This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
When it gets down below 10 (Fahrenheit) and the windchill is inevitably like, -10... it basically involves wearing multiple layers of Everything and covering your face with scarves or etc and peering through the tiny gap between, hoping you don't have to walk into the wind. Stay indoors or bundle up! Lotta people with cars and connected garages here. In the city... well, take a bus and hope you don't freeze while waiting for it. That one day where it was -25 with a windchill of -60, I was holed up inside all day, thankfully.

You'd probably get A Big Ol' Scarf as a theme item. I'd personally go for Gauntlets of Fire or something, for no other reason than to keep my hands warm Melonspa
Straya is on fire and it's the wet season.
Holy crap, guys. HOLY. CRAP.

(okay, badly timed, but still. earth-shattering.)
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Wow, I can't bring myself to care about that even a little bit. Maybe I'm lacking context here, but what makes this so "earth-shattering"?
Well that’s a nice way to put it....

But actually HF&J is... was... kind of a big deal in type design. They produced quite a few typefaces aimed mostly at finer publications. One of the ones you can find all sorts of places is Gotham; it was used extensively in President Pantsonfire’s election campaigns.
Ssso? Typography is really only saliently important to the kind of Internet Typography Snob who uses it as a way to be superior to people and graphic designers who, let's face it, have lots of options within the world of extant typesets and likely have other designers in any case. Even if these two hugely contributed to the body of fonts, calling them The Beatles of anything seems really hyperbolic, and earth-shattering, borderline nonsensical.

It's shitty that a dude allegedly screwed another dude out of a whole lot of money. The ruling here might be of some interest to people with interests in corporate ethics or precedent. But, uh, I can't really see how this affects... basically anyone else.
I’m not sure I am ready to continue this line of discussion if you’re just going to get snider.
Well, it's possible that aligning yourself with one font or another might cause a factional rift between Hoeflerians and Frere-Jonesites, leading to an all out typographical war. This polarizes news agencies as they attempt to side with one faction or another, as well as any medium that uses text. Vital territories are seized by both sides: Frere-Jones takes ahold of the world's closed-captions systems, while Hoefler manages to gain control over all the stencils in the world. Soon, no message created in Hoefler fonts is allowed to express pro-Frere-Jones views, and vice versa. The stifling of free information causes the factional divide to deepen. Redactionist worms are released into the internet and military police are dispatched to illegal use of fonts on either side, while the free use of them ascends to higher and higher classes. The world becomes a dystopia.

Personally, I like Agenfont.
You're right, I'm being unnecessarily snippy. That wasn't really called for. My central thesis remains, though: this seems like a very trivial thing for anyone to be upset about and I don't understand what about the situation merits attention.
Debatable? lincoln-douglas style debate. 5 rounds, no holds barred, no hoagies bartered, straight laced gloves throw down right now now ow
west side
top side
If you want suggestions on what to buy from them, here's my recommendation.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
(02-01-2014, 09:40 PM)Ed Wrote: »If you want suggestions on what to buy from them, here's my recommendation.

Frig, I can't decide between a Deadly Premonition print or a bird shirt.
Mike's got a Gender Bird hoodie, and it seemed pretty quality. Looked good.
(02-01-2014, 09:02 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »They also seem to have a lot more good original designs than stolen artwork. If you like graphic tees, you should consider giving them your money!

Y-yeah, I remember hearing about Redbubble stealing art to use for themselves before. Even if they only stole one design, I wouldn't give them my money anytime soon.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Ahh, you're probably right. I probably read something wrong somewhere, and I can't find anything saying the people behind the site are stealing fanart (rather, regular users stealing fanart, like you said.)

Okay!
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
im lucky in that, about half of the people i talk to on skype are going to type out what they were saying if we started at the same time which is good because otherwise we would have these weird reverse Mexican standoffs where both parties are eternally waiting for the other one to start again
I have sometimes left garbage text in there, leaving the other person hanging for hours while I sleep on the keyboard.
i think my steam chat is bugged cause this happens as soon as i start typing something even when the other person isn't actually paying attention
I write slow and lots. You can typically assume whatever I'm typing is continuation of a thought from five minutes ago, and that I'll pause for sometimes a half-minute in the middle. I'm not waiting on you! I'm waiting on me.

One of the advantages of the textual medium is that data is not lost as the conversation progresses, so I typically don't worry as much about carrying a tangent through. I understand that conventions of normal conversation are hard to shake, but when it comes to text chat relay I won't mind if you talk over me. Because, strictly speaking, you're not.
My IM doesn't show when other people are typing, even when I have it set to show that. (???)

But even if it did I am in the same boat as NTA, I still treat IM chatting more like, I dunno, chatroom chatting. Sometimes you have to scroll up when there's lots of talking at once but that's fine.

Mostly I get told to stop typing they are busy saying something and trying to participate in the topic is a big no-no.
They’re not interruptions! They’re out of order conversation packets.
the best part: you have to manually update it or else your computer will spend eternity in memory eater land oblivious to any actual patches
I did the thing and chrome is already behaving so much better. What the hell, skype
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]