SpoilerShow

LOAD

>>NEW

JOB 1
New Opportunities

[Image: WS9vA.png]

Hrrmph.

Bigro Wrote:WHAT ARE YOU SO GRUMPY FOR YOUNG MANLADY

Not grumpy. Just.......ugh...frustrated. I can't believe we got this far behind on the papers. I mean, we've only been in business for a week and -- HOW ARE THERE THIS MANY BILLS ALREADY?

ProfessorLizzard Wrote:>Contemplate signing the papers without reading them

Yeah. Not gonna do that. Not when there are....hrrrngh...Sorry, thought I carried the two wrong. Sometimes I wish I wasn't the only person who was good with numbers around here.

Lordlyhour Wrote:Because his Savefile got deleted, Duh. Along with the DLC that had the Graphics update. That'd annoy anyone.
Kit (?): Disregard Commands, Complete paperwork

>Complete paperwork...or at least finish off a stack. Maybe

[Image: hAjqs.png]

...$200, $314, $101, $77, ...$1122? No, that can't be right...

[Image: jVaZf.png]

...no,no, no....crap. Great, GREAT. We somehow have to pay over $1800 in damages for that street. I guess I should be thankful we're not being charged for that lampost. I almost feel like we're being pitied.

Bigro Wrote:YOUNG MANLADY YOU PAY YOUR FINES THIS INSTANT.

" AM TRYING TO GET THIS IN ORDER.

Wessolf27 Wrote:>...you look like you need some time off from your work.

Unfortunately, I can't. We're only a two-man operation. I can't afford to take time off. And besides, I've only been working for a week.

Jacquerel Wrote:Flip your desk in frustration, drown in snowstorm of paper

I would. But guess who has to clean.

Lordlyhour Wrote:Kit(?) Exposit on Who We Is. Unless you're using the Royal we. If that is the case, Exposit on Who You is.

>Exposit

Well, my name's Kit. Kit Badle. It says right there on the table, ya know? As I said earlier, I work in a two-person company called...

Venteux Services

What do we do? .....well I actually can't get into much detail right now because I'm really, really busy getting these bills in order. But I can give you a simple idea. We're simply the guys who do odd jobs. It's a weird concept for a business, but it's pretty amazing, the shenanigans that happens in the city of Espoir. But, really, it's just odd jobs. Like the one I'm painfully reviewing right now.

[Image: uVfwr.png]

Cat in a tree. Cliched, I know, but yeah. Old lady called us up about helping her find a missing cat. We found the creature stuck in a tree. Normally, this sort of thing is easy, right?

1. Get a ladder

2. Climb up ladder

3. Get cat

4. Return cat

5. Get paid for returning cat

But...this is how my boss/partner solves problems.

[Image: 0ItZg.png]

I don't even know how we weren't fined for tha - oh wait, here's the form. Great, now we owe a solid $2000. Geez....with the reward for those thugs we got that day, we're barely breaking even now...

[Image: qGcgH.png]

Kit: "C'mon! Most of these bills are your fault! You should at least come down from there and help--"

Curris Wrote:Boss --> Idly pull forms out of the file cabinet in your sleep. Litter the ground with them, out of order. .

[Image: B86aJ.png]

Kit: "OY! WHA-WHAT ARE YOU.....STOP THAT! That took me three days to organize!"

Fazwick Wrote:>Boss: Resume beauty sleep

Kit: "Aaaargh! Dammit, get down and -"

[Image: pQf1p.png]

Curris Wrote:Kit -> Hear the doorbell. Perhaps the mailman has more paperwork for you?

>Answer the bell

Ugh, she's impossible to work with sometimes. Maybe I'll just chat up the mailman for a bit... Oh?

[Image: PIchA.png]

???: "Hello. Is this the office of Venteux Services? I wish to hire you for a job."

Ross_Varn Wrote:> Both: Look up comically midway through these shenanigans.
Curris Wrote:Kit ==> Sit down, clear a space for the woman to sit, as she lays out the details of the job.
Wessolf27 Wrote:>Kit: offer a seat to the miss.

>Greet the client

A client! Umm...um..gotta clean, gotta get her a chair, gotta get her some tea...aaaaaaaah!

