RE: Fyte Placan Season Five [Round 8: Can we get someone else up there?]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: Fyte Placan Season Five [Round 8: Can we get someone else up there?]
RE: Fyte Placan Season Five [Auditions close noon PST]
GATR as THE BUFFROBO

Gave both of your actives a cooldown of 1, and gave flex a lingering effect. Which is to say:
on turn 1, you flex and take 1 damage and gain +1 DEF
on turn 2, you have +2 ATK and +0 DEF, and cannot flex
on turn 3, you have +1 ATK and +0 DEF, and can flex again.

Suplex I think will work best if it's not additional damage, and simply based on your missing HP.

I'm going to interpret GLISTENING MUSCLES as BUFFROBO leaping across the room as if to say "YOU NEED TO SEE THESE PUPPIES HERE AND NOW."

SpoilerShow

SLEEPY as CLETUS THE ARMED

I gave Sniper Shot a 40% chance to stun instead of 20%, a cooldown of 2, and clarified the effects of it being a long range attack. In most cases, anybody can target anybody with any attack, but there could be situations where the environment puts limitations on this, which includes distance.

I also gave Didn't Die for Nothing +2 HP instead of +1, and clarified the effects of the DEF buff as the Magic Shield effect.

SpoilerShow

KAYNATO as SANTAR CLOG

Uh oh.

SANTAR Clogs the Pipes is looking good to me, but I'm giving Traditional XMUX Punishment a cooldown of 1 after SANTAR CLOG breaks his own paralysis.

I'm editing Spreading HOLE-DAY CHAR to make more sense for the environment system I'm going for (I'm not using tiles; it's very lax).

Your stats were looking a little wonky, so I edited them to what I think you were going for.

SpoilerShow

QWERX3 as AN OVERCOOKED TRAINING DUMMY

I'm concerned that Target Practice might be too weak, since there is no inherent miss rate. I may change this to be 5% for all attacks, though, I'm unsure.

Compel looks nice, but I clarified it a little bit.

Firewall is looking good too.

SpoilerShow

as SPINNY

We discussed some of this on Discord, but I decided to make Unscrew Slam 80% accurate instead of 90% and reduce the cooldown to 2, after reforming. You upper and lower halves will also share a health pool, but I'm making a separate reference for their stats and moves.

Each half also now has the passive Unwound, which removed the ability to defend, but effectively gives them a chance to do 2 damage instead of just 1.

SpoilerShow

IXCALIBUR as ...

We discussed some of this already.

SpoilerShow
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
So far there are fifteen entries, but only six will be selected for the first match. If anyone else wants to DM a match, feel free to do so. We don't want this wonderful work to go to waste!
If Target Practice is too weak, could toss in a +1 ATK boost as well.
character update:
SpoilerShow

s'all i wanted to say

edit: i guess i'll just say here so it's on the record: in discord we buffed Tracking Software to have +1 attack, and also smash its way through obstacles on the way to the target.
qwerx, I considered that a few hours ago when I was going over it, but I was hesitant for one reason or another. Whatever, approved. Duckreport
QWERX3 as AN OVERCOOKED TRAINING DUMMY

+1 ATK buff added to Target Practice

SpoilerShow

BIGRO as :)

Changes discussed in Discord

SpoilerShow

ROBUST LASER as CA55-ED

Changes discussed in Discord, again

SpoilerShow

GATR as THE BUFFROBO

Changes discuuuuuuusssed in....... DISCORD

SpoilerShow

GUARDIAN TEMPEST as GERTRUDE STAMPIAN

This character was just fucking created in discord, why not.

SpoilerShow
From what I can tell, your latest changes to Psychic control make it terribly underpowered. On average it would be highly disadvantageous to use it in combat. If the skill is used as it is now, the following things happen over the course of 2 turns.

