State your case

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State your case
State your case
I purchased a variety of books.

Among them is a collection of books about all 50 US states, each state getting a book.

My purchase included 39 of these books.

Make a guess as to which state(s) are missing from my collection, if you guess correctly, I will send a book to any address in the continental US of your choosing.

(Note: I will veto anything along the lines of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, because I am a coward.)

Bonus points if your guess includes a convincing or dramatic reason as to why that particular state didn't make the cut.

Bonus points may be redeemed for your personal additions to the book.

At the moment, I don't know what the answer is, because I am also impulsive and couldn't be bothered to check before writing this.

Deadline is in...let's say, a week, I guess? I gotta move these books.
RE: State your case
State guess: Arkansas

My case: It's the first state I could think of 11/50 odds baybeeeeee

If victorious, send book to *Googles random US address generator*: Apt. 581 160 Mante Brook, Hyattbury, VA 42365-0420
(06-19-2024, 08:30 PM)Lankie Wrote: »State guess: Arkansas

[Image: sr3QVx3.jpeg]

My condolences to Hyattbury, VA
State guess: Hawaii

My case: author likes tidy numbers (i.e. USA having exactly 50 states) and has held a grudge since the non-contiguous states' addition since 1959

If victorious, please send to: Apt. 581 160 Mante Brook, Hyattbury, VA 42365-0420
(06-20-2024, 06:48 PM)Schazer Wrote: »State guess: Hawaii

My case: author likes tidy numbers (i.e. USA having exactly 50 states) and has held a grudge since the non-contiguous states' addition since 1959

If victorious, please send to: Apt. 581 160 Mante Brook, Hyattbury, VA 42365-0420

[Image: cpcU5Zz.jpeg]

Yeah they may have some sort of grudge, but, oh hey I picked up a second book on accident but no way will I bother to retake that photo because apparently the imgur button crashes on mobile.
Iowa, it just feels like one of those states people forget about.

Fingers crossed collectively we can send a book to Apt. 581 160 Mante Brook, Hyattbury, VA 42365-0420
(06-21-2024, 09:02 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Iowa, it just feels like one of those states people forget about.

Fingers crossed collectively we can send a book to Apt. 581 160 Mante Brook, Hyattbury, VA 42365-0420

You did it Ix!

You got me to take a photo of a book about Iowa.

[Image: uAhVLQZ.jpeg]
North Dakota. Cancelled for being too close to Canada.
[Image: jt0Cf7522wX9Gp-rLZuSVuS9drxEdxC7ZldowSZy...640-h80-no]
My guess is Florida. They were initially planning to cover it but decided against it since Florida is not a real state Inquisitory .
I have this cat named Blue and I think you should ask about him.
He's a really friendly guy.
[Image: dMVcI4a.jpg]
slay?
Nah if we're going with states that aren't real, you have to instead go for Ohio.

i mean if ohio was real why in the world does it suck so much?????
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
How many guesses do we get? I know a couple more obscure states.
washington state. book was too valuable, they kept it
(06-21-2024, 06:59 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »How many guesses do we get? I know a couple more obscure states.
what even are hipster states
hows does it wear flannel
does it drink kombucha
(06-21-2024, 06:59 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »How many guesses do we get? I know a couple more obscure states.

Everybody gets one. Seems fair.

(06-21-2024, 01:52 PM)CSJ Wrote: »North Dakota. Cancelled for being too close to Canada.

(06-21-2024, 03:29 PM)Pogo Wrote: »My guess is Florida. They were initially planning to cover it but decided against it since Florida is not a real state Inquisitory .

(06-21-2024, 04:31 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »Nah if we're going with states that aren't real, you have to instead go for Ohio.

i mean if ohio was real why in the world does it suck so much?????

(06-21-2024, 11:45 PM)a52 Wrote: »washington state. book was too valuable, they kept it

[Image: LDkSBUM.jpeg]

Tough luck, team. It was a good attempt.
I am once again asking for your Vermont (Bernie took it at gunpoint)
The people of Hyattbury, VA are devastated.
If I was running my own state your case competition I'd let everyone guess at least twice.
(06-23-2024, 12:03 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »If I was running my own state your case competition I'd let everyone guess at least twice.

Yeah I mean, every correct guess does cost me like 4 bucks.

(06-22-2024, 11:00 AM)CSJ Wrote: »I am once again asking for your Vermont (Bernie took it at gunpoint)

Sorry only one guess per person and you already said North Dakota...wait...

[Image: cVw5rqg.jpeg]

I don't have North Dakota.
CSJ is a winner!

I should ask, is there a particular address you'd like me to send a book to?

Also you get a bonus point! So I will make one addition of your choosing to whatever book you want to send.
if someone checks if Apt. 581 160 Mante Brook, Hyattbury, VA 42365-0420 does in fact exist and is occupied (I haven't found it on google maps), then sure let's go with that
otherwise hmm we'll see
You know, it never even occured to me that the random US address generator I googled would generate a fake but plausable looking address instead of finding a random real address.
(06-23-2024, 07:35 AM)CSJ Wrote: »if someone checks if Apt. 581 160 Mante Brook, Hyattbury, VA 42365-0420 does in fact exist and is occupied (I haven't found it on google maps), then sure let's go with that
otherwise hmm we'll see

The USPS does not recognize 42365 as a valid zip code, so I can't send anything there anyway. Truly an injustice for the people of Hyattbury.

It seems that this website will do the trick: https://usaddressgenerator.com/randomaddresses.html

Although it does make you choose a state first.
The only place named after a Hyatt I respect (Thaddeus Hyatt) is a ghost town ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyattville,_Kansas )
If you have any books about John Brown that don't suck (doubtful but otherwise maybe send along with notes if it's all propaganda) or otherwise of interest to them, please mail them to the nearest school (Anderson County Jr/Sr High School)
I found a particularly worn down book;
SpoilerShow

With the following pages about John Brown:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

You have one bonus point so you can add a maximum of one sentence to this book.

Also anyone else can turn in a bonus point here as well.

Let's say everyone who posted so far has one bonus point.

Ix has 1.5 bonus points because they took up my discord challenge to call me out of my BS, but it was a half-hearted attempt.

You can turn in your point(s) now or you can save them for round two.
https://archive.org/details/historyofslavery0000susa is it?