We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
I figured out what it wants, but I can't be arsed to actually get there because it's a game that simultaneously begs for you to think about things carefully, and yet has a timer that's moving faster than the skill level I'm starting at.

ofc this could be a plot to make playing antichamber actually look enjoyable
Yeah, kind of the point is to figure out everything yourself... I like it, though, it's fun managing to find the next area to go to. I can never get more than one key, though, so I probably haven't even experienced the whole thing, so look at me, acting like I'm an expert~

i mean i guess i AM the expert among us, anyway, seeing as how i'm the only one who could stand to play it for more than like 10 minutes

anyway, I guess if you can't stand the way the game just drops you in and expects you to figure out the game by yourself, then... okay. *shrugs*
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
I like the idea but the actual mechanics don't feel controlled enough to satisfy me, it tries to bill itself as kind of like tending some space garden but then you do kind of have to rush everything and then there's a frustrating element of chance
I don't think it realises its goal very well
I gave up when I finally made a course between the first key and its lock, and then when I jumped down it didn't scroll and I just fell off the bottom of the screen and died.
oh, don't get me wrong, i'm okay with zero context

it's just that now that i actually know what the game wants (only so many things you can do, and obviously going down doesn't do anything, so...), i don't expect it to be as fulfilling as what i'd have to do to get satisfaction

you can't just stick anything behind a vague curtain and call it a thought provoking game
to be honest I don't think it was ever supposed to be "thought provoking" in the first place
the premise of the game from the very beginning of its development was "growing your own platforms"
the cryptic poetic aesthetic that blankets the game is pretty much just what droqen does with most of his games.
I like Probability 0 a lot, play that instead
is this real life

edit sometimes some things deserve to be posted to more than one thread
I have to pay them for me to work for them

What

Other than that the whole novelty isn't even that entertaining. Eh.

Now if Charles Barkley were to sponsor a game though... that would be just slightly more entertaining.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
i got as far as imagining who would pay for beta access

and then i scrolled down and saw that they ripped off the aesthetic from street fighter

SpoilerShow
Aaaahhhh, Bomberman 64 was one of the first games I played as a kid. It's still something I would consider a favorite, although my opinion of it has changed a little over time.
Probably about a year ago, I showed the game to an online friend like "hey, lets both get the rom and try to race eachother through it!" and... I think we got to the first Blue Resort level before our lack of understanding how to get all the secrets in the game started really bugging us. So he looked up some videos showing how to get the Gold Cards and costume pieces and it seriously seems like Hudson designed certain bits of the levels with the intention of using crazy speedrunner tactics as the Actual Only Way To Get The Secret Items.

SpoilerShow

I still love the game, don't get me wrong, but I've also still never managed to get to the secret bonus levels.

I also have to agree, the levels do look really nice despite the low poly count. I'd be pretty proud of myself if I could 3D like that.
But...but...invincishroom...

(I liked the arcade game for that one)

the potential was kind of wasted last time, but i blame being reliant on xbox live for that one

let's see some real action this time, guys
Frog Fractions 2! (?) (?!) (!!!)
i vaguely remember the author saying that they would feel bad if anybody paid for the first game

disclaimer: game will not actually be named frog fractions 2

[Image: 7rPm7.png]

[Image: 7rPD6.png]

[Image: 4a7887378e4fae9b2d3837eca7577881_large.jpg?1393571169]
i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the game was released before the kickstarter

i would be slightly surprised if the game was released before frog fractions
Having read through the kickstarter several times, I couldn't even figure out what Frog Fractions was
so I played Frog Fractions
and I still don't know what that was
[Image: xwldX.gif]
cool news from some of my friends about steam greenlight:
Burrito Galaxy is greenlit!
Momodora 3 just got on greenlight so go vote for it!
yayy videogames making their way
Cool, i remember watching you play Momodora, it was neat.

(03-18-2014, 05:13 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Whoops sorry I was almost interested in a cool looking game for a second there Japan I'll get back in front of my bedroom mirror sorry

God damn that is frustrating. Same reason i couldn't continue playing VJ2 (at least Silvia was pretty irrelevant on the first game). To be "fair" though, Wonder-Pink is like a glorified version of Bayonetta, so it's not like they made her specifically for the game... maybe, not like it matters that much. But goddamn is she and everything that she represents lame.
their decision to lead with momodora 3 puzzles me but it looks delightful

This is pretty interesting, Cosmo is great.

I think i say basically a lot because of him.

If you don't know what this is about watch his run at AGDQ13, it's my favourite speed run video ever.
Eh, the four-digit number isn't displayed anywhere outside your profile. It's basically just a way to make sure that people who want to add you as a friend are actually adding you, whether the name you've picked is popular or unused.

As for the quality of Diablo III, I can't really think of anything pertinent to say, other than that it got repetitive pretty fast for me (though I'm hoping Adventure Mode does something about that), and that if you're going into it expecting Diablo 2, only better, you'd be better off playing Path of Exile.
the witch doctor's new skill is summoning a pit of piranhas

AND IF YOU ACT NOW WE'LL THROW IN A FREE CROCODILE
I will provide a second opinion that the game's a lot less garbage since the patch
I just like shooting ice beam labors.