[Image: EtXBi.png]

Kit: "Oh geez! Sorry, miss, I'll get all this cleaned up. Please give me a second."

-5 MINUTES LATER-

Curris Wrote:Story --> Take on a pulp film noir aspect as this dame lays out her problems.
Lordlyhour Wrote:Kit(!): Demand that that Womanlady-Person Provide Exposition on what sort of job she wants.
Nighzmarquls Wrote:New Person: Have a Job Involving a Mongoose, A Vat of Caramel and the unfortunate side effects of a hive of genetically engineered bees.
Lordlyhour Wrote:Woman lady person: Also Remember to actually tell them what you want.

[Image: m1URt.png]

Kit: "Ahem, well, sorry for making you wait. How would you like Venteux Services to help you?"

???: "Well, sir, my name is Lena Mangouste. I will make this short. I wish for you to find me a ring."

Kit: "A ring?"

Lena: "Yes. I have heard that this...company...specializes in these small odd jobs. Your reputation precedes you. Why, people are still talking about that incident yesterday, with the lamp post and those bank robbers."

Kit: "Umm...yes...hehe."

Bigro Wrote:YOUNG MANLADY YOU TAKE THAT JOB

[Image: CRoAX.png]

Kit: "Well, since we're finding a ring, I should talk about how we charge --

Curris Wrote:Boss ==> Take the case before deciding on compensation. . .

[Image: CL2WU.png]

GBBASDRRSDA!!!!!

Wessolf27 Wrote:>Boss: Hop off and introduce yourself upfront with the biggest smile you can make

[Image: iJHnp.png]

Boss: "Why, hello, there ma'am. My name's Aera Venteux, and I am the head of this company."

Lena: "Umm, is that boy alright?"

Ow...the pain.........ow.....my mouth tastes like blood...

Aera: "Ah, don't worry, he's used to things like this. Now, can you tell me a few things about this ring?"

[Image: QgUN5.png]

Lena: "Well, it's a silver ring set with a sapphire. It's custom made, so it's quite valuable. It has a certain....personal charm for me."

Aera: "Hmm...well, do you mind if we ask you some questions? I would like to know more about this ring."

Lena: "Umm, sure."

Aera's looking rather...intently at the client. Is she trying to gauge her reactions? I wonder what's up.

Wessolf27 Wrote:>Hrm... take note of it. Also, ask about what sort of heirloom it is, along with the last place she had it.

>Continue questioning Lena

[Image: tddXYok.png]

Lena: "Umm, are you alright?"

Kit: "No, not really. So, this is the ring that you said was missing?"

Lena: "Yes. It's a family heirloom."

Kit: "Yeah, I heard you say that before. Do you remember where you last saw it? Maybe where you lost it?"

[Image: gdFOOJ2.png]

Lena: "I dropped it."

Kit: ".....you....dropped it."

Lena: "Yes, on the corner of Bazaar and 12th."

Kit: "....You DROPPED it, and yet you can't find it?"

Lena: "Yes. Anything else?"

Yeah, this chick is hiding something.

Wessolf27 Wrote:>Kit: attempt to press for details.

Bigro Wrote:YOUNG MANLADY YOU EXTRUDE THOSE DETAILS RIGHT NOW, SO HELP ME.

>Continue questioning some more

Kit: "Is there anything else? I mean, you seem really fixated on this ring, but you keep talking like it's nothing special."

Lena: "That is a personal thing."

Kit: "Okay, but are you sure you just dropped it? Are you very sure no one else picked it up?"

Lena: "I said I already know it hasn't been taken yet."

Kit: "Ma'am, I'm just trying to find out more about this ring so that it is easier to find and--"

[Image: 7TgocJx.png]

Lena: "Excuse me, I was unaware that this turned into an interrogation. I came in with the understanding that Venteux Services specialized in helping its clients, NOT hounding them for answers. I have given all that I believe is important to this job."

Kit: "But--!"

Lordlyhour Wrote:Aera: Return to the room with the thing you were retreiving. Do so via a Second kick to Kit's Face. On the Other cheek, so he's in symmetrical Pain

[Image: jHviXym.png]

we--GBRRRRRRGHN

Fazwick Wrote:>Shes not going to give more detail, might just start investigating it yourself. Agree on the job.

