Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MURDERFIA: WOOP ZOOP IT'S CLOBBERING TIME
RE: MURDERFIA: DAY 2 (42/67)
Vote Potato
Potato Vote

[Image: eTHDPSu.png]
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
I'm just posting to say that I could and would post, in case later someone thinks I couldn't have posted on D2 for some reason, but I have absolutely nothing to say.
Care for a drink Chwoka?
Or a boombox? Look, even I don't know where I got these from, so they're probably fiiiine. Made of flavour most likely, but we need some to get this sweet-ass rave started.

Seriously, handing 'em out like t-shirts at a political convention. Any takers?
(04-04-2013, 10:48 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »>Examine door, paying close attention to the lock

(04-04-2013, 05:08 PM)Pinary Wrote: »> Stripem'n: Examine door latchy thing.

[Image: murderfia%209.png]

(04-04-2013, 06:23 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »Always something behind the poster

(04-04-2013, 09:10 AM)Epamynondas Wrote: »> Stripe Coat Person: Rip poster off the wall.

[Image: murderfia%2010.png]

[Image: murderfia%2011.png]
(04-06-2013, 04:24 AM)No Lynch Wrote: »Or a boombox? Look, even I don't know where I got these from, so they're probably fiiiine. Made of flavour most likely, but we need some to get this sweet-ass rave started.

...Fuck it gimme one
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
(04-05-2013, 11:56 PM)seastormjt Wrote: »I could just... Not... Visit people (I mean that's what I was planning to do since I don't particularly like killing roles)

((And on that thought I'd really love to survive since I want to poke the phonebooth and whatever else we have tomorrow))

Speaking of which, Whoosh, what was it?

Also also I'm a girl :)

[Image: SAD-CAL-FAN.gif]

I can't understand
I am very upset the striped shirt person did not acknowledge or take to heart my insult to it.
Very upset indeed.
(04-06-2013, 12:14 AM)Granolaman Wrote: »I'm still against lynching someone who infects, and thereby kills, anyone who they visit or are visited by. If anything, everyone who's virused should claim to keep people from targeting them while we slowly kill them with potatoes or lynchings. Assuming I continue surviving, I can totally help out later guys yup yup totes don't kill me.

Yeah I'm not finding that suspicious at all in the slightest uh-huh, yeah, no

You can't help people while the virus source player is alive why, exactly

Furthermore, if people actually listened, it could be beneficial for people who don't want to be killed in the night to claim being virus'd, which is inconvenient

On top of that there's no way to be sure you're not the viral epicenter tryin' to shift attention away from yourself, which, admittedly, there's a touch of paranoia there, but that last bit reeks of "hey guys I'm gonna be useful at some indeterminate future point, don't kill pls"

Which, y'know, I can sum my views on that particular turn of phrase quite nicely:

Unvote; Vote: Granola

Unpotato; Potato: Seastormjt

With that out of the way, on to actually important business:
(04-06-2013, 04:24 AM)No Lynch Wrote: »Or a boombox? Look, even I don't know where I got these from, so they're probably fiiiine. Made of flavour most likely, but we need some to get this sweet-ass rave started.

Gimme one-a them suckas, I gots me some bitchin' tunes

[Image: MyJam_zps68362bdb.png]
(04-06-2013, 06:23 AM)Not The Author Wrote: »
(04-06-2013, 12:14 AM)Granolaman Wrote: »Don't lynch this gal
FINE WE'LL LYNCH YOU INSTEAD

Ladies and gentlemen, the long-awaited sequel to OMGuS

FWeLYI
I thought I'd already established "I can totally help out later guys yup yup totes don't kill me," but I guess if you feel the need to reiterate it be my guest.

And while I would love to cure the virus this very instant if the viruser is still alive then that just means more virus'd people in the morning thus rendering all my hard work moot. I'd really like to take it all out in one go instead of spending the rest of the game being the "vaccine guy"

And since I'm positive I can handle the virus situation once the culprit's dealt with, and since I don't know whether or not lynching a plagued victim will afflict the mob, and since I would very much like afflicted people to claim without fear of being lynched, I will continue advocating not lynching seastormjt.

Vote: NTA for sneaking in that middle rephrasing that completely clashes with both my intention and his case against me.
Hm? Oh! Oh, no, I know what you meant. I'm just saying that's what the outcome will probably end up as, is all.

No, I'm not nearly as trusting as you to have people just sit tight while we... hangle things. Somehow. I'm cynical. Change "we" to "everyone else" if you like. The point remains.
Handle! I meant handle. Not hangle.

Hangling will probably manage to happen anyway.
As someone actively opposing the sharing of information to mitigate the spread of infection by suggesting we lynch any who step forward, I accuse you of being The Virus
Just letting you know that those of us with low post counts in this thread couldn't have used night actions.
You need to have, or at least I needed to have 5 posts in the thread to use it. As of right now with this post, I have 2.

So just quickly toss those of us mia people off the whole we did the virus thing.

POtATo:oTAtOP
VOTE: VOTALS

*pulls up a lawn chair and falls asleep*
What

Granola, no

I'm not suggesting that we kill people who step forward, I'm stating that it is a probable outcome, as evidenced by posts #1220, #1224, the exchange in #1248 #1250 and #1252, #1260, and #1262. Or at least that was what I had managed to convey to myself. Something probably got lost in translation while I was assuming that people had made those same assumptions.

