RE: Fyte Placan Season Five [Round 8: Can we get someone else up there?]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Image: JNvOH7V.png]

"Welcome to Fyte Placan, a turn-based battle of the best. Yadda yadda, it's time for auditions. Here's what we're looking from you."

"We'll be picking two teams of three contestants to duke it out on our set over here, to see who is... I dunno, we've been doing this for years. Strongest doesn't exactly describe some of our past winners. Coolest?"

[Image: jEh8Qer.png]

"The way this works is, you stand in the spotlight and introduce yourself. Don't worry about looking nice right now; our makeup crew will fix you up when it's time for the real thing. Tell us your abilities - most folks typically have two active and one passive ability. Oh, and we've just GOT to have those stats."

"Active abilities are things you use on your, uh, turn, to shake up the fight a little bit, either through attacking the enemy or defending your team. Passive abilities do that too, I guess, but they just sort of happen without you explicitly trying. Everybody will have the option to simply attack or defend instead of using these on their turn, though, so don't worry about filling up your slots with extra special attacks."

"Let's see... the stats we're looking for are as follows..."

[Image: nO4IH8S.png]

SpoilerShow

"...Right. There we go. So, who wants to go first?"

Starboy Wrote:[Image: mpBoIyX.png]

"U-uuh, hi. I'm... Starboy. I don't think I'm very good at this..."

[STAR BASH] Standard attack with +2 ATK. (Cooldown 1)
[STAR FLASH] Blind a target, giving them a 50% chance of missing on their next turn. (Cooldown 0)
[PASSIVE: STAR OF THE SHOW] Regenerates 1-3 HP each turn.

HP: 12 (+1)
ATK: 2 (+1)
DEF: 1 (+2)
INIT: 8 (+2)

"...Right. I suppose that's good enough, but we may have to have our writers fix some of that up to be more appealing to the audience, alright?"

"Nice. Just remember folks, we aren't just playing to win - we're doing this to ENTERTAIN. Which means we'll be handing out bonuses to those who stir the most drama, stay in character, cause the most property damage... wait, am I supposed to tell them that?"

"Yeah, whatever. Let's get this over with."

"NEXT!"

-------------------------

By the time I check this thread again in my own home, I will pick six people at random, and the rest are going in the reserves for possible future games. It'll definitely be a few days.

Roster:
1. KAYNATO as SANTAR CLOG
SpoilerShow
2. SCHAZER as THE MOTHMATICIAN
SpoilerShow
3. BANANAPANDA as DR. TED
SpoilerShow
4. ROBUST LASER as CA55-ED
SpoilerShow
5. LANKIE as CIL
SpoilerShow
6. GATR as THE BUFFROBO
SpoilerShow

Reserves:
as SPINNY
SpoilerShow
SUPERNERD as THE GREAT PISCI
SpoilerShow
A52 as JIM
SpoilerShow
POLYMORPH as AN ABANDONED CHEESEBURGER
SpoilerShow
BIGRO as :)
SpoilerShow
IXCALIBUR as ...
SpoilerShow
AKUMU as THE HUNGERING BLADE
SpoilerShow
SLEEPY as CLETUS THE ARMED
SpoilerShow
QWERX3 as AN OVERCOOKED TRAINING DUMMY
SpoilerShow
GUARDIAN TEMPEST as GERTUDE STAMPIAN
SpoilerShow
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
RE: Fyte Placan Season Five [Auditions]
You must be registered to view this content.
[Image: FYTE_zpsq5bd701x.png]

"Hi hello my name is Cil and I've definitely not been in this competition before."

[DEFENSE.EXE] Take damage for one ally. (Cooldown 1)
[SYS_REPAIR] Heal 4 HP (Cooldown 2)
[PASSIVE: ROBOTS CAN BE HEROES] Gain +4 DEF if Hp is below 2

HP: 10 (+0)
ATK: 1 (+0)
DEF: 2 (±4)
INIT: 8 (+2)
Hell yes aw yes. moar fytes. So rad.
I suppose I should elaborate a little more on defending and missing.

When you choose to defend on your turn, you gain +2 DEF for that turn, and +1 DEF on your next turn. After two turns, you have +0 to your original DEF stat.

