WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D3: Nobody started the bomb
Originally posted on MSPA by crepuscularDissembler.

yeah same Pala

also
Quote:Deadline is Saturday, Feb 9 at 5 PM EST.
and we're still not lynching anyone currently I think so uh yeah
Originally posted on MSPA by TehPilot.

i took my pants off before it was cool
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
Originally posted on MSPA by Boogeyman5870.

ohholyshitwhatishappening

I picked a great time to commit to posting a bunch of reads huh?

Fair warning. This is the worst rainbow readwall thing ever. Ever. I have no idea what is happening. I started these as regular reads, but my sleep meds are hitting me pretty hard at the moment. I have no idea what's going to come of this, but it kinda seems like it fits with this game.

Paranoia - Not at all a fan of these typing quirks. Drops in sparingly with big reads and accusations obscured by quirkiness and is then gone again.
Solaris - Cop cleared! Almost certainly not scum. My theory yesterday was 3p, and I'm not convinced that's not the case. Completely unhelpful to anyone regardless of alignment. Also adds about 1000000x more fun to this game, and got ice cream night one while being roleblocked.
Ixcalibur - Has extremely similar shenanigans to Solaris, but they don't have a cop clear. Lynching Ix would provide some insight as to what is happening in Solaris' slot.
TehPilot- TehBusdriver. Not perfect, and his role's sudden quirk out was pretty weird in particular. Almost certainly town with Tea's flip though. May have the magical ability to always drive a kill.
konec 0 - Helpful, active, and probably town.
crepuscularDissembler - Pretty helpful in general. Townish with solid reasoning in most places.
anacreon - Wrestles bears. If I were trying to make sense out of flavors and things in this game I would venture that since we are stuck in the woods and we have multiple kills running around, the bear could be an SK. There could also be no bear. Either way I really don't see whatever the hell this role's purpose is as being scum.
cuttlefishCuller - Giving out sketchy suicide ice cream? What? 3p probably.
Namboto - Cop with no cc as of yet, and I have to assume that would have happened at this point.
Mirdini - Helpful when around and you can decipher his shenanigans, but also disappears into the mists far too often. Maybe a ghost.
Boogeyman5870 - Love this guy.
Palamedes - Super active and is trying to do some town crap.
absoluteCertainty - Being saved solely by that cop claim. That no lynch thing was the worst, but I also don't see scum doing something that dumb. Another possible 3p or something. WHY IS EVERYONE A POSSIBLE 3P? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Whatever. Probably town as much as I don't want to admit it.
curiousCat - It's cat. Who knows. Mildly helpful some of the time and then gone the rest.

So that was a barely coherent mess of awful. Nice.

Vote: Ix

Hopefully something less terribad tomorrow.
Originally posted on MSPA by Mirdini.

Boogeyman5870 Wrote:TehPilot- Almost certainly town with Tea's flip though.
why?
Originally posted on MSPA by konec0.

and then game pretty much stalled for 20 hours

GOOD SHOW.

Re: Bigfoot possibly being a conspicuous role: I don't think I've played in a game with such a role, but it certainly is possible; seeing who visits my target ISN'T usually a part of my role, so.

OK to first of all, to recap, here is the list of claimants so far (this isn't new information by this point):

1. Paranoia - Voyeur(? unless i have forgotten what a voyeur is)
4. TehPilot - Busdriver
5. konec da man - Roleblocker
8. no hard feelings anacreon. - Bear Wrestler Miller
10. cuttlefishhhhhhhculler??? - Ice Cream Giver
11. Namboto the roboto - Cop
15. absolutely berrururururu - Watcher

pretty much everyone claimed or implied they were town with the possible exception of cuttlefish, who I don't think ever said anything about alignment.

which leaves us

2. Solaris - ?
3. IXCALIBUR - ?
6. crepisculalaaaaaaa - ?
12. Mirdini genie - ?
13. Boogeyman5870 - ?
14. Palowmedies - ?
16. the not dead curiousCat - ?
18. Agent 1022 - ?

Out of these 8, we have:

1) Vig/SK (accounting for the second nightkill)
2) Another roleblocker
3) Misdirector?/Disguiser type thing?/ w/e the person who's responsible for beru seeing me instead of para N1
4) Somebody who gave Mirdini bad vibes
5) Bigfoot??

of these 2-4 are likely scum.

Refer to cD's charts for nightaction shenanigans.

