This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stabs
Schazer Wrote:One fat bastard who was sleeping right beneath the observation point sat up maybe three times the entire day to have a scratch. He did not otherwise budge from his spot.

I am certain your entire paper could consist of the activities of this creature in similar language described here.

"the itch-reliving propensities of new Zealand fur seals, especially that one fat bastard under the observation point"
(03-26-2012, 05:55 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Hiimdaisy is the author of Cucumber Quest??!?!?!?!?!?!?

my mind is like

asploderated you guys

READ CUCUMBER QUEST ALREADY EVERYONE JEEEEEZ

THERE ARE SO MANY REASONS TO!!!!

I DO NOT ADORE THIS WITHOUT REASON
SOL MAKES GOOD POINTS

ALMOND IS THE BEST CHARACTER

IF I DIDN'T ONLY USE PHARMS PICTURES AS MY AVATARS I WOULD TOTALLY JOIN IN ON THE CUCUMBER QUEST AVATAR HIJINKS

I DON'T KNOW WHY I AM SHOUTING
I actually read through it yesterday! It's quite likable! c:

e: Oh lord my avatar is bright on this computer. Is it always like that?
interrrrrrrrnet why do you have to go out
why why why why why
s i g h

man, i had something else to say here but then I forgot!
im just going to leave that first part in the text box while i figure out what it was

nope dont remember :x
if it's about cucumber quest I just finished reading cucumber quest
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
This is gonna be the thread where we talk about Cucumber
NO IT IS THAT I GOT MY PAX EAST ENTRY TICKETS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ME TOO

FUCK YREEEEEEEEEEEAH
You mean your badge?
Boy, I sure hope I don't see you there, Solaris. And it would sure be hell if we shared a room.

Good thing that's not a thing that's happening in a week.
[Image: BR5aX.gif]

TOO BAD
I AM TOO EXCITED

TOOOOOOOOOOOOO
EXIIIIIIITEEEEEEEEEEED

SO CLOSE
SO
CLOSE
Looks like you're more excited for The Muppets DVD that was released of Tuesday, March, 20, 2012. The 3-disc combo pack of which contains the "Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made", "Disney Intermission", "Scratching the Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney's The Muppets", "Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song", "A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through", deleted scenes, and audio commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin, and Nicholas Stoller bonus features, along with the theatrical spoof trailers and a digital download of the soundtrack!!!
Alternatively, the excitement is over theinquietude tumblr
So the fire alarm is going off and I'm not going anywhere because it's really cold outside.
Beep Beep
Those seem like two problems that will solve each other
If I die, I'm dying warm.

e: It was just a drill, and apparently no one cares if I leave anyways because cripple privileges.
Beep Beep
I don't understand how the world, let alone America, is surviving. Was political speech always this empty? Listening to Santorum, I don't think I've heard quite as many contradictions in one sitting before - and the worst part is even though I know he's pushing all the buttons, you can't help but somehow root for the death of soldiers in an increasingly unpopular crusade and the death of the dispossessed?

At the risk of inviting horrible flames and debates, are people really this stupid? ;~;
Without wanting to wade into political things I don't understand I have to come on and say 'supes i want your tumblr name'. Incidentally I'm on as Ixcaliber and I mainly moan about Mass Effect 3 if anyone finds that particuarly appealing.
Without having any prior knowledge with what you guys are talking about, both because 1) that YouTube video doesn't load on my phone and 2) I've been getting all of my news from snippets in patients rooms and The Onion, I'm going to pose the question:

Guys why aren't we running the world here? I mean, here we have a group of talented and positive individuals who despite a lots of differences have always managed to maintain or return to an atmosphere of team friendliness. The listening ear and thoughtful responses that seem to come so readily here is something, i think, the political world desperately needs.

Of course, this isn't a serious question. It's more of a prompt. I mean seriously, running the world how dumb.
(03-30-2012, 03:17 PM)btp Wrote: »Without having any prior knowledge with what you guys are talking about, both because 1) that YouTube video doesn't load on my phone and 2) I've been getting all of my news from snippets in patients rooms and The Onion, I'm going to pose the question:

Guys why aren't we running the world here? I mean, here we have a group of talented and positive individuals who despite a lots of differences have always managed to maintain or return to an atmosphere of team friendliness. The listening ear and thoughtful responses that seem to come so readily here is something, i think, the political world desperately needs.

Of course, this isn't a serious question. It's more of a prompt. I mean seriously, running the world how dumb.

Too much power in the hands of too little; too many of which have too little heterogeneity of opinion.

Also, for every reasonable person on the planet, there are a hundred unreasonable and unconvinceable ones, and that's a hundred more votes to the reasonable one.

A person is smart. Humanity is goddamn stupid.
I can just about run a message board but I don't think anyone would willingly submit to me as world dictator for life
Sorry, I guess that was a more of a "how can we individually improve the world around us" sort of question, not meant to be considered in an actual practical light. Like, if we tried to apply the tenants of team friendliness on a larger scale, how would that individually impact our worldview. Just calling humanity "a bunch of idiots" does little to aid a personal appreciation for the situation of others. That sort of flippancy tends to be what people despise on a political level.

If you saw everyone in your community as being on the same teamship, how does that change your view of things?

Actual plans for world domination werent really what I was going for, though that would also be an interesting avenue to discuss.
(03-30-2012, 05:10 PM)btp Wrote: »Just calling humanity "a bunch of idiots" does little to aid a personal appreciation for the situation of others.

But if you say "everyone is a bunch of idiots nothing will ever change" then not only do you no longer have to give any serious thought or effort to changing things (there's no point!), you also tacitly place yourself in that small section of humanity that ISN'T a bunch of knuckle-dragging neanderthals. Misanthropy is an immature way to take the easy way out of developing a real worldview and deigning to forge social relationships; that's why if you ask the average teenager who they hate most, they'll tell you "Everyone, man! Everything's fucked up and people are all stupid animals!", but if you ask the same of an adult who's lived in the world for a while, you're likely to get a lot less "Society!" and a lot more "Jenkins from accounting!".

Even that kind of person, regardless of their age and how long they've clung to their childish dismissal of the entire species as gluteocartographically challenged, doesn't really mean it. The ones who do are sociopaths. Not many people really internalize the whole philosophy of hate; they'll say "everyone is stupid" and "stupid people need to die", but they probably won't say things like "Let the AIDS crisis in Africa keep going, it's only killing the morons who are stupid enough to believe ointment made out of shit cures AIDS". It's just a way to place themselves on a pedestal and rationalize inaction, not a genuine seething disdain for everyone they see on the street.

It's especially prevalent now, I think, because of how much our society has shifted from valuing technical skill and physical prowess to valuing intelligence and reasoning ability, coupled with the rise of mass communication and relaxing of social mores that made it pretty tacky to express that sort of opinion. Everyone wants to think they're the smartest, and it's a lot easier to go on thinking you're the smartest when presented with contradictory information than to do the same with being the strongest. Maybe this whole paragraph is full of shit though; it's hard to really know what things were like in the past without having been there, but I'm well aware the fifties weren't actually Leave it to Beaver any more than the nineties were The Simpsons. It just seems like it's become a lot more acceptable to be a pseudo-misanthrope now than ever, and in fact there are social pressures that encourage it, especially in our youth.

That's why I don't hate everyone, I just hate everyone who hates everyone. It's way more mature, and makes me better than them.
Rick Santorum came this close to calling Obama the n-word, for those of you that don't know.

This is gonna end his campaign and — oh, wait, no major news networks or sites are reporting it.
He's lucky its Friday

Daily Show and Colbert Report are gonna have FIELD day