When you MISS, you are likely instead going to attack the ENVIRONMENT nearby, or someone else if they're close enough.
There will be all sorts of stuff you can hit - and if you so please, you can even choose to target environment objects.
[Image: CgsYUXt.png]

"I am the Great Pisci! The Psychic alien fish from Beyond Space!"

[Psychic Control] Takes control of specified target. Target must be sentient or it will not work. Can remain in effect indefinitely, but Pisci cannot evade any attacks until psychic control ends. Taking any action beyond controlling the target will immediately end this effect.
[Psychic Barrier] Increases one character's defense by an extreme amount. Can remain in effect indefinitely, but Pisci cannot evade any attacks until Psychic barrier ends. If Pisci takes any action, the barrier goes down.
[Passive: Mental Barrier] Pisci is immune to non-physical status effects.

ATK: 3 (+2)
DEF: 0 (+0)
INIT: 12 (+3)
[Image: cOQgOVw.png]
"The Doctor is in and his name is Ted"

[SELF LOVE] Take a second to do some self care and heal 3 HP. (Cooldown 2)
[MENDING HUG] Heal 2 HP of a friend. (Cooldown 1)
[PASSIVE: BIG HEART] If near a friend there is a 40% chance to take half of the damage dealt to said friend.

HP: 14 (+2)
INIT: 10 (+2)
SpoilerShow
[Image: cowboy%20robot.png]

"Some call me a hero. Some call me a scoundrel. You can call me Jim."

[ROOTIN' TOOTIN' SHARPSHOOTIN'] Attacks with +3 ATK. -1 DEF next turn. (Cooldown: 1 turn)
[REMEMBER THE ALAMO]Attacks with +6 ATK. (Cooldown: 4? 5? 6? turns. What do you feel is more balanced?)
[PASSIVE: GIDDY UP] +1 to +2 INIT every turn.

INIT: 0
[Image: burger.png]

(A maintenance worker accidentally left his lunch at the spotlight before the cameras started rolling)

[REHEAT] Lose 1 HP, gain 3 HP next turn. (Cooldown: 1 turn)
[STALE BUNS] Disgusts a player, costing them an action. (Cooldown: 2 turns?)
[PASSIVE: MYSTERY MEAT] Increases DEF by 3 when below 4 HP, but becomes unable to do anything but [REHEAT].

HP: 10
ATK: 1
INIT: 16 (+4)
NERFS, ADJUSTMENTS, ETC

as SPINNY

Looking good. I'm giving Gyroscope a 15% chance to activate, and I'm fixing some stat allocation errors.

SpoilerShow

LANKIE as CIL

You're good, too. I'll have to find a way to implement DEFENSE.EXE though, since I'm handling turns a bit differently this time around. I'll instead tell people its their turn in this thread one at a time, and I'm not 100% sure how to make it work in this format instead of everybody submitting their actions all at once.

SpoilerShow

I'll be honest, there's a lot going on here. While I like the idea behind psychic control, implementing it like this is just... very overpowered. It potentially boots one person out of the game until either one of you die. I'd be willing to make it a one round effect, with a hard cooldown (no actions WHATSOEVER), or with a high chance of failure, maybe 30-50%.

Psychic Barrier is good, but I'm rewording it to make more sense for the turn system.

Mental Barrier is also good, but I'm concerned with how useful it will be, since there aren't very many status effects in existence yet.

Additionally, you still have one point to spend on your stats.

SpoilerShow

BANANAPANDA as DR. TED

I'm basically buffing everything, but you've also spent too many points. You'll need to get rid of 1. I fixed soem stat errors for the points as they are, though.

SpoilerShow

A52 as A HERO A SCOUNDREL JIM

Rootin' Tootin' Sharpshootin' is good, but I may increase that cooldown.

Remember the Alamo is VERY overpowered; with your stats, you could easily OHKO even a tank. I would suggest instead, something that ignores DEF, or something that hits multiple targets. If you want it as it is, I'll make it so that it always leaves the target with at least 1 HP, and perhaps a hard cooldown or a charge period.

Giddy Up seemed like something OP at first sight, but as I thought about it, it seems okay. You can also just have a flat bonus to your INIT as your passive.

SpoilerShow

POLYMORPH as A SURPRISINGLY AGILE CHEESEBURGER

I'm removing the cooldown on Reheat, and reducing the cooldown on Stale Buns. Otherwise, nice.