Aera: "Yes, we are here to help you. We will begin our search for this ring right away. Can you please wait outside so that you can lead us to where you last saw it? We'll take it from there afterwards."

Lena: "Ok, ok thank you. I will wait outside. Thank you for this."

[Image: 6W6eVfc.png]

Aera: "No problem. That's what we're here for. We'll make sure we'll find your ring."

Lena: "....thank you."

And there goes our client. Why oh why did we accept this job?

Aera: "C'mon, Kit. Get up off that floor. We need to get going."

Kit: "Ugggh. Ok, can you please tell me why we're doing this?"

Aera: "What do you mean? This is our job."

Kit: "No, our job is perform tasks for people who otherwise can't. This sounds like it'll be a wild goose chase. How do we even know that there's a ring? For all we know, she's taking us for a ride."

Aera: "Oh, don't be such a stick, Kit. She asked for our help, so we might as well do it."

Kit: "Can we even do it? We're still in debt, which only was made worse two days ago after that cat-and-bandits fiasco. This job may very well waste our time."

Aera: "Is it the money? Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that this job will be well worth it."

Kit: "What do you mean? We're just finding a ring. It's not like we're finding a lost treasure trove."

Aera: ".....hmm, I just have a hunch."

...What does she mean? She hasn't told me that since we first met. Could...could this mean...ah forget it.

Kit: "Alright, let's go. Although I feel that I'm going to regret this."

[Image: hx1Vhf2.png]

Aera: "You know, the only way we're going up in the world is if we go out and do things. And besides, in a city like Espoir..."

(image too big, click this spoiler please)
SpoilerShow

Aera: "There are always many chances to find new opportunities."

JOB 1

CLIENT: Lena Mangouste (32)
DESCRIPTION: Find Lena's missing ring
DETAILS
  • Lena claims the ring is a personal heirloom
  • She lost it on Bazaar and 12th
  • She is confident that is hasn't already been taken

>_

SpoilerShow
RE: Venteux Services
>Okay, follow the nice and not-the-least-bit-suspicious lady to the scene.
Trod back and forth while staring at the ground for a ring.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
If she's so confident the ring isn't gone, then stroll! Take in the sights, give us exposition take in the setting, think about history and landmarks in the city...all that.

Also it is extending because the images are big. Big images are fine. Just not too big. Use your judgement.
Welcome to the forums! The post contents box is stretchy - you'll notice it's nudging up against the left box on the table too.

One of you: walk and talk with the client. Have the other scout ahead a bit.
Bigro Wrote:YOU BETTER BE THINKING THIS THROUGH, THIS COULD BE A TRAP

Look, I am just as suspicious of this whole job myself. But, Aera says to go ahead. And she's pretty dependable. Sort of. Kinda. ....

(01-21-2013, 12:19 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »Trod back and forth while staring at the ground for a ring.

(01-21-2013, 02:31 AM)Schazer Wrote: »One of you: walk and talk with the client. Have the other scout ahead a bit.

Ok, that's not a good idea. Bazaar and 12th is on the other side of the city, where the Central Bazaar is at. Walking there would take the average person over half a day. Espoir is a large city.

Wessolf27 Wrote:...or just grab one of those new-fangled air taxis that the kids want to ride these days.

(01-21-2013, 12:00 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »>Okay, follow the nice and not-the-least-bit-suspicious lady to the scene.

Probably best. We're a bit tight on funds, but an air taxi ride shouldn't be too much.

[Image: aw9RTsC.png]

Driver: "So, where you wan'ta go?"

Kit:[B] "Bazaar and 12th, please."

[B]Driver:
" 'ow many?"

Kit: "Just two."

Lena: "What? Two? I thought I was going to show you where I lost the ring?"

Aera: "You are. You'll be going with Kit. I'll follow on foot."

Lena: "Wait. Bazaar and 12th is really far! How are you going to manage that?"

Aera: "I have my ways. Now, hurry, hurry. That driver looks a bit impatient."

Lena: "....alright."

I give some money to the driver, who shrugs and motions us to come in. Lena looks back at Aera, but then gets in, with me following. As the door slams, Lena quickly turns to me.

