The Grand Tweet II: Finished

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Impatient wanted to run a battle, but he had a terrible attention span. Suddenly an epiphany; enforce a time limit! 7 hours would be OK.

It's a grand battle but each post must be less than 140 characters, also each round will last an hour.

Aside from that you know how grand battles work. It's like that. No reserves though because seriously.

Here's a profile, each section must be no more than 140 characters long. Don't sign up if you aren't going to be available for the next few hours. Dependant on signups this will either be starting in say fifty minutes time or an hour and fifty minutes.

Name: Your character's name.
Race: Your character's species.
Colour: The colour you'll post in.
Weapons/Abilities: What they fight with or what they can do.
Description: Quickly describe them.
Biography: The abridged version of their life.

DUE TO AMENDMENTS WE'RE HAVING FOUR HOURS TONIGHT AND THEN THREE HOURS TOMORROW.

Characters:
Willow Smith - Woffles SHE WHIPPED HER HAIR BACK AND FORTH TO /DEATH!/
Bob The Pen - Solaris CAUGHT IN A SPACE DRACULA FUNKSPLOSION
Baskerville - Lankie/Pharmacy REDUCED TO VIRAL VAMPIRE DUST BY THE NEGAHARPOON
Brad Rhododendron - Jacquerel THAT DAMN NEGAHARPOON AGAIN ON ITS WAY TO A LIZARD WITCH'S BRAIN
The Great Wizard Loquacious - Dragon Fogel
a. poet - TimeothyHour BURNED AND BLINDED, HE BEGGED FOR DEATH AND THEN GOT IT IN A DEAD FOREST
Winde - AgentBlue DIED IN A NEGAHARPOON AND PENSWORD COLLISION EXPLOSION
Conway Delore - Cyber95 HIS BIGGEST NEGAHARPOON YET AND IT BACKFIRED ON HIM
RE: The Grand Tweet II
So much fun. But I won't be here. Looking forward to watching the results though.
Name: Willow Smith
Race: Human
Colour: yo
Weapons: She whips her hair back and forth.

(not a real profile, this is a momentary reserve)
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Woffs I dare you to integrate Willow Smith and her hair-whipping powers into your legit entry.
(06-24-2012, 07:18 PM)btp Wrote: »So much fun. But I won't be here. Looking forward to watching the results though.

OR WILL YOU

Name: Bob The Pen
Race: "The Pen"
Colour: #JUSTICE or #0000CE
Weapons/Abilities: Ink powers of Justice and Bob Utility Belt
Description: He is a giant Pen in a cape and cowl and his name is Bob, also The.
Biography: He lives in Penland and his entire family died at the hands of Nep The Bob, he took the species of his enemy TO FIGHT FOR REVENGANCE.
aw solaris you did read my autobiography! I'm so happy!
Name: Baskerville
Race: Human jerkface
Colour: This fetching shade of pink #FF1493
Weapons/Abilities: He can create up to 99 perfect clones of himself. Except they are all made of glass.
Description: Neon pink t-shirt, super skinny jeans, generic hipster look
Biography: Baskerville was a hipster douchebag jerk. Then he found out he could make clones of himself. So he casually started taking over the world.
Name: Brad Rhododendron
Race: Walking Plant
Colour: #DAA520
Weapons/Abilities: Photosynthesis. Pollen. Perambulation. Polygamy. One resident Parrot (a pest named Percy).
Description: Despite the name he is actually a walking tree with sunglasses. He doesn't have eyes or fingers. Fortunately only nine feet tall.
Biography: Brad really digs plants and hates wooden furniture and small, tree-dwelling mammals. And birds. And insects. And fire. He's pretty grumpy.
Name: The Great Wizard Loquacious
Race: WIZARD (okay, human)
Colour: #098765
Weapons/Abilities: Amazing magic, needs lengthy incantations.
Description: He is a wizard.
Biography: He studied magic for a hundred years.
HOW COME TIMES NEVER HAS THE CAPABILITY TO POST IN THINGS FOR HIMSELF? FIFTY FOUR MINUTES!

Name: a. poet

Race: irrelevant

Colour: black is fine thank you

Weapons/Abilities:
Prose, only prose,
In a sea of lyrically-twinged morphology,
Twisting world to word
and
bend

Description:
Tall, wiry,
Sticklike arms,
hanging,
from an eye made of glass,
and a mouth
of bronze.

Biography:
What word matters
but the one
written?
Okay so some people are having trouble being here for this so the deal is we cut it in half. Four hours tonight (in approx forty minutes time) and then three hours tomorrow starting from the same time we started tonight.

Come on people!
That would probably be for the best. I would like to sleep eventually.
FIVE MINUTES. WOFFS WHERE IS THAT PROFILE. AT THE MOMENT YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY AS WILLOW SMITH.

ALSO TWO OTHER PEOPLE WOULD BE NICE.

WHOOPS FOUR MINUTES NOW. I WAS PRETTY SURE WE'D MEET THIS DEADLINE.
okay quick straw poll who supports we go ahead with this as is?

who supports that we hold off till unspecified point in the future (tomorrow night or maybe next weekend) to give people time to notice this and then be here?
I'm pretty generally free so honestly I don't mind whether we wait or not, most days are convenient (except Wednesday)
I, as an non-participant, say go on with it! let it garner support when people see how fun it is, and get excited for Grand Tweet III.
I'm fine with waiting a day
okay everyone seems to be pretty fine with waiting till tomorrow, so this gives woffs just under 24 hours to write a profile and me the same length of time to find another couple of people who want to participate.

i am excited about this i want it to be awesome.
Name: Winde
Race: Anthropomorphic force of nature
Colour: #305090
Weapons/Abilities: Wind powers! Duh.
Description: Windswept hair, scarf and long coat!
Biography: And then one day the North Wind was taken away.
On times, keep us updooted, I'll be away Tuesday to Thursday afternoon >_< (which is Thursday morning to you, non)
Okay tomorrow and then tuesday (9PM GMT 25th June (10PM BST)) there will be the Grand Tweet II. If you can't make this time then I am sorry. It is really not possible to do this to please everyone and someone in the future could maybe do something at a time that better suits you who knows?

We have six (Solaris, Lankie, Jacq, Fogel, Times, Agent) with a potential seventh because Cyber is interested. If we can't find an eighth i will improvise.
Name: Conway Delore
Race: Human/Skeleton
Colour: #7766AA
Weapons/Abilities: Really, really good at sleight of hand, misdirection, and general cheating. Also has a harpoon.
Description: Fisherman casual outfit. Rather boney. Suave and manipulative. Hates losing.
Biography: Cheated in Vegas extremely well. Got barred. Became celebrity cheater. Died. Cheated death, came back to life. Continued being famous.
looking forward to this. The grand Tweet was the only grand battle I read (because I am a terrible human being)
I'm pretty sure this most likely wouldn't work for me. But good luck to you all.

EDIT: 5 hours later..

[Image: EXPUGl.png]
RE: The Grand Tweet II: 20 MINUTES TILL IGNITION
Boyd that is wonderful.

It is almost go time; hang on to your hats.

Unless Woffs decides otherwise in the next eight minutes she is Willow Smith.
RE: The Grand Tweet II: LESS THAN TEN MINUTES
"Kill each other." The Impatient said. "Don't hang around!"

Suddenly they were in a haunted mansion with ghosts and other scary monsters.
RE: The Grand Tweet II: LESS THAN TEN MINUTES
Bob The Pen looked up to see that HOLY SHIT HE WAS IN A MANSION! He was mad because he JUST HAD his enemy, Nep, cornered! "I WANNA PUNCH!"