Machination of Writers [???/5]

Poll: Do you want to join this project?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
No
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello. After discussion and my free time, I would like to present this.

This is a writing exercise in what I shall call Exquisite Corpse form. Once the 5 other writers are established, I will write a introduction piece, upon which I will send it to the writer after me in the circle. That writer writes another piece and sends it forward, so on, and so forth.

Rules:
1.Only send the part of the piece you wrote, and PM me all of your pieces. I will collect and keep them until the end, where I will post the final product.
2. Try to keep non-sequitors to a minimum. Pick up where the story leaves off, to the best of your knowledge.
3. Write at least a paragraph or more. We don't want to machinegun sentences to each other.

There Are a total of 5 Open slots. If you wish to join, send me a PM with this application.

Username:
Writing sample:
A paragraph of your writing, so i can attempt to string a good group together.
RE: Lets us make a story?
What's it about so far?
Google docs? Well it'll get real complicated won't it? What happens if one of you don't like an idea? You won't all be online all at the same time sometimes. They'll simply erase it.

You should do this:

Show the READ-ONLY google docs and if they want to submit an idea, they have to say at what line(s) it will be at and will write it up and show you where it will go after which word/punctuation.

But then again, this is tedious, although stable. It's not like you'll be on ALL the time. And if enough people join this, you'll be sifting through so many PM's. Or if the ideas are posted in-thread, everyone is going to argue about a single change.

...Plus I'm busy so I can't join this even if I wanted to :/
Part of the Project is to develop the "plot" as we write, but heres a basic rundown.

An order of Paladins called the Order of Eraa are guarding the Demon who will end the world someday.
An evil Mage called the Black Mage (as of now) leads an army to release the demon.
The Black mage wants to scare the people so deeply, no war will come again.
The Knights of Eraa, lead by the King, want peace through peace
The Black Mage once worked under the King
The Heroes are trying to stop the Black Mage
One of the Heroes is a Paladin of the Order of Eraa
--The Black Mage succeeds, but it turns out, fully released the Demons power.
--He is consumed, and the Demon is unleashed
The Heroes search for a way to beat the demon, therefore stalling the end indefinitely
????

the -- inidcates the small part( which probably can be elaborated on) which I have written. This "plot" is subject to change, as well as the story, based on the communal effort/wants.

In edition, Other than the Paladin, None of the Protagonists have been made/ characterized. The others characters that have some substance are:

The Black Mage:
A Powerful, all around wizard, He wants peace through domination. Mostly, he just wants to hurt and scare people, being a sadist.
- Ignorant
- Over Confident
- Much of his confidence is well earned though.
- Used to work for the king, managing a section of the Kingdom

Lord Kallt:
- Demon to end the world
- Use only invoked in spirit before, released into a physical form this time
- full powered
- He technically has the power to destroy all the cosmos if he chose
- He enjoys and Savors his destiny, so he works somewhat slowly. Massacres a few thousand people, a Kingdom or two, and then enjoys the last remains of Creation. Enjoys the Organ very much, but he will destroy it in the end. He enjoys that more.
- Dosn't really believe the Protagonists can do much, so he mostly toys with them.
- Even at the nearing his downfall, Lord Kallt truly dosn't believe their is any threat posed to him.
- Passive aggressively attempts to kill the Protagonists with minions/Himself.

Otherwise, pretty much all aspects of the story are able to change based on want/effort/people.

In addition, If this ever Truly gets off the Ground into something, I would be willing to Look into finding a publisher? Self-publishing? High hopes for a little thing, but hey, shoot for the stars. At least it can be Homemade Fanfiction stuff.

EDIT: I doubt Many people will join, A. I think your Idea of the Read only thing is a good idea also. Instead of Just ideas, write a small bit about it, and then Submit it? I'll it up to a debate or something, and we'll move on from there, if we include (AKA get you writing more of it) or if the thing should be dropped/ saved for a later time / final edits.

EDIT EDIT:Should I limit it to a certain amount of People? Like, Ask for a small writing piece, then Choose a small number of the best?
I propose we do it Exquisite Corpse style again.

>:D
I recall something like exquisite corpse being done for the last nanowrimo. I think kinda slowed out as it turned into a cycle and writers actually knew what was going on in the story.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
IT WAS AWESOME.
Would someone please explain to me this exquisite corpse?
(05-08-2013, 03:56 AM)DoubleD Wrote: »Would someone please explain to me this exquisite corpse?

You send the first part of a story to someone, they make the second part. BUT THEY ONLY SEND THE SECOND PART to the 3rd person. And then that 3rd person makes the third part, without knowing what the first part was. And then the fourth person makes the fourth w/o knowing the first or second etc etc

It's kind of like a game.

EDIT: or you can just look at the post below
(05-08-2013, 03:37 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »IT WAS AWESOME.
Well, It seems I have no better ideas for this, so sure, why not. I'll edit the main post later in my free time, but We'll do it the corpse way. Send in an Application ( your username and a sample piece of writing) And I'll choose up to 5 people. From there, we'll write something. I dont think my story, since i have the later part written instead of the first part, so yaa.

Exsquister corpse style. PM me apps with a small writing sample, like 4-5 sentences.
You're going to get entire grand battles, you know that, right
RE: Machination of Writers [???/5]
If it is Grand battles we get, then so be it.

Grand post is updated, with rules and application