main character. It seems like something I could get invested in.

Also this is long overdue but I really like Pete's Alphabet Funtime. The concept is simple and appropriate for the given genre. It encourages creative suggestions (I have always loved adventures that place restrictions on the suggestors), and DF is gradually putting together a very quaint and cute medieval village.

Also I will probably keep putting cameos in This Guy's Problem. Mainly because I am lousy at thinking of original characters but also because it's fun! If each puppet is considered a suggester cameo then I guess the characters are mostly all cameos?

*what I am incredibly guilty of in mine.
RE: The Write Stuff: The contest is OPEN! Sign-ups are closed.
And that's time, I believe. At least over here on the west coast. The last places are Alaska and Hawaii I guess? So if you have final updates you have about two hours.

I think?
i hope enough of an impact with my single opening post
>___< stupid uni applications never have enough time grrrr ;-;
I'm thinking maybe we should archivise all the TWSes somewhere? We could get ourselves a newly christened completed adventures subforum deal?
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Who said that they were all finished?
Yeah, Pete the Peasant still has 17 letters to find!

I do expect to wrap that one up within a month or two, though.
Yup. and CHICAGO is still at large. They haven't caught the military grade android. The Cowboy King is almost dead. That traveler is barely alive in our bedroom. That bard is still yelling below us. We're nowhere near the arctic. The superhero mafia is still at large. Those damn aliens still want our animals. There's a freaking dinosaur tearing up our house. We don't even know what kind of dinosaur we are! We're still missing our approval stamp. The academy hasn't accepted us. We're late for class. And this guy CLEARLY still has a problem.
I'm still liking the concept behind Prehistory 101, and I do plan to continue it just as soon as finger *hits keyboard!
Though...I would like to see Man and Machine get its award.

Which is to say, if I were judging, that is the adventure I would pick. (though I love them all)

Wheat? Any word on possible judgamentos?
Iriri, can you give us a progress report, maybe? Right now it seems like you dropped off the face of the earth (though this may not be the case!)
Wooooooo! *flails arms* *puppets fly everywhere*

Congrats grey gabe! You most def desereved it! (maybe we could get a victory update?)

Fabs your adventure is...well...fabs!

And DF, Pete needs to hurry up and learn the letter K!
Wow, thank you!
Everybody's adventures were really great reads! I think btp's turned out to be my favorite because finger puppets lawyers are hilarious. Minion

btp Wrote:(maybe we could get a victory update?)
Yeah, I've been meaning to get back to it. I'll hop to it before too long!
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
I guess that means I'm the longest running TWS adventure now :3 Three years, bitches!