We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
(09-05-2013, 06:03 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Charizard but BLUE and he's SPIKY and WAY STRONG

so he's garchomp
Personally, I'm just hoping that Mega Ditto or Mega Unown will be a thing.
mega prof. oak confirmed for brawl
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
i honestly love mega pokemon because of how stupid and silly and five year old it is mostly because im a total sap
W-wait is that Blastoise

for real?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
ALL OF THEM ARE FOR REAL

EVERYTHING MEGA POKEMON IS SO HILARIOUSLY REAL
Calling it now: fusion evolutions for 7th Gen, only usable in multi-battles
Wonder Pokémon powers, activate!
[Image: tumblr_msoj5zX4Qk1r09gfvo1_1280.gif]

Pokemon, you're tearing me apart.
IIRC from my years long ago in the MegaMan fandom, X5 is widely considered the worst of the series.

...or maybe it was X6, I forget :L
(09-06-2013, 02:30 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »I would like counter-nominate the above as the best gif.

Great, now i have the best gif, funniest question and the funniest thing on the entire forum. I'm proud of myself.

Capcom didn't have any interest in ending the series to begin with, so there you go. Gotta milk that cow.

I re-played X4 recently and i agree about it being great, the cheesy cutscenes just make it more charming. I couldn't play 5 or 6 after it though. The Megaman X collection is a pretty great thing.
Oh man someone else who likes 8. I just found the game to be surprisingly good and fun to play with most of the weapons having use outside the designated boss fights, and I appreciated how the PSX/Saturn's higher resolution allowed a wider field of vision and play than, say, 7 or MM&B. It's one of the few (the only?) non-NES MegaMan games I've played more than once.
(09-06-2013, 03:38 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »The localization of X5 that renames all of the mavericks as members of Guns N Roses is particularly loathsome, but I can't fault the developers for that.
Guns N Roses had more than two members?????
(09-06-2013, 12:27 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »Calling it now: fusion evolutions for 7th Gen, only usable in multi-battles
this already happened

SpoilerShow
The only reason I like 7 is because its sprites are familiar to me

I've never actually played it
Good thing mega evolutions are entirely optional I guess. Maybe if I don't use them at all, I'll forget they're even there! Hahahahahaha...
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(09-06-2013, 12:27 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »Calling it now: fusion evolutions for 7th Gen, only usable in multi-battles

Fusing two Diglets creates Digdug, which has a procedurally generated sprite that adds another head for every Diglet fused with it.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I don't see the inherent terribleness in mega-evolution actually. I know a couple of the ones we've seen look dorky and not every pokemon gets a mega, but if they could patchfix that last part I'd be superstoked for it. I'm more excited for megas than I am for fairy type at any rate.

(Disclaimer: I was a pretty big Digimon fan as a kid.)
The Mega Evolutions could be terrible. They also could be good. I'm glad they're actually trying to shake things up a bit, even if their execution will probably be flawed as hell.

Also how exactly is disliking 7 an unpopular opinion? From what I can tell it is universally the most hated of the classic games.
To bring this to its inevitable conclusion, my personal preferences for the games in the classic series go:

3, 8, 9, 2, 10, 5, 6, 4, MM&B, 1, 7

I really like the sliding but don't like what the charging did for the game so 3 kinda was the pinnacle of the franchise for me :L

(plus I may or may not have had a crush on MagnetMan as a kid <_<)
I don't know exactly how fair I am with 6 vs 5, since as a kid I had 2-5 for the NES and played them a bunch and wasn't even aware of 6's existence until I started looking into a lot of things on the Internet.
am I the forum gramma
Pretty sure we have older people.

I really want to play MM8 now that i've heard you guys gush about it.
Hey now, kids today aren’t too young to have an NES as a kid; I even know a few people where that’s the basic gameplan to raise little gamejutsu masters.

yep, I’m old enough to know people who seriously have to consider such matters.

SpoilerShow
Also: Many places in Not-America never got official releases of videogames until very recently, so release dates are kinda irrelevant; my dad's family owned a collective NES in my grandma's house and there's where i played the vidjas for the first time.

So, the only way for me to play MM8 right now is to get the MM Collection on GC. I guess i'll pirate it first to see if it's any goo- OH SNAP OH SHIT Trog Demands Blood!RaaaaageTHIS USER RECEIVED A PIECE OF MIND FROM THE MODS REGARDING THE POSSIBLY MALICIOUS ALLEGIANCE WITH THE PIRATE HIVE-MIND AND THE REPERCUSSIONS OF SUCH BEHAVIOR SUCH AS THE WEAKENING OF AN IMAGE OF A CERTAIN BRANDRaaaaageTrog Demands Blood!