Answer the Question Above You

Answer the Question Above You
RE: Answer the Question Above You
Hot, sweaty, lots of game designing, studying, and possibly a part-time job as a Host.

Stone Golem (Might), Paper Dragon (Intellect), Snip Demon (Speed), Possessed Lantern (Luck), Kappa (Speed), or Pink Lady (Charm)?
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I want to say Paper Dragon but i always max out charisma so Pink Lady i suppose (is this from something?)

R2D2 or C3PO?
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
R2D2. No question.

What was your favourite stuffie (or if you have never had a stuffie, what would be the perfect stuffie, aka the stuffie of legends?)
Sig:
SpoilerShow
If by stuffie you mean stuffed animal, I was for some reason virulently opposed to the concept of owning stuffed animals. When a situation called for me to produce a stuffed animal, I would show folks this:

[Image: tumblr_o7nlp375Ik1r21i1co1_540.png]

motherfuckin triceratops koosh ball. The number of kids I brained with triceratops appendages in a well-intentioned game of catch probably couldn't be counted on one hand.

My current favourite is an unresolveable tie between the pillow-sized Wailord plush, or Largest Son.

What's your best weird personal anecdote involving a restaurant?
I don't have anything good but I work in a Restaurant and today I was inputting items into the cash and got stuck on 'french fries'. For some reason the button did NOT want to work. So I tried deleting it, which somehow made a copy, which made the computer freak out and crash. So I tried from the second monitor and deleted it, rebooted the other monitor, and restarted. I tried the fries button again, it seemed to work, so I put the thing in training mode and tried pressing it to see if the price matched the menu. Aaaand it crashed again. I did this a bunch more times until the thing full on spazzed at me. Then I couldn't seem to find the button anywhere. I got kinda fed up, redid it, still nothing but NOW the thing kept saying I had two buttons in one spot. Spot seven to be exact. It kept spazzing out with this error message about having too many buttons in slot 'seve'. I got really confused because spot 'seven' in the 'sides' section where fries should be was empty.

After some more fiddling the damn thing crashed again so I went to reboot it again when there, on the lock screen sitting on the number pad where the number 'seven' should be was the damn fries button.

Luckily our code doesn't have seven in it or I'd be in trouble but I was so done and really tired by this point I just started laughing.

If you had superpowers that involved glowing, what colour would they be and what body part would glow?
I would make my wrist glow green, no reason.

Give an answer to a commonly-asked smalltalk-style question without saying what the question was.
I'm fine.

Defend your favourite fiction genre.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I'm a fantasy/sci-fi guy myself, to the point where I won't read anything else, but people always seem to tell me that sci-fi is better than fantasy because it's believable and I'm like nahhh... fantasy is where it's at. I don't need hard science to tell me to believe in something. I just like the spirit of adventure that fantasy books have that can't really be found in real-world like books. And I like how it's an uhh... backdrop for the other genres. Like, you can have Fantasy romance, Fantasy horror, Fantasy thriller, etc. And the dragons. And buff orcs. Yeah, fantasy is where it's at. But no lie, science fiction is nice too because I feel like it isn't mutually exclusive from fantasy.

What is your favorite kind of sky for looking at?
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I'm sure the longest was actually waiting in line for a rollercoaster, but of course that was fun in the end. Really annoying to stand there all day, though, but I was in the mood to get thrown upside down multiple times so it was all good in the end.

Would you rather be trapped in Deep Space or in the deepest depths of the ocean? Assuming you have air for either option, and a ship/sub of some kind.
The ocean, because at least theres stuff down there to see for sure. Also i feel like its more likely for a rescue to happen :v

Do you have a standard cafe/lunch order?
I mean, if I go to a fast food place, then I just order a cheeseburger, but anywhere else, NO. It's a problem, too. I spend forever trying to figure out what to get every time I go somewhere.

If you could upgrade one piece of technology you have to a futuristic advanced version, which one would it be?
I mean, laundry machines. At the very least, a lint filter ought to scrape itself every once in a while.

What's your favorite combination of two colors that people don't really give a lot of credit?
Green and purple for sure. Those are the BEST colours. You can make em look real nice if you just get the right shades down

What's your favourite breed of dog?
Heck yeah, green and purple are one of my favorite combos too! I agree with everything you just said! c:

When I was little, my favorite breed of dog used to be dachshunds (did not expect to spell that right in one go), but right now I'm really loving pugs. Tbh though I wish dogs had never been inbred to that point. They make better cartoon characters than actual dogs.

