We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
They're just nervous about going in to the third date :P
Yeah, kinda is. But that's when I start replaying Pikmin 2 or something.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
How's your 9-day Pikmin run coming along? I once tried an 8-day run but never managed to get the Distant spring entirely done in one day.
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
/salute

I... I might just have to try as well. My personal best is 11 right now which is not that great but if 6 is the ABSOLUTE minimum then it would be finally beating pikmin so bad I wouldn't have to wory about improving. In my dreams I would also have 0 deaths but haha I don't know the way to beat emperor bulblax without kamikazeing yellows at him :'(
Pikmin is one of the rare games where I found the reward for failure to be greater than the reward for winning.
So it's possible to blast off with no engine? That's pretty freaky.

I think my best is 15 days. I am not hardcore even a little. Still can't wait for Pikmin 3 though!
Yeah, this day challenge talk is excluding me from our lovely Pikmin conversation. I don't really remember my last run in Pikmin but I'm pretty sure it was more like 17 days... or more. I really don't play the game trying to beat it in a few days, I like to extend my game experiences!

yesss pikmin 3 yessssss
Pikmin 1 kind of caters to speedruns and high scores and whatnot, but yeah, I was much more leisurely with Pikmin 2 and enjoyed it more to boot! More time to goof off, explore, and amass an army of Pikmin? Yes please. That said I replayed it recently and tried to go as fast as I could and got 100% completion in 31 days? The best is 8 from what I can find on Google which makes sense with being able to explore several caves in a day but I get exhausted after some of the longer ones.

The Rock Pikmin are so cool gah I love them so much. Rock Pikmin and Yellow Pikmin are the best pikmins.
Wow, 7 days? That's even crazier. I'm tempted to replay either of the Pikmin...s again just to see how well I can do trying MY VERY HARDEST NO HOLDS BARRED [though I know I would need careful planning for anything legitimately fast, I am still not hardcore enough (would be fun though)].

As psyched as I am for Pikmin 3 I'm probably going to hold off on the Wii U for about as long as I did the 3DS. For one, I heard preorders were all gone nationwide, and for two, the games that actually got me pumped for the 3DS are finally starting to appear on the horizon, which will keep me busy enough until things cool down.
Supes, what are these magical Wii games that justify its existence for you? I have had mine extant, and expecting me to touch it once more but I am bored of what I have so I must disappoint it as it stares at me from my room, its sleeping, low light, glowing with ire and sorrow.
If you're asking for Wii recommendations you should tell us what games you have already!

[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Yeah, I haven't had too many games that make me excited for release lately... Pikmin 3 and that Paper Mario for the 3ds are the only ones I care about, and I don't want to buy a whole new console for one game.

Oh um superfreq you should add Rayman Origins to your list, just sayin'
(09-25-2012, 11:49 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »
(09-25-2012, 05:37 PM)Woffles Wrote: »/salute

I... I might just have to try as well. My personal best is 11 right now which is not that great but if 6 is the ABSOLUTE minimum then it would be finally beating pikmin so bad I wouldn't have to wory about improving. In my dreams I would also have 0 deaths but haha I don't know the way to beat emperor bulblax without kamikazeing yellows at him :'(

He's actually really easy if you know the trick. If you throw all of your yellow piks w/ bombs in one spot, wake him up, whistle them back when he starts drooling and then spam your entire army on him he goes down in one shot.

e: Interesting. It actually is possible to get the Positron Generator on day 1 (maybe), but getting any part as your first part ends the day automatically. A 5 day run is impossible.

This run goes into the menu and "goes to sunset" though, defeating the point of doing it in one day!

As far as Wii games go the only ones I like in my collection are Twilight Princess, Wario Land: Shake It and Geometry Wars Galaxies.

Twilight princess is the second most solid Zelda game I've ever played, in every aspect being "Awesome, but second to Wind Waker." The dungeons are your boring old Zelda (icy spice, desert spice, goron spice) but the twilight aspect of the game is fleshed out really well, though I'm in a bit of a minority when I say I enjoyed the light bug sections very much. Midna was a likeable companion (compared to what we've had to endure from Navi or Fi) who showed in every bit of animation and dialogue she got how she felt about tagging along. Zant was a great villain who actually bothered to get off his ass, and the only reason Wind Waker still has the upper hand in antagonists is because they just HAD to shoehorn Ganon in. There's not as much exploring to do as there was with Wind Waker (which was something I expected to see return when Skyward Sword was announced, too bad) but I was someone who liked how meaty Ocarina of Time felt, and disliked how close-packed its world was. Twilight Princess spreads out a little more so it addresses my dislike, but doesn't do much with the world it ekes out for you beyond the dungeons. Even Hyrule Town just played the check-out corner for a collectstravaganza.

Wario Land is Wario Land. I haven't touched a Wario Land game without enjoying it for days on end. The bosses though, eeaaaauuuh. Chortlebot will remain a vivid nightmare. It's too bad they took the great escape scenes from Wario Land 4 and kind of fucked them up, though. Levels are more linear compared to Wario Land 4, and the timer escapes boiled down to getting your boost from the start and not bumping into walls ever. Clearing the level up to the vortex-cage-replacement meant smooth sailing on the way back most of the time.

Geometry Wars gets a youtube video instead. I love it to pieces.

SpoilerShow
I feel like exactly half of all people say Skyward Sword's motion controls work perfectly, and the other half say it doesn't work at all. How is there such a divide on something that should have such a concrete answer as "Is it functional?"
I honestly had no problems at all with the motion control, the only thing wrong with the game was the omnipresent obnoxious tip fairy
Skyward Sword has a plethora of problems, a laundry list of laughable decisions

But the motion detection is pretty aight. Other than the fact that it became a game of luck whenever I had to fight Gharabadabbado and the Stalfos because it didn't read it perfectly due to the speed of which I was supposed to swing (It most certainly was not 1:1 Miyamoto), but for 90% of the game it did its job well.
Hey game companies, we know how much you hate piracy so did you ever think of maybe not making people in Europe sit around waiting for a digital product that people in America can already play?
When all of your friends are talking about this cool game that for some bizarre reason doesn't appear to be out yet, what do you expect people to do?
I really want Star Citizen to succeed. It looks fantastic, full of space and ships and all sorts of cool things; I just worry that it's such an ambitious project that it can very easily be disappointing when the final product isn't a supermassive black hole of awe-inspiring-ness.
if only i could play advance wars
(10-24-2012, 03:39 AM)Nopad Wrote: »if only i could play advance wars

SpoilerShow

o-oh
goin' try to run tales of symphonia with dorm members
Can someone just tell me if I can put the Wii U Pro controller into my computer and press buttons and have my computer know what buttons I'm pressing?
I would imagine there will be a way but as Nintendo aren't as interested in the PC as Microsoft and (to a lesser extent) Sony it will take some finagling.
It uses Bluetooth so it's only a matter of time before someone makes some custom drivers for it. Just not on launch day.
lol i'm on osx and i just want a nice dpad
Yeah who knows.

What is the standard budget for that kind of simplish indie games?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]