SpoilerShow

I'm debating on whether or not the DEF stat should be allowed to go negative. I'm leaning against it, though. The only stat that definitely can, at this point, is INIT.

I'm really liking these submissions, by the way.
Oh, I somehow missed that attack starts with 2 points. Put my last point into health I guess.
[Image: QJc7Oab.png]
"So this is like a fight or something? Cool. I'm CA55-ED."

[Apathetic Charm] Specified enemy cannot target specified ally on their next turn. (Cooldown 2? 1?)
[Tracking Software] Standard attack that can't miss (Cooldown 1)
[Software Update Required] Accidentally sometimes fire an extra attack at a random (enemy?) target. Or, y'know, it can do the usual whiffing and hitting the background too sometimes. I swear they say v0.89 is going to fix the unintentional spellcasting bugs.

HP: 12 (+1)
INIT: 4 (+1)
I like the idea of something that ignores DEF. Let's go with that instead.

Edit: Actually, let's go with the original idea, but make it one use only. I mean, the Alamo only happened once.
Oh, oops, you can take it out of attack.
SpoilerShow
[Image: rglwTsy.png]
"Permit this false callow absolve itself; I, The Mothmatician, will wrench this reality from its cocoon."

[KAFKAN DISPLACEMENT] Switches the positions of any two entities on the field. Cannot self-target. Size Disparity between targets causes damage to them (Two switched humanoids won't take damage, but a humanoid with the Balloon or the Hamburger would each take damage.) (Cooldown 3)
[ABSTRACTUM ARACHNUM] Pulls on cosmic threads to manipulate character stats; target's stat points (excluding those placed in HP) are redistributed to sit on a single stat. (Cooldown 4) Probably not permanent, duration to be clarified by GM fiat
[PASSIVE: CHAETA OF FATE] 50% chance when targeted in melee to reflexively "jump back" to their state on their previous turn. This effect also applies to the attacker (or anything else that might end up in their proximity). Whether the "jumpback" affects Active Ability cooldowns is subject again to GM fiat

DEF: 0
INIT: 20 (+4)
[Image: blank_zpsdgogni5u.png]
"..."

[DUPLICATE]Creates an exact duplicate of ... with the stats: HP: 2, ATK: 0, DEF: 0, INIT: 0. Duplicates cannot attack but can use ...s abilities and are affected by ...s passive ability. (Cooldown 1)
[SHELL GAME]Switches places with a random duplicate. (Cooldown 2)
[PASSIVE: INSTABILITY]Whenever ... is killed the attacker takes 3 damage.

ATK: 1
DEF: 3 (+6)
[Image: E2en08C.png]
"... feed me ..."

[PIERCE] ATK 7, ignores DEF (cooldown 1)
[WIELD] Target a character other than The Hungering Blade. That character's ATK is doubled on their next turn.
[PASSIVE: BLOOD HUNGER] When damage is done by The Hungering Blade or by the target of WIELD, The Hungering Blade gains an equal number of HP.

HP: 12
ATK: 4
DEF: 1
RE: Fyte Placan Season Five [Last Chance Auditions]
I'm looking over all the new submissions and balancing stuff. I'll probably be closing auditions and starting this whole shebang tomorrow (Thursday). So here's your last chance to get something in before the diceroll!
AKUMU as THE HUNGERING BLADE

We discussed changes over Discord.

SpoilerShow

Finalizing Psychic Control, if you have nothing to say about my changes. Adding 1 point to HP.

SpoilerShow

A52 as JIM

We discussed this over Discord.

SpoilerShow

BANANAPANDA as DR. TED

Removing one point from ATK.

SpoilerShow

ROBUST LASER as CA55-ED

I'm afraid of Apathetic Charm being a little too weak, but with your passive, it's good. No cooldown for you!

I also filled out my take on Software Update, which makes it activate every rotation. You would effectively have a 15% chance to damage an ally every round, but a 35% chance to damage an enemy. The rest is in collateral town.

SpoilerShow

BIGRO as A BALLOON

Ominous Squeak: Dropping the initiative of everybody except for you is a little pointless, so I'll make it affect a range. I may as well do the same for ATK. Adding a cooldown of 1.

I'm taking Helium Revealium down to 90% evasiveness, and adding a cooldown of 2. Given the way turns work, though, I'm concerned with how useful this is, so I'm making the effect linger as well. If you don't want that, I'll make it a cooldown of 1.

