Pethenar
Qiklik
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta

SpoilerShow
RE: Interra Nex
Pethenar casts Fire Bolt on the edge of the wooden floor directly in front of Charles's corpse, hoping to cover the cabal's escape with a wall of flame.
[Image: IN14.png]

Pethenar fires a Fire Bolt at the floor, drawing laughs from several members of the mob.

[Image: IN15.png]

The floor catches fire!

Turn Order:
Qiklik
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar

SpoilerShow
"Great job you did there, Pethen. We're the ones on the wooden floor you decided to set on fire! Someone put it out!"
"Well, this will give us a chance to learn if we can outrun fire. Being not the closest, I'm just gonna go 'head and get to the door, if we're not gonna go 'head and kill the mage or anything...who, as an earth guy, could probably put out the fire himself, maybe."

Qiklik prances northeast.
"NICE OF YOU TO FORGET THAT I AM A FRIGGING PLANT MONSTER, YOU JERK" screams Amanita.
[Image: IN16.png]
Qiklik prances her prancliest.

Turn Order:
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar
Qiklik

SpoilerShow
Fire. Fire.

They had come for mother with fire. She was small. Grandmother had been teaching her...teaching her the art, the talent. Grandmother was burned. Mother escaped with a village boy, from the fire. Father. He urged her to hide to stop the art to stop her talent.

Deta shut her eyes and whimpered - but the heat of the fire warmed her face, light flickered through her eyelids like those memories, secrets had dredged from the past at mother's deathbed had slid into her mind without the petty resistance of an eyelid. Nor skin. Nor bone nor eye nor organ...

"W-what's this g-going to do? H-how is th-this going to h-help?" Half a sob, half a soft scream, half a tortured burning whimper.
Whoops! This whole time time I've been waiting for Somerled, forgetting to run the NPCs. Update to come soon, hopefully, but may be delayed until tomorrow evening.
(I decided having afterimages of moving NPCs just cluttered things; I'll only include them when it's ambiguous who moved where.)
[Image: IN17.png]
With the exception of an elf who was edged out by a mycolid, the crowd moves forward as one.

[Image: IN18.png]
The fire spreads!

Turn Order:
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar
Qiklik
NPCs

SpoilerShow
Deta bites her lip, eyes flicking from flaming flicker to mob and back, and back-
"Pull yourself together, lass! It's just fire. We've got another way out of here. No sense braving the flames."

Somerled moves east.
"Mm, fire's not looking so great. We'll see if it slows down the little slaughterlings."

Sparkles turns her attention to the bones at her feet.
"Why the hell would a WOOD elf take up fire magic, I swear to god that is just bad planning, bad planning indeed." Amanita mutters, her nerves clearly frayed. "If we get out of this alive or at least undead, I'll burn your forest to the ground, Peth, I swear to god."
[Image: IN18.png]

Somerled is now slightly less toasty.

Turn Order:
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar
Qiklik
NPCs
Somerled

SpoilerShow
Amanita fires an arrow at the human standing closest to the fire. "Deta, dear, you really need to get away from that nasty, horrible fire. Face disfiguring burns are so overdone and cliche."
[Image: IN20.png]
Amanita fires, scoring a solid hit on the man's shoulder; he survives, but is clearly far the worse for wear.

[Image: IN21.png]
Sparkles scoops up the bones at her feet.

Turn Order:
Deta
Pethenar
Qiklik
NPCs
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles

SpoilerShow
Deta takes a deep breath, and steels herself into looking at the blaze.

"D-damn right! Right! I-I'm not afraid..."

There is a sudden pop from the flames, which sends Deta scurrying southeast with a yelp.
(Why, no, I haven't been forgetting to adjust the images as people's movements have changed the visible areas. Why? And I definitely wouldn't have done it wrong when I went to fix it, in such a hypothetical situation. Twice.)

[Image: IN22-3.png]
Deta dodges the dastardly dfire.

Turn Order:
Pethenar
Qiklik
NPCs
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta

SpoilerShow
Pethenar moves southeast, and switches out his crossbow for his short sword. He studiously ignores the comments of ingrates.
Moving and weapon-switching are two things. You can only do one things!
Oh sorry for some reason I thought it was move and take an action, rather than or.

In that case just the movement. And the ignoring. Also I meant east rather than west.
[Image: IN23.png]
Pethenar ignores as hard as his sensitive elven ears will allow. And moves as hard as his sensitive elven legs will.

Turn Order:
Qiklik
NPCs
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar

SpoilerShow
[/quote]

Qiklik moves back, back, back towards the door in a northeasterly fashion!
[Image: IN24-1.png]
Qiklik retreats.

[Image: IN25-1.png]
Most of the crowd keeps pressing forward in spite of the fire, but a few opt to disappear around the sides of the house, either to retreat or simply to surround the cabal.

[Image: IN26-1.png]

Father Solmson casts a spell on the farmer Amanita shot, neatly healing his wounds.

[Image: IN27-1.png]

The fire continues to spread!

Turn Order:
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar
Qiklik
NPCs

SpoilerShow