What I suppose I should have done is come at it from a completely different angle, but if I do that now you can claim I'm backpedaling (which is only true inasmuch as I'm taking a different stance1 ) but I've managed to trap myself wherein if I say that people shouldn't kill off virus victims, you can still claim I'm "The Virus" because keeping the infected around is exactly what The Virus would want.

1I've never actually advocated the killing off of the envirused, except implicitly wherein I just potato'd them. However, I intended it only as a precautionary measure in case someone fucks up and she ends up spreading the virus anyway. Furthermore, everyone's so focused on potatoing TehPilot that there's minimal chance that my "gift" would manage to do anything.

The more I participate in this conversation the more I regret having started it in the first place.

[Image: GetMeOuttaHere_zps424e39c2.png]
First off, I finally got off my lazy ass to hunt down the virus rules from Teafia:

SpoilerShow

As of this point, Seastorm is virtually useless to the Virus. No one is going to visit her, and she isn't visiting anyone either. The most the Virus can hope for right now is that we waste our lynch on her instead of some other healthy potential infectee. The Virus is actually in a bad spot right now since presumably Seastorm is the only person currently infected. With 23 otherwise healthy corpses laying about out there, the Virus needs to infect almost everyone still living to achieve their wincon. At the current rate of death, and with the current freedom of information, that's pretty much downright impossible.

Sruix may have overreacted about the threat of the virus in this game. The virus is a problem when people need to visit other people without killing them. Since that situation applies to a very small percent of the playerbase, the virus is thus actually a very small problem.

NTA: Your insinuation that I'm trying to divert attention off myself, your paraphrasing of my post implying the systematic murder of the infected (and then denying any such allegations), and your sudden suspicion of my skeeviness only after I directed my attentions toward the virus problem all point pretty heavily toward you being the Virus who's trying to kill the guy who might be telling the truth about fixing everything.

However, the Virus (you) is already doomed, and I'm making the mistake of taking this game too seriously. You get to keep my vote while I divert my attentions elsewhere. Everyone else can lynch or daykill you as they see fit, Imma watch a rap battle and plan some night actions. Here's a sneak peek:
SpoilerShow

Seastorm: for the sake of completeness, who did you target last night?
oh so the virus doesn't actually kill anyone?
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
Only kills someone if someone with the virus visits someone else with the virus, in which case the person being visited gets killed. Since practically everyone's a killing role, the effect is fairly moot.
No, yeah, I have been super dumb as late and readily admit that

I would ask, as The Virus, what exactly you expect to happen to me, but I imagine I'll just get killed in the night or some such

Ah well, I'll try to help anyway

Jacquerel, Amosmyn, Seastormjt. Since it's D2 there should only have been a single instance of infection. All of these people would have had to be in the same room: either they all visited the virus, or they all visited the person the virus visited (or they were that person). Give or take anyone who has yet to speak up about being the virus. Barring bussers who may or may not have changed peoples' targets (I don't know how busdrivers work). Barring Other Thinfs.

But yeah, you're on the right track. You keep at it an' you'll get that sneaky Virus sooner or later. Anyone else infected like to speak up? That be great.

Oh! Speaking of speaking up - Whoosh, are you feeling alright?
Image credit Samifer

遊びは終わりだ! (3) - Anacreon, Pick Yer Poison, seastormjt
Boogeyman (1) - Btp
btp (3) - No Lynch, Akumu
GeneX (1) - SounlyParanoid
granolaman (3) - 遊びは終わりだ!, Sruixan, Pinary, Not The Author
No Lynch (1) - Seedy
Not The Author (1) - Granolaman
Palamedes (2) - Airey, Epamynondas
seastormjt (4) - GeneX, Crowstone, Whoosh!, Elize, Cyber95
TehPilot (3) - Palamedes, Coldblooded, Agentblue
No Lynch (1) - Mathgirl277

Abstaining: Anomaly, BestTeaMaker, Bigro, Boogeyman, Chwoka, deadcrystal, Doodley, Fragowump, Leafsw0rd, Luneix, Malkytop, Mehgamehn, Mr. Arsenic Nog, myw, Piester, ProfessorLizzrd, Seawyrm, TehPilot, witterBeetles

Deadline is offish in 84 hours as of this post

Airey (1) - Airey
Crowstone (1) - Crowstone
deadcrystal (1) - Deadcrystal
Seastormjt (1) - Not The Author
Sruixan (1) - SoundlyParanoid
TehPilot (7) - Granolaman, Sruixan, Mathgirl, Whoosh!, ProfessorLizzard, Cyber95, Akumu, Epamynondas, Coldblooded, Palamedes, Mehgamehn

Abstaining: 遊びは終わりだ!, Agentblue, Anacreon, Anomaly, BestTeaMaker, Bigro, Boogeyman, btp, Chwoka, Doodley, Elize, Fragowump, GeneX, Leafsw0rd, Luneix, Malkytop, Mr. Arsenic Nog, myw, No Lynch, Piester, Pick Yer Poison, Pinary, Seawyrm, Seastormjt, Seedy, TehPilot, witterBeetles
Put phone back in: Phonebooth

The experience is certainly not one I can recommend. To phrase it lightly.
The Operator Operetta

Whoosh replaces the phone on its cradle. The phone begins to ring.
Well, we have at least three doctors by my reckoning (just remembering killing doctor roles from Quarantine) so it should be simple enough to put a stop to these shenanigans.

......Man, that ringing phone sure is sorta irresistible...
ANSWER THE PHONE I WILL DO
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]