Lena: "Is she really going to meet us there?"

[Image: yDFpef3.gif]

Kit: "...well...she has her ways."

Sigh, I'm really not comfortable with this. I really really think this whole job is a waste of time, and there's something this lady is hiding. But, for now, I'll just sit in silence for a bit.
(01-21-2013, 01:11 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Take in the sights, give us exposition take in the setting, think about history and landmarks in the city...all that.

[Image: VI3pZKC.png]

You know, I still can't believe I'm here. A little over a week ago, I was still living in a small hamlet, helping my grandmother mind the curio shop. But I wanted more. I wanted a slice of the action that Espoir had to offer.

Espoir, the capital of trade. It's renown far and wide as the most prosperous city, especially under its free trade agreements. Merchants and tradesmen from all over have come to ply their trade, and they helped create the goods to help Espoir grow. But what really got the ball rolling was one of the most scientifically significant discoveries in the last hundred years.

Elemain.

Not much is really known about this thing actually. Elemain is basically a mineral that some guys dug up a century ago. They quickly realized its HUGE energy storing and releasing capabilities. Elemain also was extremely varied in the types of energy it produced. It could heat up, it could cool, it could radiate, it could emit a huge amount of mechanical force from its mere vibrations. Basically every concept of science mankind had discovered was promptly shattered by the discovery of this precious gem. But what was even more astounding was that they could process it and create even more potent creations.

This thus leads us to the present. Vehicles, like the air taxi I'm riding right now, are powered by a type of propulsion Elemain. Fossil fuels and solar power were quickly replaced with Elemain, which was seemingly infinite in its power source. Elemain was even made into special talismans and jewelry, allowing everyday people to perform marvelous feats that they normally couldn't do. Researchers are still mastering ways to process, manufacture, and sell these precious items. It got so big that Espoir, the center of the discovery, created a branch of law enforcement to deal with the regulations of Elemain. All in all, it turned Espoir into the single most powerful city in the area. And that power was what drew me here.

Well...I didn't expect I'd find myself rescuing cats or finding lost rings.

[Image: 4uj6YFO.png]

Lena: "Umm..."

Hmm? Did she say something?"

Lena: "I'm sorry."

Kit: "What?"

Lena: "I'm sorry for that outburst. I really shouldn't have done that, and have been more grateful."

Kit: "...I'm sorry too."

Lena: "What for?"

Kit: "For pushing you like that. I should've have noticed that you were troubled. It wasn't my place to do that."

Lena: "Oh, no. I'm...I'm just worried. As you can probably tell, this ring is important to me. It's...it's all I really have left. And I don't know who to trust."

Why is she turning away? What is it she's hiding? She doesn't seem like she has ill intent, but this ring...it seems to be occupying a great deal of her mind. Hmm, I wonder how I can get her to open up a bit...

>_
Is this ring set with an Elemain crystal, by any chance?
Hmm. It sounds like somebody betrayed her trust.

But that's personal, and you're here for professional reasons. For now, at least, it's best to stick to what's relevant.

Ask if she expects any sort of trouble in finding the ring. That's something you might have to deal with, after all.
Wessolf27 Wrote:>Engage in a lighthearted talk about the weather... cough awkwardly.

>Attempt small talk

[Image: 9HLd1Ci.png]

Kit: "...So, the weather's nice. We should be getting there pretty fast."

Lena: "Yes..."

(01-21-2013, 12:32 PM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Is this ring set with an Elemain crystal, by any chance?

Kit: "Ok, so I don't mean to pry, but how important is this ring? I mean, it's not like it's set with Elemain or something, right?"

Lena: "..."

Kit: "That ring is totally an Elemain artifact, isn't it?"

Lena: "Yes. Yes, my ring is an Elemain artifact. That doesn't change the fact that it's lost, and that you are hired to find it."
(01-21-2013, 03:54 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Hmm. It sounds like somebody betrayed her trust. But that's personal, and you're here for professional reasons. For now, at least, it's best to stick to what's relevant.Ask if she expects any sort of trouble in finding the ring. That's something you might have to deal with, after all.
Well, it looks like she isn't really going to open up much, but I might as well keep asking things.

