Interra Nex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interra Nex
RE: Interra Nex
Pethenar calls out to Charles. "Hey, Chuck, bro, we're not devils! You and me, we've got to stick together. Elf power, right? So why don't you put down that crossbow, and we'll all just hit the road, and you'll never see us again."
"I vote we take out as many as possible, then those of us that can will reanimate the bodies and have them fight for us. But that's just silly old me..."
Sparkles frowns, unsure of whether she will see blood today. She guesses that Pethenar and Qiklik could hit the crossbowman from where they stand.

Sparkles looks at the rubble that was once the wall.

"When they are without range," she mutters, "we can force them into bottleneck at the wall."
"But you know, I totally wouldn't mind learning a little geurlogy...geurlology...? Anyways, if we kill the mage, I totally wanna see what spells I can borrow!"
(ahhhh, I blame planes *shakes fists*)

Deta whimpers. "F-father..." She tries to get a hold of herself. "Need to know..." As if in a dream, she aims her crossbow at Wokansin, the elf, the leader, the head of the mob- "You aren't him! You can't be!" She doesn't care that the mob may be provoked, perhaps mollified, perhaps enraged - all she knows is that someone has to die.

She fires.
Deta fires at Charles! Unfortunately, her arrow misses the mark, and lands well beyond the vicious playwright.

[Image: IN5.png]

Since I've gotten some questions (a question) about this, basic visual range is nine tiles, and the range of any ranged weapon is as far as your character's visual range is.

Turn Order:
Pethenar
Qiklik
NPCs
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta

SpoilerShow
"Shit!" Now that it's a shooting war, Pethenar knows there's no chance to come out clean. He stays where he is and fires his crossbow at Charles, hoping to neutralize the greatest threat.
[Image: IN6.png]

As the cabal began to flee, Charles had smirked; as they fought back, he had snarled with vicious pleasure, knowing they had lost the last ounce of their goodwill in the crowd's eyes; as Pethenar fired, he had laughed.

As the bolt slammed into his chest, he coughed blood – eyes filling with fear – and fell. Ten inches of iron did what the collective silent hate of mages for miles around Ordburg hadn't been able to do in a decade, and Charles Wokanskin died a brutal and quick death.

The mob recoiled for a moment, but leapt with renewed fervor in the space of a breath, howling not just with righteousness now, but with vengeance.

[Image: IN7.png]

Turn Order:
Qiklik
NPCs
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar

SpoilerShow
Welp, it was about time to run. But first, it was probably good to start arming for long-range fighting.

Qiklik takes out her sling.
Sparkles observes the method in which Charles falls sputtering to the ground with interest. The arc of blood spatter, the speed with which the eyes roll back in their sockets... They whisper the secrets of deaths yet to come.

Sparkles grins broadly.
"Oh.. That was rather... Anticlimactic. We really should have saved his death for the end. It could easily have been more dramatic. Does... Does anyone mind if I reanimate him so we can have another go at it? Give Deta a chance to overcome her daddy issues? Possibly have Charles struggle with the moral questions of his new unlife?"
[Image: IN8.png]

Qiklik switches her weapon; the crowd closes in, with the exception of one kobold who seems to be hanging back for something and Father Solmson who seems torn between grief and fright. "Stay back!" he warns his flock. "Let them flee and save yourselves! Demons' own hands guide their weapons as they do their actions!"

[Image: IN9.png]

Ari mutters something vaguely sinister and gestures with his staff towards Deta. A stone spear materializes and hurtles towards her, missing by inches only to disintegrate to dust behind her.

Turn Order:
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar
Qiklik

SpoilerShow
"Oh gods oh gods oh gods oh gods..."

Deta stares with horror at Charles' body, and then at her hands, which are shaking. She cannot shake the images at the back of her mind, threatening to rise like bile: secrets of death, of flesh already necrotizing, someones becoming somethings...

"Bodies. Corpses....w-we have them lying around...? C-couldn't we re-reanimate them?"
Qiklik twirls her sling for a bit. "If Mr. Somerled's close enough fer it, but those skeletons ain't all that close to the fight. 'Less he learned to animate corpses long range? Hum, I wouldn't mind learning how to animate corpses...

"...right, well, anyways, we oughta take care of that mage, shouldn't we? Near took out your head there. I wouldn't mind learning how to do that...

"...we could throw skellys at them...and..."

Qiklik's train of thought abruptly goes off the rails, taking her along for the ride. She quickly snaps out of it, though.
Sparkles spares a glance for the skeleton on the ground near her.

"Want me to toss you these bones, Somerled? We could see what ol' Skellington here can do..."
"No other way out now. Throw 'em to me, Sparkley. Just have to take out the mage, and we can run for it."

Somerled moves southeast.
"Okay. You got enough juice to animate bonesy in the corner too? You could head for that guy while I gather up these bones. Otherwise maybe you should just come over here and I'll cover ya."
[Image: IN10.png]

Turn Order:
Amanita
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar
Qiklik
Somerled

SpoilerShow
"Sigh. I bet we won't even have a rooftop chase the way this is going."
Amanita pulls out her bows and arrow.
[Image: IN11.png]

Turn Order:
Sparkles
Deta
Pethenar
Qiklik
Somerled
Amanita

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Sparkles heads south to the bundle of bones.

"I just knew robbing them graves would pay off. Felt it in my bones, so to speak."
[Image: IN12.png]

Turn Order:
Deta
Pethenar
Qiklik
Somerled
Amanita
Sparkles

SpoilerShow
"I-if we can b-bottleneck them..."

Deta moves southeast, out of the mage's sight. She hopes.

"We ought t-to be able to...arrow th-them? I-I've got a feeling...I th-think..."