Self: Consumes 2 turns. Average action loss: 200%
Opponent: 50% chance to consume 1 turn. Average action loss 50%

Self: 60% chance to take 1 action that does something over two turns. Average attack effectiveness: 60% of a regular attack.
Opponent: 50% chance to take 2 actions, 100% chance to take at least 1 action. Average attack effectiveness: 150%.
Alright, fair enough. Here's the move in question.

[PSYCHIC CONROL] Forfeit control of Pisci to usurp control of a sapient target for one round. Miss your next turn to recharge. 50% chance to fail, 10% chance to target someone nearby instead. (Cooldown 2)

I can change it to only hard cooldown if the move is successful, giving you a turn loss of 150% at current chance values.

Scenario 1: Move fails, you try again next turn. 50%
Scenario 2: Move is successful, you take the opponent's next turn, and recharge on your next turn. 40%.
Scenario 3: Move is successful, but a different enemy is controlled instead. You take their turn and recharge on your next turn. 10%, depending on circumstances.
Scenario 4: Move is successful, but an ally is controlled instead. You take their turn, and recharge on your next turn. 10%, depending on circumstances.

What would you like to change? I can lower the failure rate perhaps.
[Image: RfgKgzW.png]
"Hi I'm Gertude Stampian and I'd like to thank my loyal fanbase for bringing me here. Be sure to check out my fanventure and feed me lots of fanart based on this experience!"

[PHYSICAL OVEREXERTION]: Gain 3 extra stat points to distribute, where 1 point = 2 HP, 1 ATK, 1 DEF or 4 INIT. After her next turn, these extra stats become negative, except for HP. If Gertrude would have negative ATK, she is additionally stunned for the next round. If she would have negative DEF, she would take the appropriate amount of extra damage per attack. Stats return to normal after another turn. (Cooldown 2)
["THAT'S ENOUGH!!"]: Deal double the damage dealt to Gertrude since her last turn. (Cooldown 1)
[PASSIVE: INCREASING DESPERATION]: Gains INIT based on damage taken, and also +1 ATK, +1 DEF, and one more stat point for use with Physical Overexertion if HP is 3 or below. Beret comes off at 10 HP and jacket comes off at 6 HP (cosmetic).

HP: 16 (+3)
ATK: 2 (+1)
DEF: 1 (+2)
INIT: 0
RE: Fyte Placan Season Five [Auditions closed!]
Here is my proposal.

On a miss, the skill should have an extremely high chance to hit the audience instead of the current 1 in 5 chance. The Audience member that was hit does not necessarily need to be useful. This part isn't so much of a buff to the skill as it is an increase in potential shenanigans. Deliberately attempting to target an audience member should also be a legal action.
Will the audience member take legal action on your character if so?
[Image: ly5UACS.png]

The lights turn off. The sounds of hastily working construction and set designers surround you, and a cloud of dust begins to form - its complete darkness, and you can't see a thing. Stagehands bump and shove you around, as if they aren't quite sure where to place you. A man booms over an intercom that you weren't aware was there before.

"We go live in 3... 2..."

Soon enough, the stage empties and the fog settles... and the lights snap on with a blinding flash...

[Image: K5fQfve.png]

"GOOOOOOOOD AFTERNOON! Two teams of three contestants have been chosen to FIGHT TO THE DEATH*, in an all-out brawl here in our cosmic studios! Tonight, we have here with us, three robots, two entities beyond comprehension, and one well-loved teddy bear! It's looking to be a grueling battle, folks; will their circuits fry? Will love win over? Or will we be too scarred to remember the outcome? Whatever the case may be..."

[Image: UG9Rj0h.png]

It's The Mothmatician's turn!

The Mothmatician [6 +20] (26)
SANTAR CLOG [18 +4] (22)
Cil [10 +8] (18)
THE BUFFROBO [16 +0] (16)
Dr Ted [3 +8] (11)

CA55-ED [1 +4] (5)

SpoilerShow

[Image: l9UUeQI.png]

"...The rest of you can go. You can find your things on the first post. Better luck next time."