------

SO. Anyway. Our options boil down to a) going after a claimant or b) going after an unknown. Re: a) there's really none of the claimants I really want to lynch at this point. The possible exception is cuttlefish, but her ice cream helped Solaris achieve his wincon??? I'm still really suspicious about that possibly-explosive gelato she gave Pala, though.
like seriously
but we can figure this out after someone else gets ice cream tomorrow, I guess.

Re: b)
Solaris is supposedly copfirmed so unless someone has evidence as to godfather!Solaris... I don't think we're going after him today.
Don't want to lynch Mir; BAD VIBES guy is likely to be scum so I don't think they'd target one of their own.
Not comfortable with lynching seedy or pala either, considering they've been pretty consistent contributors.

That leaves me with Cat, Boogey, Ix, Agent.

@Cat: Most of your votes D2 were peripheral to the ongoing discussion (you voted for Solaris but hopped off in favour of seastorm, and then hopped onto Ix near dayend.) I might add that those votes were made without much justification. What's up with that? What are you thinking now, and who would you want dead the most today?

@Boogey: Agent's not in your readwall. What's your opinion on them?

@Ix: Are you still quirking because HGNNNGNgnnGNGNGNNg. Do you even have a quirk? I'm not sure! Of the 8 unknownrolepeople, who do you think is most likely to be scum?

@Agent: Who do you want dead? If you had to pick one, who do you think is most likely to be scum out of Pala, cD and myself?

oh yeah @Solaris if you could pop in and say useful things that would be great

also one thing DOES bug me a lil' about the claimants and that is info roles up the wazoo holy shit
Originally posted on MSPA by Paranoia.

I JUST KIND OF SHRUGGED AT THE INFO ROLE THING.

VOYEUR IS FAIRLY WEAK INFO IN OF ITSELF. I'M MORE BOGGLING THAT THERE IS A WATCHER OUT THERE THAT APPARENTLY ISN'T A COMMIE PINKO.
Originally posted on MSPA by Palamedes.

1. Paranoia - Voyeur: Him or bears
4. TehPilot - Busdriver: Him or Catboss
5. konec da man - Roleblocker: Him or Pilot
8. no hard feelings anacreon. - Bear Wrestler Miller: Cool guy
10. cuttlefishhhhhhhculler??? - Ice Cream Giver: MURDER
11. Namboto the roboto - Cop: Also cool
15. absolutely berrururururu - Watcher: Her or Para

bears vs. Para ends in Paravictory because he's doing shit all the time (while being weird) and yeah bears is smugging it up. Her being godfather could imply other scum watcher or lawyer or lie. Mental note Para and bears could both be scum counterclaiming to salvage shit? Would rather look at:

Pilot vs. Catboss which is harder because Catboss has been so town but Pilot defended Tea. Probably Catboss over Pilot though? Need to sleep on this but I want people to comment on these (basic) counterclaims. And people can't say 'no this is Malkyfia they can both be town with those roles' because THIS IS MALKYFIA DO YOU THINK SHE WOULD BE BORING ENOUGH TO PUT BASICALLY THE SAME ROLE IN TOWN TWICE???

konec0 Wrote:also one thing DOES bug me a lil' about the claimants and that is info roles up the wazoo holy shit
I still ship beru/pilot scumteam OTP

actually Vote: TehPilot

like why is he town again? do we have ANY evidence that he actually drove who he said he drove?

Okay yeah sure there's lying partytimes too and Pilot hasn't posted at alllll you hiding bro?

Vote: Pilot

hnnnng that's right godfather!beru could collaborate with a scum watcher. i'd forgotten that was a possibility

Pilot is... his claim can't really be proven?? but we don't really have evidence that he didn't...
guess i'll have to go back and look at Pilot's posts again.

Just like

town roleblocker + town busdriver is just

too much. And Malky wouldn't be so boring.

konec0 Wrote:hnnnng that's right godfather!beru could collaborate with a scum watcher. i'd forgotten that was a possibility

Pilot is... his claim can't really be proven?? but we don't really have evidence that he didn't...
guess i'll have to go back and look at Pilot's posts again.
or pilot bussed the check off of watcher!ru though thing is a possible thing

*both things are possible things
Originally posted on MSPA by crepuscularDissembler.