Floaty looks good, but I'm also concerned how useful it'd be given the other players' attacks so far.

SpoilerShow

SCHAZER as THE MOTHMATICIAN

Firstly I'm really into your aesthetic. Nice.

I'm expanding the practicality of Kafkan Displacement to consider things like shape and material as well, and knocking down the cooldown to 2.

Abstractum Arachnum is good. I'm making the effect last for two of their turns and knocking the cooldown to 3 as well.

Chaeta of Fate is really, really good. I'm not sure whether or not I'll let it affect cooldowns; I suppose I'll have to make that decision when it activates in combat.

Also you're missing a point.

SpoilerShow

IXCALIBUR as ...

Duplicates can get pretty crazy pretty fast, so I'm adding a duplicate tier system. Alternatively, I could remove a duplicate's ability to duplicate. Shell Game doesn't need a cooldown, though.

I'm debating whether or not Instability should simple be an AOE effect, due to the existence of range attackers.

For sanity's sake, you should probably give these guys some visual difference as well.

SpoilerShow
RE: Fyte Placan Season Five [Auditions close noon PST]
[Image: buffrobo_zps0xr3uuuj.png]

"Please, don't feel overwhelmed by my GLISTENING MUSCLES. I will give each of you a chance to kiss THE BUFFROBO's pecs."

[FLEX] +2 ATK, +1 DEF, and THE BUFFROBO takes 1 damage. Effect lasts for 2 turns, with only +1 ATK on the second. (Cooldown 1)
[SUPLEX] Does damage equal to THE BUFFROBO's missing HP. (Cooldown 1)
[PASSIVE: GLISTENING MUSCLES] Each attack in the entire game (except for its own) has a 10% chance to be intercepted by THE BUFFROBO.

HP: 12
ATK: 2
DEF: 2
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
[Image: 6xAesmZ.jpg]
"Hey folks, I'm Cletus the Armed, and let's have a good time out there!"

[SNIPER SHOT] Long ranged (if that means anything) attack with +2 ATK and a 20% chance they lose turn (Cooldown 1?)
[MAGIC SHIELD] +2 DEF to an ally that I choose for 1 round (Cooldown 1?)
[DIDN'T DIE FOR NOTHING] When killed +1 HP and +2 DEF is given to allies

Atk: 3 (+2)
Def: 0 (+0)
Init: 8 (+2)
SpoilerShow
[Image: clog.png?raw=1]
It's SANTAR CLOG, the "DEVIL OF XMUX."

ATK: 4 (+3)
INIT: 4 (+1)

[SANTAR CLOGS THE PIPES] This attack temporarily lowers a target's DEF by 2 and increases either Santar Clog's ATK by 2 or INIT by 4. These changes are halved after one turn, and revert fully after two turns. (Cooldown: 3)
Santar Clog performs a vicious clog dance to the sound of pipes.

[TRADITIONAL XMUX PUNISHMENT] When activated, this immobilizes Santar Clog and a selected target for at least one turn. On subsequent turns, the chance that the paralysis is broken increases by 25%. When Santar Clog attacks an immobilized target, its attacks bypass defense. (Cooldown 1 after leaving paralysis)
Santar Clog performs the traditional XMUX PUNISHMENT.

[PASSIVE: SPREADING HOLE-DAY CHAR] Whenever Santar Clog moves, there is a 40% chance of leaving "HOLE-DAY CHAR" (a fire) on the previous location for 2 turns which is capable of inflicting one piercing damage to those that travel through or onto it. SANTAR CLOG cannot be harmed by his own flames.
Santar Clog scurries through the power of HOLE-DAY CHAR.

edit: accepted adjustments
[Image: I4IB9hE.png]

Wait, it's one of our tutorial dummies. Looks like some mage was overly enthusiastic experimenting on this one though...

ATK: 1 (+0)
DEF: 3 (+6)
INIT: 0 (+0)

[TARGET PRACTICE] Buffs an ally; their next attack cannot miss. (Cooldown 0)
[COMPEL] Compels an enemy to basic attack you next turn; they are unable to do anything else. -1 damage taken from this attack. (Cooldown 1)
[PASSIVE: FIREWALL] Enemies that attack or cast damaging spells at you take 1/3 damage, rounded up (minimum 1 damage, even for attacks that end up doing no damage)