What's something you thought you would enjoy and went into excited to try, but ended up feeling differently about afterward?
To be honest, I originally watched Avatar the Last Airbender because I kept hearing about Korra. I remembered the original show from when I was younger anyway, so I watched the whole thing through and absolutely loved it. Avatar: TLA was just so wonderfully paced and written, all the arcs came together nicely, it just really impressed me. So then I went into Korra with high expectations, and I wasn't exactly disappointed, I just didn't like it nearly as much as I loved the original. It's not a bad show, it's still good, it just wasn't able to replicate that feeling I got from the first series.

What's your favourite video game? It doesn't have to be 'the best game ever' or even the best in terms of graphics or anything, just a game that's special to you or that you personally like best
Tied between Portal, Portal 2, and FEZ. I really love these sorts of atmospheric mind-bending puzzle games.

Portal 2 had a much better story than I was expecting, with an incredibly emotional ending (especially for a game mostly about robots). It also had all these little musical easter eggs - all the machines would make tunes or rhythms and when they ran together they made this beautiful, ever-shifting ambiance.

FEZ is unbelievable. It's beautiful and the music is incredible, the only game with better music imo than Minecraft. (Although I think I may be the only person who legitimately likes C418?) FEZ also has so much hidden behind it. You could just go straight through the game and still enjoy it, but there are so many hidden objects and obtuse puzzles. If you pay attention, the game has a rich backstory, written in terms of geometry. It's candy to a math nerd. I'm at 170%, according to the game, but I still don't feel like I'm even halfway through.

What is a fairly rare but strange talent you have? For example, I can flex the tendon over my ankle walnut so that it makes a horrible (to everybody else) clicking sound.
I can stick my tongue in my nostril, spread my pinkie toes without moving my big toe, and I have a variety of weird sounds I can make with my mouth including bird-witterings, gargly rattles, a braying honk, and a persistent Grudge-like groan.

What non-vertebrate animal do you identify strongest with?
a human, with all their bones removed

Idk if I identify with, per se, but I really like Anomalocaris.

What is your favorite number of spatial dimensions, and what is your favorite shape in that number of dimensions?
Tessaracts are pretty cool, but I subscribe to there only being 3 useful spatial dimensions so Klein bottles get the pick.

What's your favorite forum game that no longer sees regular activity?
Tied between [City States 2 - Feuding Nations] and [Godhood: The Ages of Divinity].

What is your favorite egg preparation method?
Egg Drop. In soup. (If this doesn't count then Poached)

Reach to the left of you. What do you now grope?
Sig:
SpoilerShow
A tv remote! No wait.. A kindle! ....It has Game of Thrones on it!

Looks like I should charge it...

Nah, I'm just gonna set it back on the batgirl comic.

Reach to the right of you. What do you now grope?
OW!
My bookshelf.
If my aim had been better, it would probably have hit one of The Chanur Saga, by C. J. Cherryh, or To Say Nothing of the Dog, by Connie Willis. The latter of which is a wonderful book.
Instead, I just smacked into the metal pole that makes up the corner of the shelf. The moral of the story is that you should always look before you grope.

Who do you wish was reading this topic over your shoulder?
Exactly who is doing so right now (ie, nobody. I hate people reading over my shoulder, no matter what i have on the screen). If i really have to choose then S?chaz, because blah blah soppy ldr shit

How many animals are you within petting distance of right now (aka, how many could you get up and go pet in the next, say, minute).
The next minute? Aw jeez. There are two cats, Tofu and Barles, who I just fed their meal of cat kibble... And plenty of reptiles as well, as I'm right next to our reptile room. Our blue tongued skink Zuko (named after his one bad eye on the left side) would bite the shit out of me because he demands superworms, or at the very least, his rehydrated grub soup, so Idk if I could count him as pettable. Then there's Butter the ball python (pettable), Bowser the red eared slider (pettable), Alchemy and Puff the other snakes (too hungry), Granite the leopard gecko (pettable), and Peaches the scorpion (pettable, but I don't have the guts, so not pettable).

So 5 by my personal pet count.

How would you describe your perfect breakfast?