Kit: "I'm sorry if I seem persistent, but are you really sure that someone hasn't already taken it? I mean, it is an Elemain artifact. That in of itself is quite rare already."

Lena: "I am sure, because if it were found, then a certain somebody would have already let me known. And I would probably...well, it won't be good, I can say that.

Kit: "Okay, so, now we know that we're not the only ones after the ring. And we also know that the ring is an Elemain, so it might be worth something to somebody. But...are you really sure you just dropped it? I mean, something that valuable, there's no way you would actually just carelessly drop it, right?

Lena: "...I'll just say that I may have thrown away the ring on purpose due to...tenuous circumstances. But now I don't know where it is after I dropped it, which is why I came to you for help. You...you'll be able to find it, right?"

Lordlyhour Wrote:Kit(!) Justify the Exlaimation mark I have given your name and Declare you'll return her ring whatever the cost

Kit: "The fact that you came to us means that you know a bit of our reputation. Sure, Aera's a bit crazy and eccentric sometimes, but, we are Venteux Services. We will get this job done and find your ring. Anyways, we're just looking for a ring. I mean, how dangerous can this ge--"

THUD

Kit: "What was that? Did something land on our tax--"

VREEEEEEEEEN

[Image: EzS9S4S.png]

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH WHAT'S GOING ON?!

>_
DUCK AND ROLL! EVASIVE MEASURES! JUMP OUT THE TAXI!
>Can you even tell what that is?
Ross_Varn;7008357 Wrote:> Kit: Calmly assess situation.

> Kit: ACTUALLY SCREW THAT YOUR RIDE WAS JUST ATTACKED PANIC

>PANIC

[Image: 3s90ZHn.gif]

Kit: "OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD"

Lena: "AAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEIKK!"

Driver: "MY CAR!! WHAT'S GOING OOOOOOOOON"

Lordlyhour;7008371 Wrote:Kit(!) You are off to a good start, Justifying my Arbitrary Exclaimationage. Now, Continue earning the Shoutpole and Go Beat up your assailants. Ignore the fact they have what appears to be a Laser for the moment. This fact is irrelevant

ARE YOU CRAZY?! I AM NOT GOING TO FIGHT THAT.

(01-22-2013, 03:12 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »>Can you even tell what that is?

It looks like some sort of arc welder. Studded with Elemain. Great, THIS WEIRDO HAS A SUPER-POWERED ARC WELDER AND IS GOING TO KILL US.

Curris;7009158 Wrote:Lena --> Calmly mention the terrible thugs / Jealous romantic interests that are after you as well. They won't be a problem, right Kit? You did agree to the job already. . .

Kit: "HOW IMPORTANT IS THIS RING?!?!"

Lena: "IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR SOMEONE TO TRY AND KILL US MIDFLIGHT!"

Kit: "AND YOU DIDN'T MENTION THIS BECAUSE...."

Lena: "I DIDN'T WANT TO SCARE YOU OFF!"

Kit: "WELL, THAT FAILED."

Wessolf27;7009078 Wrote:> Open the door to reveal TERRIFYING HEIGHTS!!!

BreadProduct;7008883 Wrote:>Forget that this is a air taxi.

Xartarin;7008360 Wrote:Kit + Lena: Evacuate the car.

(01-22-2013, 01:28 AM)bigro Wrote: »I WARNED YOU

I TOLD YOU

YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME

YOU SHOULD RESPECT YOUR ELDERS YOUNG MANLADY

NOW BAIL

(01-22-2013, 02:47 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »DUCK AND ROLL! EVASIVE MEASURES! JUMP OUT THE TAXI!

[Image: mhyMUGU.gif]

???: "I wouldn't think of escaping. As you can see, we are more than a thousand feet in the air. Unless you want me to sabotage the thrusters, you'll answer my question."

Kit: "H-Hey! Let go!"

[Image: Du01fZx.gif]

???: "Now, tell me where the ring is!"

Kit: "I DON'T KNOW!"

???: "Well, now, that's a shame. Looks like you're of no use to me. Away you--"

Lena: "WAIT! I'LL TELL YOU! I'LL TELL YOU WHERE I HID THE RING. Just leave him alone!"