hmm, maybe? keep in mind that as of yet we have no idea what kind of ~supernatural prowess~ the mafia may be gifted yet, so it's hard to figure out to exactly what level the game is horrifically unbalanced
I can see Pilotscum from a purely how-he-acted standpoint (I did want to lynch him earlier and also when he was Sanzh), it's just his nightaction choices that make zero sense to me as a scum busdriver...
(really though Pilot, if you're town then maybe you should just quit screwing around at night for now...it makes things even weirder than they need to be)
not to mention...is claiming to save a townmember really something scum would do? ok, maybe scum in it for the long con...but Pilot really isn't that kind of player, I don't think?
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

cuttlefishCuller Wrote:Ice-cream should have more eees and probably a tilde as well, like Iceee-creeaam~ so that people know it is delicious and that they should eat it immediately without any fear of consequences. Didn't nice things happen to Solaris huh? Don't you want to be like Solaris? I think Palamedes is saying he disapproves of your choices in life Solaris. For shame Palamedes, for shame.
this is going to be important tommorrow morning when no one is going to be in the house and i can prepar to blow you all away
Originally posted on MSPA by absoluteCertainty.

twoscumteams.avi
[Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif]
Originally posted on MSPA by curiousCat.

absoluteCertainty Wrote:twoscumteams.avi
nope.jpg
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Okay Real Talk time.

I don't particularly like mafia as a game. I like it as a concept; the concept of interesting different roles and working together to try and find out who the scum are and get them lynched or alternately hatching devious plans to misdirect and kill town as scum. The concept is something I really like, but in practice what that amounts to is people tediously sifting through and analysing every word that anyone says, pouncing on anyone who might want to show a bit of personality outside of the 'scumhunt' mentality and just generally being insufferable.

Sometimes i forget I hate mafia as a game, or i get drawn in by the interesting flavour (or by the fact that a mafia game is set up to be crazy and fun (blatant lies)) and then I end up in this situation where everyone is like 'oh Ix isn't conforming to how things are done' clearly he is scum and getting lost in reams of highly subjective analysis being treated as though it is incontrovertible truth. Any inclination I might have had to try and work out who is scum and who is not is gone because at the moment I pretty much hate all of you scum or not.

"Why not replace out then, and let someone else, someone who might even *gasp* enjoy playing a game of mafia, play in your place?" You might ask. And yeah that is a pretty legitimate question. But the thing is that I think I have fucked up enough behind the scenes that I kind of don't want someone else to know how shitty I am at this, and yeah, this is pretty irrational because when the game is over everyone will know how terrible I was at this anyway. I think the mentality is that "I've made this bed, I should be the one to have to lie in it" and also did I mention that I am stubborn because I am so fucking stubborn.

"Is there a point to all this?" you might be asking, or you might be saying "Shut up Ix and let us lynch you already". Well I will soon enough just be patient. The point is that my quirk in this game, sorry, one second, my 'quirk' was that I wanted to enjoy myself and do something that I found to be fun. Which I know understand is something that is to be reviled and treated with suspicion. Fun? In a Game? Bah what utter nonsense, right?

So, sorry konec0 but I don't actually have any opinions on anyone in this game, unless you would like me to gauge how fun/unfun they have been to play with so far, but I'm guessing that you could care less about that right?

Now before everyone gets the lynching rope ready you ought to know that I am town and I do have a useful role, or well I might have a useful role. In theory it is, but I've been told it is ineffective 90% of the time, but I'm suspecting I have been lied to. I don't honestly know because by this point in the game I don't honestly care.

Long story short: I'm town, I'm useful (at least in theory), I'm terrible at mafia, I guess I'm okay with going through my role and actions if people want that or whatever, I'm probably going to be lynched for this, I don't care.
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

konec0 Wrote:@Agent: Who do you want dead? If you had to pick one, who do you think is most likely to be scum out of Pala, cD and myself?
hum

humm

really tired

...okay i stared at that for about ten minutes

can i take rain check

i really

nned to sleep

but it is

here is my notice

that i am awkae

awake

yes

i can spell

hooray
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

ix let your mafia fun spirit run free

I actually had no problems with Ix.

Ix I do want to hear your opinion on people's fun levels I value it.

EBWOP: Actually at this point I'm actually fine with lynching people on the basis of them being boring and uncool because what the hell this game. Make a convincing case of how they are far more unfun and lame then Pilot and you might have my vote.
Originally posted on MSPA by curiousCat.

konec0 Wrote:@Cat: Most of your votes D2 were peripheral to the ongoing discussion (you voted for Solaris but hopped off in favour of seastorm, and then hopped onto Ix near dayend.) I might add that those votes were made without much justification. What's up with that? What are you thinking now, and who would you want dead the most today?
I voted for who I wanted dead at whatever point I wanted them dead? I never really have much justification for my votes, I vote frivolously based on gut feelings and junk.

I don't know. Pilot's busdrivings are, like, totally true and all, but does that make him town? That's a hard question to answer. I certainly wouldn't mind him dying but I think Agent is actually more likely to be scum.