We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
I have a friend's PS3 collection on my list (except for a few games that I bought, like Ico/SotC Collection and DMC4) because I have access to them pretty much 50% of my time and still gonna play them.
[Image: tumblr.png] [Image: signature.gif] [Image: sig.gif]
Yeah, I only really count ROM hacks because they are things that I want to get around to doing. I'll make an actual tally of games that I legit own at some point, I guess.

Also there's quite a few games you can get for free, like Eversion (go play it) or Portal (or at least, it was free with my computer).

I mean, I guess I'm stretching the definition of video games a little bit by including freeware, but it's like cyber said, I can use it whatever way I wish. I don't think I can get booted for adding ROMs, but to be sure, I'mma check.

EDIT: All it really says is that the site is intended to be used for video games only. And other common sense stuff.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
does the Clue VCR game count as a video game

it's a game

and it uses video
Eversion is a pretty neat platformer, if short.
Portal is... a pretty neat platformer, if short.
Portal is not a platformer!

Actually, i feel like the platforming in Metroid Prime is pretty similar and done better, but for some reason i keep falling off things in that game... i guess it has to do with the camera control.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
(03-16-2013, 05:44 AM)Ed Wrote: »Portal is not a platformer!
Man if precise jumps are a significant part of gameplay how is it anything less
I dunno isn't it more like a puzzle game? It doesn't require precise jumping as often and puzzling is the main feature of the gameplay so, in my mind, it's a puzzle game first.

E: Who cares.
Man it's called a puzzle platformer Ed
I stand by my pointless comment.
(03-16-2013, 04:35 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »does the Clue VCR game count as a video game

it's a game

and it uses video
[Image: cWDoVtV.jpg]

well what do you know
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Oh dear lord the Game Boy Player lets you play Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga in co-op mode.

Well, shoot, guess it's time to replay this game. Minion
Aw that sounded too good to be true. They should give the new one optional co-op :>

I hope you get to play it soon, it's really enjoyable.
Amazing Mirror's multiplayer actually seemed pretty pointless to me. I mean, it's not exactly a hard game, and having another person on the same screen, much less three other people, feels redundant. If they aren't on the same screen, you generally have no idea where in the gameworld they even are, nor do you have any reason to care.
It also generally wasn't my favorite Kirby. Not terrible, but not great.
(03-17-2013, 07:45 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Isn't it more just that every controller acts as the controller in port 1?

I still want to play it for the first time.

Well, yeah, but you have player 1 agree to only hit the Mario button, and player 2 agree to only hit the Luigi button. It's the best kind of co-op because it exclusively gets in the way!
Yeah, but there's not even that much "cooperatively" to it. It's just, you're killing one enemy and they're killing the other, and that's about it. And you happen to both be visible on the screen when doing it.
DISCLAIMER: I haven't actually done it multiplayer in forever. These memories are dim.
It's been a long-ass time but i agree with Dfaran, overall i didn't like Amazing Mirror much, it's just a super mess. Four Swords was a bit more enjoyable than that one and Four Swords Adventure's multiplayer is awesome. It's a shame that it's so inaccessible.
Turns out sharing an experience with people can be fun on its own regardless of whether or not it adds anything concrete :L

Edit: To make the post a little less concentrated dickishness, I'll add that the Wii versions of New Super Mario Bros. actually are harder and clunkier in multiplayer as everyone ends up bumping into each other or stealing items, but it's a lot more fun than single player I think.
I was talking about the versus modes, the co-op is nothing special. I did like the screen swtiching though, specially for versus mode, being able to hide in your own little screen in local multiplayer is really neat.
if you play co-op and you know it kill your friend *clap clap*
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Maaaaan. Don't even get me started on co-op killing.

I was looking so forward to Kingdom Hearts 358/2 because it meant I could play with my friends in co-op multiplayer. What we didn't know that friendly fire was totally on. The hardest part of playing wasn't the bosses, but just each other's flashy attacks. God help you if your friend chose Saix or Marluxia.
Trine is one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had, while it is possible to harass your friends, you need them to advance and it feels rewarding to do so. I agree that there's fun to be had in games like NSMB Wii3dsadvance if you play with friends, but that doesn't make the game good, it lacks substance and it feels like you're just messing around. I've had as much fun playing shitty neo geo games with friends
On the note of Kirby games, though, I always liked the 'classic' Kirby games in the style of Nightmare in Dreamland as opposed to the genre-experimental ones they're putting forward a lot; I may be overly nostalgic but controlling a ball Kirby flying everywhere with rainbow tracks just never said 'Kirby' to me.

(>^.^)>
I liked Canvas Curse, actually. It broke quite a bit of ground in terms of Kirby gameplay. Squeak Squad is the one I generally go to for """classic""" Kirby gameplay.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Kirby's Adventure was the first game in the series I could really love. The original trilogy just never struck with me at all.

Also, when talking about Kirby spinoffs, Kirby Pinball was a fantastic Game Boy game.
I wonder why his animal friends haven't showed up in any of the more recent games