???: "Oh? Well, look at that, kid. Missus is trying to save you. Unfortunately, your brother has hired me to take the ring and eliminate all witnesses."

Lena froze. Whoever her brother is, he must be quite the scumbag. Not that I could do anything about it, not when being held in the air by a arc-welder-wielding psycho.

Oh man, where's Aera?!

Ross_Varn;7008357 Wrote:> Aera: Warp in and kick attacker in face.

[Image: oDYwd3a.gif]

Aera: "Hey! Metalface!"

??? "Who's ---"

[Image: IbfN6mq.gif]

??? "WHAT THE--"

[Image: U2Xi3XA.gif]

>_
Guys look out you are about to rin into something!
Driver: Idly wonder what all that noise is.
ISN'T THERE SOME KIND OF ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE PROBLEM HERE
(01-23-2013, 01:23 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »ISN'T THERE SOME KIND OF ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE PROBLEM HERE

Actually, 1,000 feet isn't that high where atmospheric pressure does horrible things. Most commercial airliners fly at 20k+ feet, so they're well okay here. Not that it makes the situation any less dangerous.
Ross_Varn;7012845 Wrote:> Kit : Disarm assailant

It's kinda hard to do that when I'm flat on my back on the bottom of a ta--

[Image: 0Toj7QY.gif]

...Nevermind.

Recyth;7010559 Wrote:> Momentum: Ensue
>Momentum ensu---what?!

[Image: 2ajZjBn.gif]

Kit: "HEY! How are you not falling off! That's cheating!"

???: "Shut-up! You damn interlopers! Goddamn, my mask! How did you kick through an inch of steel?!"

Ross_Varn;7012845 Wrote:> Aera : Begin interrogation on roof of high-speed taxi to a probably-unconscious individual that you just knocked out with your heel.

Aera: "A better question would be why you would bother wearing that hunk of junk. But, I would assume that you have some other special trick."

???: "Hehe! That's right! You may be strong, but that alone won't be enough to defeat me!"

Aera: "Wild Welder, is that right?"

Wild Welder: "Oh? You know who I am? My reputation precedes me."

Aera: "No, it's just that the Bureau's got a bounty on your slimy head, and I happen to be running a little low on cash."

Wild Welder: "Ha! A warrior of Mercenaire will never fall to a greenhorn like you!"

Aera: "Mercenaire? Isn't that--"

Kit: "MAY I REMIND YOU THAT WE ARE STILL CURRENTLY HURTLING AT A SPEED OF EIGHTY OVER A THOUSAND FEET?! CAN YOU JUST BEAT HIM UP ALREADY?"

Aera: "With pleasure!"

Ross_Varn;7012845 Wrote:> Aera : Pin attacker down

Aera: "Taaaaaake THIS!"

Wild Welder: "Not a chance!"

[Image: QI3CPhF.gif]

Aera: "Uwaa!"

Wild Welder: "Now let me show you the power of MY kick!"

[Image: xIiFJjO.gif]

Lena: "Miss Venteux!"

Kit: "Boss!"

Aera: "AAAAAH! YOU ASS! GET OFF! RRRRRRRgh! Why can't I move?! Wait, is that--"

Wild Welder: "Heh, it seems you've finally noticed my boot. I've attached a rare type of Elemain on it, giving me shoes magnetic properties! It's been great use for ambushing prey like you from above."

BreadProduct;7010593 Wrote:> I know there is probably better things to worry about but the damage to this taxi is probably going on your bill pile.

Fuade;7013692 Wrote:>Have driver do a flip

Ok, ok, ok ok ok ok ok what do what do what do what do.....I got it!

Kit: "Lena! Hold on tight to something!"

I quickly make my way to the driver, who's busy gripping his wheel with an extremely tight vice-grip.

Kit: "I need you to do something!"

Driver: "I'm a little busy trying to NOT DIE!"

Kit: "I need you to flip this taxi!"

Driver: "ARE YOU NUTS KID?!"

Kit: "Look! I'll reimburse you for damages to your taxi! Just do it!"

Driver: "Oh..alright. Mm, this reminds me of my army days. Just hold on tight!!"

