Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
Woooo money. Buy some drugs or something.

Where's is pharmdrugs when you need it?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
i got a job

finally

:3
Congratulations!

Is it a good job?
(08-05-2013, 07:57 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »i got a job

finally

:3
Ooh, what is it?
(cleaning)
Yaaaaaay
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
SpoilerShow

Aww yiss.
Just put down the security deposit and rent for my new apartment. It ended up costing ~$900 less than I thought it would.
agennn~~!!!!! <3
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
I got A*A*A* in my A levels, which means I meet my offer of A*AA with class and style.

I have no fucking idea how I achieved that seeing as I was a complete wreck during my final exams, but excellent.

(I also got a C in Critical Thinking but nobody cares about that anyway.)
You should try holding a scope lens. Make you more likely to have critical thoughts.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
My bike got fucked up, but the problem was so easy to fix that I was out of the shop in five minutes and didn't have to pay any money.

Also, I'm going back to university in only two days! My boring-ass internship is over, and soon my boring-ass job-that-actually-pays will replace it, just as my despair-from-missing-my-ex will be replaced with despair-I-haven't-found-anyone-new!

(I actually am legitimately excited about going back to college, though. And fairly optimistic about my job prospects.)
Yay!

Details?
ROGER
(08-15-2013, 08:20 AM)whoosh! Wrote: »I got A*A*A* in my A levels, which means I meet my offer of A*AA with class and style.

I have no fucking idea how I achieved that seeing as I was a complete wreck during my final exams, but excellent.

(I also got a C in Critical Thinking but nobody cares about that anyway.)

Congratulations! Straight A*s is a fantastic achievement (screw Critical Thinking indeed), and you more than surpassed what was a bloomin' high offer in the first place. That's somewhere pretty top-class, presumably?

On a related Good News note, I nailed the A* I knew I was guaranteed in Further Maths and then only went and got another in Additional Further. My unit marks were completely topsy-turvy (76 in M4, 98 in M5? In what universe did I manage that?) but it really doesn't matter; main thing is, I'm not-so-patiently awaiting my confirmation letter. Better late than never, hey?
Thanks Sruix! I'm going to Durham University, which is decent enough. Russell Group and all that. I've never actually been there because it's so terribly far north but it sounds fine at least.

Congratulations on getting the grades you needed! As I recall getting denied entry to Oxford last year was as a result of some first class bullshit, so it's good to see that's been cleared up. I hope you enjoy it! :D
Hah, Durham was my insurance last year! I could've ended up there quite easily, and I reckon I'd have been pretty happy with it. Not that I ever ended up visiting either (too bloomin' far north indeed, says the guy who can see the Channel crystal-clear if he walks five minutes down the road), but it received ringing endorsements from friends who were there and I wasn't terribly sold on Warwick. It's definitely a good place to go!

Last year's failure was equal parts persnickety bullshit and personal fuck-ups, but if anything it's worked out better. St. Peter's is already feeling nicer than St. John's, and I'm more certain on what exactly it is I'd like to do. I'm sure I'll enjoy it and I hope you do too!
I got paid!

Pretty sure I got underpaid.
HOBBESY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE KITTY
My university was adopting out kittens from the feral cat colony on campus, and I got one. Her name is Lucy and she cries when I'm not in her line of sight.
Yaaaaaaay <3
Oh John Moses Browning she's rolling around my room and purring. My cat is too cute help I can't ;_;
Mom gave me her brushes to borrow for my painting class.
They're nothing special by themselves, a 4 and an 8 of some synthetic material, stiffened by dried paint and bristles mashed so you can't tell if they started as flats or filberts. But they were hers when she was painting in college, and she's always been a bit protective of them.
I feel like I've been entrusted with a great treasure. <3
~◕ w◕~
yeah, when babeh animals make noises because the human they imprinted with isn't there it's too damn adorable
[Image: tumblr_msas3ybQtS1r0bbyho1_1280.png]
whoo