We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
I might be remembering it wrong, it's been a while, but didn't they basically leave wild pokemon levels the same as in the original game too?
Like, I don't think it would have broken anyone's immersion too much to give us some level 40 wilds to fight with our level 50 pokemon rather than level 16 ones

Especially when it didn't stop them from putting Gen II pokemon in the grass
Uh I don't think anything stopped you from doing them in reverse order if you wanted to (except Blue, but honestly fighting him second from last is how it should be). Landing in Vermilion City makes sense since that's where the pier is, but after that go run off to Seafoam Island for all the game cares.
the latest innovation in being terrible people, now live

you could run bets on how far they can get before it becomes impossible to proceed
The person running it said that if the Safari Zone proves totally impossible they'll look into doing something about it. P sure that's all she said about helping it along though.
That is the stupidest thing ever.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
This looks pleasingly bonkers. Lead a mob around ancient Greece and beat up every mythological figure (including the gods).

I dig the art. Gameplay looks a bit like Pikmin.
I bought Earth Defense Force 2025 on release day yesterday. It is awesome, I am having so much fun flying around and shooting bugs with a lightning crossbow.
Guys, so that new Strider game on Steam. I don't know anything about it but it looks kinda cool, i mean it looks just like Strider 2. But i'm afraid it will be terrible judging by the latest Capcom titles. Do you think it's worth checking out?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
the two best friends played through an hour of it and it was pretty good stuff plus at that point is when the game Really Opens Up so unless the game shits itself after that it seems pretty good and fun
So, how about that new Humble Bundle?
Picked it up last week, despite already owning Dust: An Elysian Tail and Antichamber.

Guacamelee! was loads of fun; I really enjoyed my playthrough, and I'm probably going to end up getting that third costume out of El Infierno and the last few Orbs in a while. The combat system felt a bit like a fighting game, but with fewer button inputs, and I loved the way the combat skills were used in platforming.

The Swapper was...well, to be honest, it's a little underwhelming in retrospect. As a puzzle game, it's phenomenal, but as a story, it felt really lacking. Spoilers below.

SpoilerShow
That Humble Bundle, yes. I just got it. I already have Monaco, Fez, Antichamber and The Swapper, so if anybody wants some of those they should let me know.
Monaco is a super fun adventure in stealing and being stealthy and then getting caught and panicking and the mole blowing holes in the wall in a desperate attempt to escape and why did you die there do you know how hard it will be to revive you in that spot and oh shit dogs and WE GOT ALL THE GOLD RUN TO THE EXIT

co-op stealth where it's just as fun getting yourself out of a sticky situation
Is anyone enjoying Starseed Pilgrim?
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Dang why is it so hard to give away video games
because everyone here likes video games
so we all bought them already.

you need to find people who don't like video games and give them video games. that's just common sense
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I'd be happy to take Antichamber off of you's, kumu.
Awesome okay, that leaves Monaco, Fez and The Swapper.
(02-27-2014, 03:27 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »because everyone here likes video games
so we all bought them already.
I don't have a problem

I CAN STOP WHENEVER I WANT
[Image: 76561197978639938.png]
My friendslist has 14 people who own Monaco, and yet I still can't find a team to clear out the last 4 missions...
Personally I'm not a massive fan of FEZ, but that's mainly just because I'm not into cryptography.
I love cryptography and some of those puzzles were still stupid
The fact that FEZ managed to win even a single award is proof positive that gaming journalism is broken beyond repair.

If you really want to play FEZ, just watch the trailer and listen to the soundtrack once or twice. That way you can quickly see the few decent pieces of the game without suffering through any of the horrible platforming, boring puzzles, or nonstop backtracking that makes up the other 90% of the game.
Okay, but don't say you weren't warned.
Quote:Hyperbole (/haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή hyperbolē, "exaggeration") is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

Hyperboles are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect. As a literary device, hyperbole is often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered in casual speech. An example of hyperbole is: "The bag weighed a ton." Hyperbole makes the point that the bag was very heavy, though it probably does not weigh a ton.

Go right ahead and play the game if you really want to, I don't actually care.
Someone mentioned Starseed Pilgrim earlier, and...I don't want to play it. At all.

Maybe it's just something with me and the way my brain works, because I see a pretty respectable amount of praise for that game, but...I just despise games that can't be bothered to give the player anything significant to work with.

Admittedly, I only had the game open for about three minutes, but that just really doesn't seem like anything resembling a good way to begin a game. If I get the basics, if I am taught the fundamentals of the game's core concepts, I can begin testing out different combinations and configurations. I can get right to the experimenting with a minimum of fuss. However, if I don't get to know anything, I spend my formative minutes within the game world simply learning how to do entry-level things. My mind begins to get locked into that pattern, and I end up being actively hindered in any efforts to figure out the cool stuff.

It's not fun.

(Incidentally, FEZ does this too, but to a lesser degree.)