Feel free to discuss strategies over PM! Or not, whatever you want!

*not actually a fight to the death
You must be registered to view this content.
Our resident Lepidorktera strings together some vectors, launches their talons out into the yonder, and grabs two foes before forcibly rearranging them.

{KAFKAN DISPLACEMENT on: Dr. Ted and Santar Clog}
SpoilerShow
Let me process it first in most cases, but you can go ahead and tell me what you're planning if what's happening is 100% certain. Like if someone defended and all that's happening is the +2 DEF buff, and you're next, then go for it.
[Image: wmJRDp0.png]

The Mothmatician grabs hold of Santar Clog and Ted, and suddenly, the two switch places... the displacement of spacetime between them dealing 2 (3 -1) damage to them each!

Dr. Ted: 12/14
SANTAR CLOG: 8/10

It's SANTAR CLOG's turn!

SANTAR CLOG [18 +4] (22)
Cil [10 +8] (18)
Dr Ted [3 +8] (11)

CA55-ED [1 +4] (5)

SpoilerShow
RE: Fyte Placan Season Five [Round 1: Begin!]
Santar Clog, suffering the indignant violation of the XMUX spirit, shifts wildly, seeking a target for its vile retribution. Taking out the stakes and nails, Santar Clog advances towards Cil, and performs the Traditional Xmux Punishment!!
Just curious, how is body difference defined?
Schazer initially said size. I expanded it to include size, shape, materials, etc.

Santar and Ted have what I'll say is 1 degree difference in size, have 1 degree difference in shape, and 2 degrees difference in alignment. However they're both, erm... fluffy. So 3 damage in total before DEF reductions.

If Cil swapped with CA55-ED, they would have zero damage dealt to them, because they're both robots, the same size, humanoid, etc etc.
My initial idea with the skill was basically a The Fly type situation where teleporting yourself where something's clogging the destination point can have serious effects on the transportee's wellbeing. I didn't want to overcomplicate the skill for earthexe's benefit so I stuck to size as the main damage decider, but as long as he's got a consistent system that works for him I'll happily take whatever Duckreport
[Image: KOZf5jJ.png]

Santar Clog skitters over to Cil and clambers on top of him to peform his proper rites! They are both unable to do anything but struggle for the next turn!

Cil is trapped underneath Santar Clog, and cannot do anything this round!

It's THE BUFFROBO's turn!

SANTAR CLOG [18 +4] (22)
Cil [10 +8] (18)

Dr Ted [3 +8] (11)

CA55-ED [1 +4] (5)

SpoilerShow
(09-15-2016, 09:25 PM)Supernerd Wrote: »Here is my proposal.

On a miss, the skill should have an extremely high chance to hit the audience instead of the current 1 in 5 chance. The Audience member that was hit does not necessarily need to be useful. This part isn't so much of a buff to the skill as it is an increase in potential shenanigans. Deliberately attempting to target an audience member should also be a legal action.

[PSYCHIC CONROL] Forfeit control of Pisci to usurp control of a sapient target for one round. Miss your next turn to recharge. 40% chance to fail, 10% chance to target someone nearby instead. If a miss, no cooldown and a 75% chance to control a random stagehand. (Cooldown 2)

Scenario 1: Move fails, you try again next turn. 10%.
Scenario 2: Move fails, you take control of a stagehand with 6 points in INIT and the ability to generate or move furniture. 30%, or 50% if done so intentionally.
Scenario 3: Move is successful, you take the opponent's next turn, and recharge on your next turn. 50%.
Scenario 4: Move is successful, but a different enemy is controlled instead. You take their turn and recharge on your next turn. 10%, depending on circumstances.
Scenario 5: Move is successful, but an ally is controlled instead. You take their turn, and recharge on your next turn. 10%, depending on circumstances.
I walk over to the middle of the room, casually crushing that coffee mug under me...

THEN

I

FLEX
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I love everything that is happening here.