The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
Yep, me too.
petty but i'm mad and don't have anywhere to put this otherwise

SpoilerShow
To pair with Ixcaliber's rant (I got second-hand frustration from reading it. My sympathy is with you on that one.) here's my petty rant:

SpoilerShow
Use Paint.Net! It's free, but it's a lot more powerful. Having layers will save you a lot of work.
(12-04-2016, 04:54 AM)a52 Wrote: »Use Paint.Net! It's free, but it's a lot more powerful. Having layers will save you a lot of work.

Oh thank goodness this exists. All the other stuff lags because my laptop isn't that powerful, so I'm hoping this doesn't do that. I'm actually challenging myself to be a beast at MSPaint (because why not?), but this will help when I have to do something else that needs to be better quality. Thank you!
Dropbox Wrote:As a result, we’ll soon be ending support for the Public folder. Dropbox Basic users will be able to use the Public folder until March 15, 2017. After that date the files in your Public folder will become private, and links to these files will be deactivated. Your files will remain safe in Dropbox.

What this means is every image on this forum and anywhere else I've shared images, as well as every SquwakHawk/voice thing, will no longer be accessable to people unless I allow them individually.

Thanks Dropbox Team, you asses.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
It sucks a lot but is also totally unsurprising. Being a large scale image host is a completely unsustainable prospect.
Make sure that whatever site you migrate to, you're ready to find a replacement in 3-4 years too!
I'm assuming you can still link content from other folders though, can't you? I don't even have a public folder but I can still share content.
Shareable links from Dropbox don't like being direct linked (for the purposes of BBCode) quite so much as things in a public folder. They generally either take you to a download link or a page that contains the file and a bunch of Dropbox shit, rather than just the file.
Might be there's some way to do it regardless but it'd still require updating alllll of your old links everywhere.
You must be registered to view this content.
Yeah, that's what I've always done. It's a bit of a pain, but it works.
My first job application to Japan was turned down in favor of another applicant.

BUT you don't always catch your first bite. Some Japanese (or maybe Singapore or Hong Kong) students are gonna be getting a rad new science teacher next year just you wait.
Yearly reminder that Holidays are hell and i hate them
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
(12-25-2016, 12:49 AM)Infrared Wrote: »Yearly reminder that Holidays are hell and i hate them

complete agreement
I'm not feeling well.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
my life is slowly falling apart in ways i hoped i could avoid
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
when you've got the biggest goddamn friend-crush for someone but then remember:
  • meeting people sucks
  • you're mildly depressed and emotionally unavailable
  • you've got plenty of other relationships you're neglecting
  • you've got plenty of other projects/things to do you're neglecting
  • you're the kind of person who views relationship maintenance as another chore on your big daunting listglomerate of autofoisted horseshit
  • anxiety
Quote:you're the kind of person who views relationship maintenance as another chore on your big daunting listglomerate of autofoisted horseshit

finally, somebody puts it into words properly. i've been having that feeling for years.
Ah yes but do you feel this way about everyone? Not just acquaintances and people you have an obligation to maintain relations with, but people you're pretty sure you legitimately care about*?

Do you wonder whenever you do anything nice for anyone whether you're doing it as a genuine thing or just to stop yourself from feeling like you're two degrees of ironic detachment away from your feelings?

If so holy shit I'm sorry you've gotta deal with that, let me tell you it sucks five kinds of ass

SpoilerShow
(12-30-2016, 04:44 AM)Solaris Wrote: »my life is still slowly falling apart in ways i hoped i could avoid and some i couldnt avoid and theres nothing i can do other than hope things i want to happen happen and im ignoring so many things and it hurts so much

lol
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
it's like... I enjoy being with friends, I want to be with friends, but setting things up outside of school is so much work, too much work, and at the end of it I always end up wanting to hide in my room and not talk to anyone for hours. talking during school is 75% complaining about how tired we all are and 25% talking about games I don't play.

And I kind of want to get into some kind of romantic relationship at some point as well, but then I remember that hoooly shit I have no IDEA what that even really is, how to get into one and how to maintain one and how goddamn tiring it would be to have to deal with the same person all the time, even if you love them or whatever. what do people even DO when they're dating, anyway? it just seems like friendship with sex, and what's the point of that? do people actually like take each other to movies or restaurants or whatever? I don't know. I don't want to go through the effort of learning.

so in the end I just end up sitting in my room and pretending I have friends on the internet, because there I don't actually have to say anything out loud.
I don't even know any of you but you're still easier to talk to than the two or three best friends I've had for like five fucking years.

it's not even social anxiety. it's like I'm just hardwired to be a recluse
if these goddamn kids don't learn to chew with their fucking mouths closed i swear to god i will sew their esophagi shut.
I feel like a human garbage fire and like i cant do anythig right. Simultaneously really upset with/ sick of a friend and feel like everyone hates me because i cant be a decent human being
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
i wrote a really long rant here. like, so long it got past the point i think most people would even read in one sitting. but i kept going because i knew i was just doing it for myself, get it all out and all that. but then it got really personal and i figured i should just keep it to myself and save it somewhere else. the classic write an angry letter and never send it technique.

tl:dr, too much happening, health is pretty poor, work feels too much, free time too little, sex life completely lacking lately
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

One of the girls I work with said she had a dream where I was having sex with her. This isn't the first time this has happened with someone and I always find it really creepy when someone tells me, especially since it's usually a dream they didn't want.

I'm not sure why someone would tell someone else that a dream like that shocked them awake. Is it supposed to make me feel good that it terrified them or something? When I get creeped out they always get really bothered that I was too. The entire situation is terrible.