Wild Welder: "Now! It's time to get rid of you and-- WWWWHOAASAASDFAARGASHAG"

[Image: B2DNhZ6.gif]

Wild Welder: "AAAAAAAaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH IMGOINGTOBAAAAAAAAARF!!!!!"

(01-22-2013, 10:24 PM)fakeimpostor Wrote: »Guys look out you are about to run into something!

Lena: "Look out for that bridge!!!"

The Driver suddenly snaps out of his fear and quickly stops the roll, causing everyone to hurtle towards the side. They nearly miss the bridge, but the trip in whole has left the Wild Welder in pain, which gives Aera an opportunity.

Aera: "Alright, asshole, time to give you the boot!"

[Image: uzdVfYK.gif]

Suddenly, the Wild Welder's right foot is wailing in the air, the rest of him barely holding on to the taxi by his left shoe. He suddenly realizes his dire predicament as he sees Aera towering over him, a glint of revenge in her eyes.

Wild Welder: "Wha-MY ELEMAIN. WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT YOU...YOU MONSTER?"

Aera: "Wouldn't you like to know. But, from the looks of it, I guess it couldn't take your assholery. But I can take care of that."

Wild Welder: "WAIT! STOP! MERCY! MEEEEEEERCYYYYYYY"

Aera: "Mercy? After telling my employee you were going to kill him? After making my client fear you? And after calling me a monster? I don't think so. Now, clench you teeth!"

[Image: 9cVncwP.gif]

Wild Welder: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

[Image: bViVLyZ.gif]

Kit: "Aera, you alright?"

Aera: "Yeah. But it sucks that we couldn't take him and interrogate him. And that bounty too..."

Kit: "Well at least the worst is over."

[Image: vWPypO8.gif]

....Why are we slowing down? And falling?

Driver: "WHAT THE HELL?"

Kit: "WHAT? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE WRONG THIS TIME?!?!?!"

Driver: "The Thrusters....the Elemain powering them just...poof'd!"

Kit: "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?"

Driver: "IT MEANS HOLD ON TIGHT BECAUSE WE'RE FALLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING"

>_

SpoilerShow
BOOOOOSSSSS DID YOU BLOW UP THE TAXI ELEMAIN TOOOOOOOO

Driver: Aim for something soft.
Alrik;7015146 Wrote:> Kit: Temporarily ignore the falling to comment on the fact that this is like in your Japanese Animes.

> Aera: Use your superpowers to catch the taxi and carry it gently and Superman-like to the ground.

> Driver: Freak out.

Shadow Phoenix;7016343 Wrote:Aera : punch vehicle toward a resting place.

>Get us outta this catastrophe!

Aera: "Alright! Just wait, I'll get us outta here in a flash! Hold on tight and--"

Lena: "LOOK OUT!"

[Image: 2cciB9i.gif]

[Image: FId7Cpj.gif]

Aera: "OooOooOOooof..."

[Image: K0CZeOZ.png]

Crap. CRAP CRAP CRAP. CRAAAAAP!!

OF ALL THE THINGS TO GET KNOCKED OUT BY. DAMMIT!

Lena: "Wha-what are we going to do now?!"

O GOD I'M SO BONED. Ooooooo MAN.

Who's going to tell my grandmother that I'm dead? I barely know anyone else in this city! Heck, I'm only 19! 19, and I'm already going to join my parents in the afterlife. Aw man, I knew doing this was trouble! What with these crazy jobs and this crazy woman and this crazy city and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

Okay, calm down, breath. You can still get out of this, right?

.......wait.

[Image: 1UMKJTm.png]

I still have the Wild Welder's Elemain stuff. A boosted welding torch and one magnetic boot. Okay, what do I remember about how Elemain works...

[/HR]

SpoilerShow

[/HR]
Lena: "Kit! What are you doing?"

Kit: mumble mumble....

Okay, it looks like this arc welder is:

Level A, Type Manipulation - Arcing.

This boot is also:

Level A, Type Manipulation - Magnetism.

Kit: "Hold on, I think I can somehow use these two items to get us out of this mess. I just need to think..."

>_
So what does "Arcing" mean in this case? Could you theoretically use the torch's Elemain to change the trajectory of the taxi itself?
Um...umm...magnetize the taxi?